LOTR MOD

Frodo

What do you think? Could it be possible? I think with some good textures and some rules tricks it might be possible. I know I retired from modding, but the more I see people making more mods, the more i want to make another. The Maros Mod had alot of bugs, It is still fixable, but it is by now outdated. I still have some more work to do for someone else though, before I can begin. But I think a Lord of the Rings mod is possible, but it will also need to be a total conversion. There will be no Mechs of course, and would be very large in size. The 3 sides that I was thinking of would be -The Last Alliance -Sauron's Armies and -Saruman's Armies. Subs could be -Ents -Wizards -? -? -? Any suggestions are welcome.

Sorry to have to tell you this Frodo but Emperor will require ALOT of work to try and represent hand->hand type warfare. Apart from the obvious stuff like spice, unvarying terrain, creating cavalry xafs, ect. my biggest consern for your plan is walls. Alot of fighting tend to happen on and around walls. How to implement that.. ?

You should have a look at warrior kings.

-> i always try to respond to those who feel like trying something that could advance the scope of RTS modifying -> this is one of the things that makes RTS games more interesting than firstperson shooters.

I actually had the same thoughts a few days ago after seeing the second film ;D.

Yes, its possible but very hard, hand to hand combat is perfectly feasible, however i think your sides are wrong, afterall would sauron fight Saruman?

I know it is possible, but it would take ages. About the sides, i can make it either sides or races. Like Humans, Elves, Dwarves, but that would be fighting friends with friends.[br]If you saw the movie, but did not read the book, the hidden text below may be a spoiler. [hide]Sauron would fight Saruman because Saruman betrays both the Alliance, and Sauron. He tries to get the ring for himself. :)[/hide]

Sorry, it was in The Two Towers book. Unless you read the second book, i guess you would not know. They never really mentioned it in the movie, but I guess unless you read the book, you wouldn't suspect it. I will hide the text from before. It will be done, yes, even if it is an attempt at it. I have some work to do for Ghosty_Square, then I should be able to bigin. I would love for you to help, and I have some others who have offered. I will post details soon. Until then, any suggestions are more than welcome. Please, also post side ideas. :)

I have created a rough shape of an orc it looks real funny. I might post a screenshot later. My guess is that i will make an outline of the sides, races, classes, and variations to decide units. Buildings will be tough, and new maps will need to be made. I suppose the Geidi Prime tile set could be Mordor and Isengaurd and the Caladan tileset the shire. I must think of how money will be made though. :-

guys, after seeing the first and second movies i always had this strange feeling who push me to play heroes III or heroes IV can u guys tell me why? ;) anyway i think there shud be an army for the grey magic guys or maybe the white version of him...