Top Players of Emperor

rogue1896

I like to think I am a very good player. I have beat alot of the mentioned above, not all of them mind you but a fair number of them. Some were 1 on 1 and some were 2 vs 2. I am sad to think that nobody put me in the list but I guess thats what happens when people who don't know you that well post and when you change your name alot and take long breaks in between, people tend to forget.

It's kinda cool in a way.

Well I dunno about top players in emp, I am assuming it means who have been playing as of lately. In that I mean the last 3 months or so. I have been on alot in the past 2 and a half months and have seen who are still good and such. I would like to make my list based upon these last 2-3months of playing and not of all time.

1. Acelethal

2. Gunwounds

3. Sardcore

4. Sarlour

5. Brennq

6. Zamboe

7. Elite

8. Fedak1n

9. Airunits A.K.A. Vile Soul / LINE 2 KILL

10. Drnknmsta

These of course should not be taken as numbered ranks although I would like to think they are somewhat close. I also am not on 24/7 and do not see every single player but this is my humble opinion. There are of course alot of people that I have heard are good. For EX. Skum0m3n,Doomp0w3r,Sarbaukar,Eatmiass, but I would just like to mention the first 10 named cause since I have been playing quite alot lately I think my judgement is fair in my view. Being a self-proclaimed great player I have made my choices. ;D ;D

If you want the opinion of an old timer that still visits the site, then Thoxens kool. I gotta give props for the guy spending so long developing an atreites wall. If he had done that back when the QM was still getting alot of use he might have taken my WOL calendars away ;)

Unfortunately we used to allways rush his partner then 2v1 him till he gave in. Once he still won (won't say who my partner was then)

Viligent was allways too busy making ppl accept his own settings, he shouldn't be on there, heh

Xvayne still plays?? jeese i thought that guys was married and had 2 kids by now??!!

How come noone mentioned Nav.........*snicker* ;D

ACE i remember being real good. But ACE was only good at ordos i think

U guys should do a poll for best player that went random all the time

FWH

Well, Fedak1n, beating the top players once isn't enough to call yourself a great player. I, too, have beaten some of those top players. (I've never beaten Ace, though, whether openly or incognito.) In games with two of them, I played so well as Atreides that I simply toyed with them and remained always a step or two ahead of them until I won. One was a long game on Fishers Plain against a great Ordos player, and the other was on Knife Fight--I used the great Atreides "crapper" strategy on Emprworm's site to just destroy a great Harkonnen player in an incredible Atreides spice capture. In a game against another of those great players, I simply used Ace's great Hark strategy against another great Hark player, so I won using only infantry, buzzsaws and regular Sards, along with the attack-move order. But those were just three games out of many. If I played those three guys in ten games, they would probably win nine, so what would be the point of bragging about one victory? That would make me another Nav. Not only that, but I won those games by using the BO's of three great players, namely Thoxen, Clam74, and Acelethal, so I simply beat great players by using the strats of other great players, not my own inventions. The point is, the great players are beatable; they just don't lose as much as the rest of us. Their consistently great play is their claim to fame and respect. Their experience and intelligence in creating BO's that make the rest of us ignorantly cry "Cheat!" and "Trainer!" is what got them where they are. Although Emperor is only a game, when it comes to RTS skill, all of the guys you listed, Fedak1n, as well as others, have my greatest respect. And fortunately there are great players like Acelethal, Brennq, and Clam74 who have so graciously shared their secrets with the rest of us.

I like to think I am a very good player. I have beat alot of the mentioned above, not all of them mind you but a fair number of them. Some were 1 on 1 and some were 2 vs 2. I am sad to think that nobody put me in the list but I guess thats what happens when people who don't know you that well post and when you change your name alot and take long breaks in between, people tend to forget.

It's kinda cool in a way.

Well I dunno about top players in emp, I am assuming it means who have been playing as of lately. In that I mean the last 3 months or so. I have been on alot in the past 2 and a half months and have seen who are still good and such. I would like to make my list based upon these last 2-3months of playing and not of all time.

1. Acelethal

2. Gunwounds

3. Sardcore

4. Sarlour

5. Brennq

6. Zamboe

7. Elite

8. Fedak1n

9. Airunits A.K.A. Vile Soul / LINE 2 KILL

10. Drnknmsta

These of course should not be taken as numbered ranks although I would like to think they are somewhat close. I also am not on 24/7 and do not see every single player but this is my humble opinion. There are of course alot of people that I have heard are good. For EX. Skum0m3n,Doomp0w3r,Sarbaukar,Eatmiass, but I would just like to mention the first 10 named cause since I have been playing quite alot lately I think my judgement is fair in my view. Being a self-proclaimed great player I have made my choices. ;D ;D

Remember V3ngeance ;D ;D

well i was playing with eatmiass a little while ago with procy and deluged. i'll be rather blunt. he's not good. he cheated too. we were playing on broken and he moved his base first of all, so that made it easy for me and pro to squeeze deluged together and then eatmiass started using the air drone bug and eventually, after we killed deluged, we just squashed eatmiass, cheating and all.

on another note, i haven't played with guns for a long time. perhaps i should, seeing as how a lot of people think he's that good.

Viligent was allways too busy making ppl accept his own settings, he shouldn't be on there, heh

My settings.....When did I make people pick MY settings? Hell I played any good settings game under 10k with pretty much anybody, I left games that were like 15k on pacthwork mesa because A) Its A Atreides death zone and B) 10k and under, I am not going to be on here a lot for next like 9 weeks, but I still have time to correct people ;D.

top players ive played b4 in no order

cerb3erus

xvayne

ace1gold

atrforce

s0naxus

hydrodoc

alr79

biorock

gzakiller

ne0storm - camieu?

hawkdawg

best players who were still playing when i left were cerb,xvayne,biorock and atrforce, they still play ? and whos best now, ne1 from 666 clan still play ?

Ive only been playing since this last summer and havent played the top players yet. I just wanted to say that it was pretty amazing what t4pd4t4ss did at the end of Dec. He was the only person in his clan but in like 5 days he became the number 1 clan. :O

-I didn't play much people... but I do know that bilbo30 has wonn the clanladder many times, yeye, he was a lamer and maybe he's a cheater. But there weren't much people that were able to stop his (lame) guild rush...

-Bossofpig was also a good player, didn't see him before in a list of top players...

and other people like harkdawg, brennq, skorpija, and maaaaaaaaany more just the same as the rest :)

L8er,

Schorp

I think maybe the fairest statement is to say that there are a lot of good people, and any of them can be dangerous given the right map, sets or situation / opportunity.

QM is not a good indicator, and I say that even though 7 #1 ranked QM players have been from *FEW*.

Navaros has it sort of right -- a lot of the good old-timers left (I am one of the very FEW (hehe) old-timers who didn't either leave or switch up names ten-bajillion times), but I remember the old strats and the reason a lot of them left was because the strats evolved and they started getting their asses busted.

So, no list, but I'd say there are 10 - 15 players who are always dangerous even when it looks like they are going to lose.

And on the topic, I know several people who I'd take on a 2 v 2 team who aren't in my opinion one of those 10 - 15 people (because team play is a lot different then 1v1 -- back when the game was new feydaykin and I were never great 1v1 but in the 6 months before he quit we never lost a single game 2v2 -- any map, any sets, against any Clan or team, because we had our teamwork down cold (and for reasons of jinx we never played a single game against eachother ever, hehe :)).

I think maybe the fairest statement is to say that there are a lot of good people, and any of them can be dangerous given the right map, sets or situation / opportunity.

truely best player i seen on this game was bilbo but thats prob coz he only ever played his own 30k sets still he was the best in the world on them (yeah he got beat now and again but he still had over 95% win ratio)