Turrents: Which house?

Fremen_Mentat

I prefer the harkonen flame turrets, sure the gunturret is better but not in rushes, atreides is bad at rushing so don't try it unless you know what you're doing.

Harkonen can easily rush and sneak an engineer in, instantly deploy a flameturret and destroy the baracks (if you have the con yard) and refineries or if you have the baracks, place flameturrets and destroy his refineries and con yard or you can build a baracks and pump out engineers.

Hmm it depends. In early rushes I think the Atreides Turrets are best, because you can quickly build those Machine Gun Posts, which are very good against light units.

But otherwise I prefer the Harkonnen turrets. The Gun Turret doesn't has slow rockets, and is good in AA

I never prefer the Ordos Turrets, but I use the Pop-up turret when I need it, never used the Gas Turret/Flame Turret

obviously u have not used the mega cannon or the ixian canon cuz they can shoot at any spot on the map ;D :O :D

well i know them, and no i have not used the mega cannon. I've merely fought it and it hardly bugged me, it only bugged my fedaykin when they tried to kill the emperor worm. Luckily that problem was solved by doing hit and run attacks, cuz the megacannons' projectile is not too fast

the best? tleilaxu living turret and guild mega cannon

All very nice lowzewee but we are not able to build them anyway unless you play on a map with neutral buildings that contain those turrets. And than you have to capture them so they become yours to play with.

the best? tleilaxu living turret and guild mega cannon

All very nice lowzewee but we are not able to build them anyway unless you play on a map with neutral buildings that contain those turrets. And than you have to capture them so they become yours to play with.

not if ill handle that simple problem ;)

I prefer turrets in this order:

Harkonnen Gun Turret

Atreides Machine Gun Post

Atreides Rocket Turret

Harkonnen Flame Turret

Ordos Pop-up Turret

Ordos Gas Turret

The Harkonnen Gun Turret is very effective against aircraft and vehicles, and is 100% accurate. As soon as it starts firing upon its' target, it will release a full burst that will hit the target no matter what. It can be overpowered by a small force of anti-armour infantry however, like 10 Kindjal Infantry. I find this turret very useful in general, although it does need support.

The Atreides Machine Gun Post is very effective against infantry, and decent against vehicles, the only drawback is the short range, and the inability to hit aircraft. I like this turret due to the firepower it offers for its' price, and the fact that it takes up no power.

Atreides Rocket Turrets come after this, because they are only effective against vehicles, and effective against aircraft to a lesser degree, compared to Harkonnen Gun Turrets. Their rate of fire is fairly slow for defending against rushes, and they have trouble killing even the weakest infantry, save the scout. They do appear to be the toughest turrets in the game though.

Harkonnen Flame Turrets are weak and vulnerable, but they are excellent at killing infantry, and can deal with minor light vehicle threats. Their range is short though, so I personally don't build them very often, unless I'm going to pop them up next to a group of infantry (the only time I won't do this is against a group of deployed Kindal Infantry that are fully deployed and loaded). ;)

Ordos Pop-up Turrets IMHO, are the most pathetic excuse for a turret in Emperor Battle for Dune. Their very short range, along with their ineffectiveness against infantry, and inability to hit aircraft, means they are vulnerable to just about everything. Their firepower destroys heavily armoured vehicles quite quickly, but most vehicles have a range that is longer than that of the turret, meaning the turret will be attacked and unable to defend itself. Expensive, and ineffective. I'd only build these to pop them up next to enemy vehicles, in the case that my base defenses have been breached, or to deploy them around my base to defend against Guild NIAB tanks.

Finally, the Ordos Gas Turret is the most awful turret, and a waste of money. It does have the longest range of any turret, and the gas canister has good splash damage and kills infantry quite well, but this turret is so weak against anything but infantry that I won't build it most of the time. Except maybe in the campaigns to have fun. But that's all. ::) :P

Harkonnen Flame Turrets are weak and vulnerable, but they are excellent at killing infantry, and can deal with minor light vehicle threats. Their range is short though, so I personally don't build them very often, unless I'm going to pop them up next to a group of infantry (the only time I won't do this is against a group of deployed Kindal Infantry that are fully deployed and loaded). ;)

The one thing that makes them effective is that they're good against buildings, rush the enemy, take a building and deploy a flameturret ;)