What do you think about DUNE movie?

Baron_Harkonnen

It doesnt beat 2001 but its one of my favorites. the mood is great. even if they totally twist the story the got the atmosphere of the dune universe perfectly in my mind. I love it. the costuming and stuff was amazing. if Dune was never written before and it was just a movie that came out it would be a classic.

I've just seen it and it was better than I thought as most people on here said it is rubish. However I still don't understand why they had to put weirding modules and machine guns in it. Other than that it was great.

Believe it or not but I hate the Film.

A long time ago, when I only heard about Dune they showed the film on the Sci-Fi channel. And right away I loved the story behind it. So a few days later I run down to the bookstore and bought Dune 1 - 6. Loved all the books, but them from that moment on I hated the film.

Compared to the book they used, the film missed just to mutch.

I like your English :)

There are a lot of films out there, and they are all "not bad". But that doesn't make them a good movie. And that's what I miss in Dune. It's not special in any way according to me. And because the "big" differance between the book and film I don't thinkt it's that good at all.

But that's just my opinion, yours could verry well differ from that and that doesn't make it wrong.

When I compare the Dune movie with smth, first I go back to the time when it was created - perfect special effects, costumes.... BAD some actors... Dune movie is movie for Dune fans ( like the game FH Dune  ;) )  So for me it's great but for others it suxx ( I understand them :-/ ) Anyway they should do a new movie about Dune based on prequels >:(!

Lynch missed the whole point of Dune in his movie.  The book is about a man revered as a God and the dangers of that fanatical following (expressed more in Messiah than in Dune).  Lynch making Paul a God at the end who could make it rain was unforgiveable. However, the visuals of Lynch's Dune were right on, in my opinion.  The stillsuits were great.

The miniseries did a better job with the story line, partially because they had more time, but the visuals were awful.  What is up with Feyd-Rautha's hang glider on his back?  and, as someone on another site said,  the guild look like bishops from a chess board.  The sardaukar's chef hats the list goes on and on.  I think that if you could mix the storyline of the mini with the visuals of the Lynch movie, you would have a pretty good movie.

I didn't really like the movie, much too geared towards a wide audience (hey, waddaya expect, they gotta make a profit too). For example, the machineguns already mentioned, the Guild wanting Paul Atreides (hey, i see a star wars parallel here), and the high "Jediness" of the Bene Gesserit (heh, another SW parallel)

Some things were cool however, the depiction of the Harkonnen and Kaitain were sure good

oh and not to mention the ending