What do you think about DUNE movie?

Baron_Harkonnen

Starwars was great but I wish I could have seen jodorowsky's dune. It would have been very very weird and twisted from the novel but that is the whole point. Film is an art and things can be twisted. Also you want more futuristic stuff? he would have had it. most of the people involved in costume design and whatnot from jodorowsky's dune went right to starwars to help create their costumes and stuff.  Jodorowsky himself said that starwars looked almost exactly like some of the scenes from his movie. I wish I could have seen it:)

The main difference between Dune and StarWars that Dune is much more detailed... StarWars describe the location that is around Skywalker not the whole Empire like in Dune...Anyways StarWars movie is much better than Dune THOUGH... Still my greatest wish is to see The new Dune movie based on prequels... ::)

Dune is a lot more intelligent then Starwars. Not about the based around the empire stuff. Its darker and more "realistic" I guess you could say. It has a certain reality to it. George lucas was rumored to have a lawsuit against him if he didnt change the first plot story because frank herbert said it was very identical to dune. They left behind some stuff like talking about spice mines and stuff. Starwars is still cool though dont bash it too much. Dune is the greatest though:)

I would have loved to have seen  jodorowskys dune.

H.R. Giger was the art director and the coolest part

Salvidor dali was playing shadham he would have been great, especially with that huge handlebar moustache.

Why was it cancelled?

Lord of the rings sucks.  The people I hang out with that are dune fans know dune is better. the movie the fellowship of the rings was yucky as heck. that simple. dont compare apples to oranges.lol