Hello!

A Light Infantry

Where I stand In Dune: A hile back, 3 years ago I downloaded Dune 1 for PC. It as ok. Then I downloaded Dune 2, it was pretty good. I then bought an EA classics box. One of the things was Dune 2000. I accidently misplaced it. After beating RA2 (not YR et) I played Dune2K. Its pretty good. Im just getting patch. Not too long ago I learned that Dune started as a book. Im eading it. I also just saw the dune movie, the one made in 2000. Its good. so all in all, Hi!

• 2 weeks later...

I loved it when I first saw it. Soon after that I started to read the novells, liked them more and unfortunately didn't like the film after that. It just had to many errors. Or mayby not errors, but lack of time to work out the story line propperly :-

• 1 month later...

I saw that miniserie thing. It came on a channel called AXN in november '02.It was pretty cool but, as discussed above, wasn't too good compared too the game. To top it all, I played the game first. So I had pretty high expectances of the movie.

• 2 weeks later...

As in reply to the same question in 2 other topics, the quote below has been taken from Shiroko's FAQ page.

3.1.2.2 - Stealth Raider (Multiplayer Only)

The secondary special Ordos unit that was added in V1.06. The stealth raider acts exactly like a normal raider except it is in stealth (For more information on stealth mode see 6.8 - Stealth Units). Stealth raiders require an Ordos light factory and an Ordos barracks to be produced. Both of these structures can be built only by an Ordos player (So an enemy player must capture both in order to get them).

Stealth raiders give you tons of possibilities of tricking your opponent, from the simplest attack from the back to the smartest tricks of blocking its base.

Remember stealth raiders in yellow and red power mode cannot cloak.

An Ordos player starting a game will receive stealth raiders, which may be a problem to the other players. A good trick of killing this raider is placing a light infantry in the corner so if the opponent sends the raider blindly it'll be caught, just make sure to put something else over there to kill the stealth raider.

Cooool! A fast AND invisible scout! Thats as good as it can get!

But it can't be produced in practice, can it?

yeah, like shygirl said. you will have to patch dune2000 to 1.6, and then you can build the stealth raiders in practice

1. My Dune experience is different. First I saw the film. Then I played the games DuneII and Dune 2000. Then I read Dune novels. And still love all Dune products. All are perfect regarding their media usage. David Lynch movie is a great achievement, not exactly like the novels, but still makes you feel the duniverse in a very immersive way. I am a "faithfull" and I like weirding-modules. YA HYA CHOUHADA: long live the fighters!

2. There is an error in Shiroko FAQs.

Stealth raiders do not require ordos-barracks but ordos-hitech-factory.

3. I reveal it now (non-one noticed before): Dune 2000 devastator has auto-repair upto 50%. It is your prefered tank forever.

2. There is an error in Shiroko FAQs.

Stealth raiders do not require ordos-barracks but ordos-hitech-factory.

ok thanks for the addition.

btw, i started dune with Dune2. After that the books, the movie, Dune2k, Emperor and the miniseries

i was thrown in at the deep end , i got my dune2000 cd free with my comp , and i have been playing on-line for about 2 years now , so you could say im battle hardened , ive completed all the missions several times on medium and hard settings ,but i havn`t played the missions now for at least a year , playing on-line is much more fun , as the ai become rather predictable , ive probably played in excess of 500 players from around the world , and before westwood stopped there ranking system for dune2000 i acheved rank 2 for two months , but i guess rank means nothing as i have also beat the players ranked number 1 in the world several times , so i guess im a veteran too hehe.

any way if you want to play dune on-line you should do it now as dune 0n-line wont be availabe for ever.

http://mysite.freeserve.com/shy

This should be the page at Westwood where you could get the patch if you don't already have it. :)

Thanx, gryphon. I'll download it today. But could someone tell me about patches? I'm not familiar with them. 'course, I've seen links to them, but all I know is that they change the way your game works. But, I don't know how to operate them, so could someone post the procedure in points?

And SpiceGuild,

You weren't the only one who knew about the fact that devas along with harvies recharge upto 50%, I'm sure quite a few other people (including me) have known this fact.

And third, could any one tell me how to aim a DHM correctly? Every time I launch it, it hits near the designated target but not quite where I want it. So, I launch it between 4 building so that it hits atleast one. But I want to know how to aim it correctly.

A patch is usually released a few months after the game [ some games get multiple versions as more are needed ] and contains file updates for last minute changes to the software fixing bug's that additionally have been overlooked, in some cases extra units for the game. Or extra features for the game, as an example the Yuri's revenge patch that you need inorder to play online. If you don't have it it will download itself the first time you conect for online gaming.

Installing them [ in case of major commercial software ] is usually not that hard. They com as *.EXE files who will install themself ones the process is started. With as only option "this will install patch 1.09 for Space invaders", would you like to continue ? yes / no. After that, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Some games have pathches you need to "install" yourself, they come with an "readme" file saying something sort of "replace file spaceinvaders.exe. with the verion in this patch", things like that. Although for commercial games, that kind of patches are not that commen.

Sure i know your site ShyGirl4.

Also your rank inspires much respect.

The bad news is i perfectly qualifies as a total newbie (except i am sure you never cheat).

The AI is predictable: the exact reason why i never play online (shame on me). If the adversary is not predictable, then where are my prescience talents?

Also i am a turtler, which explains why i have this nice detail about devastator.