You probobly wondered this...

A Light Infantry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, think of brighter things, Timenn. Like the possibility of a 3rd world war if Bush decides to attack Iraq. Or 5 inf instead of 3 being mowed down together, run over together, having their bodies desecrated together on the harsh, dry sands of Dune.

On some maps infantry has some use. Think of verry rocky environments. You can make a D-tour with an army of tank, or choose a possible faster route only infantry can travel through. Combined with engeneers it might even work.

Yeah,another adv inf have over tanx is that is that if an enemy inf manages to reach close to ur defending army, and u have seige/sonic tanks there, the possibility of other units, esp. urs getting damaged too, is very high. Trikes are useful in this case, but a squad of inf are cheaper and work faster. And, of course, this way there is always the added pleasure of hearing vehicles blow up along with hearing the inf being desecrated and having their body parts spread out on the harsh, dry sands of Dune. Sorry inoculator, but I really like this line. And, if I may say so myself, I'm quite a little, sweet sadist, thinking almost all the time of inf being desecrated and having their body parts spread out over the harsh, dry sands of Dune. The rest of the time I'm thinking of their bodies being desecrated and their body parts being spread out over some other place, like the blue, cold, clear and murky waters of Caladan. For, as the saying goes, where there is clear water, there is murky water somewhere else. Or is it where there is joy, there is sorrow somewhere else?

people underestimate infantry if you have 3 barracks pumping inf out as well as your other units b4 a big fight and they havn't botherd you should win everytime infantry are v cheap and build quick (more untis = more firepower meaning they die quicker = more targets for them to hit which takes them longer to kill - even if they die easy they still got to shoot them which means less shots going to your armour while theres are getting pounded-)

i never used to stop building inf all game.....(having higher than standard res. helps a lot with that coz they all on screen at same time so u just click click click while your doing other bits n peices)

• 2 weeks later...

The names of the post-count ranks roughly correspont to the ranks that you were awarded as you completed missions in Dune2.

Higher ranks like Naib are not from the game.

Also, a desert mongoose is a desert-dwelling animal in Dune. This is where the EBFD unit (the Mongoose) gets its name.

Now someone lock this thread please, I reckon it's about finished... ::)