Kwisatz Haderach 3 - your suggestions here!

Edric O

For unit ideas with subhouse connections, what about a siege worm, like in the original movie (in the attack on the Emperor's Frigate), where the Fremen rider fires a sonic blast to strike ground targets, or even use against a base. A Chaos Leech would be devastating (imagine being leeched and having the infected vehicles kill each other and all repair vehicles off, helping spread the plague), but you need to incorporate a second gun onto the Leech model through the XBF. A Smuggler-Harkonnen Assassin that operates devastating hunterseekers (think very slow [spd<6] missiles without the trails) from cover (ie Stealth) and great distances (i.e. over a range of at least 30) against only infantry (using the Contaminator logic) with poison tips (Gassed=True). I have a revenge-equipped AdvCarryall, that when shot down explodes with a splat to damage the offending ground units, that I'm troubleshooting. How about a Flak gun that fires air-burst rounds. I haven't got around to implementing this, but give the bullet the damage column function, assign it with the aerialexplosion, and give it area effect, and voila, a neat little turret to break enemy air power, and punish ground units alike. What I would like to see is a tank or armor unit with, no kidding, a real lethal main gun and a machine gun. Tanks are supposed to be the kings of the battlefield, and not their cattle, penned in for slaughter. That requires a bit of XBF modding, but might be worthwhile, especially as a superunit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, this is our problem: We have put KH3 on hold for the time being simply because we don't know what new features to include in it. As it stands now, it looks more like a large patch than a whole new mod.

So far the new features include:

1. The 3 secret Landsraad units.

2. Tech buildings that you can capture to build new units or gain some other advantage. (these will be included on several new maps that we will make)

3. Improved AI behaviour settings for the units (especially Corrino ones)

4. Possibly an entirely new tileset, but we're not sure on this yet.

crazArra, KH3 stands for Kwisatz Haderach 3. Obviously, it is the sequel to Kwisatz Haderach 2. :) KH2 was indeed the most popular Emperor mod ever made - and back in the time when more people played Emperor.

He speaks! You realize this is your first post in DE for months now? ::)

(Inoculator's right, lets try to keep from getting back into this debate.)-Frodo

Fine with me, as long as you do one thing:

Weel, I was bored, so I did something landmark: A real, live, actual install program! Go here and click on "Corrino's Revenge.zip" to download it. It also comes with an uninstall program. I hope that will make it easier to install and play!

Note: If for some reason you want to see it, there's an old preview screenie there too which I can't seem to delete.

Note to moderators: Can you please replace the existing version with this one? Thanks.

Edric never did that. (Understandable, he DOES have a 56k connection.) Can you?

And I was trying to "get into this debate." I was merely stating a fact...I did say KH1 was most popular.

I'm looking for suggestions... otherwise we'll make this a patch for KH2 instead of an independent mod, because it just has too few new things to be considered that.

Oh, and by the way, Duke, see this topic. I posted just 5 days ago. ;) The fact is, I check DE all the time, but I hardly ever post...

Still waiting. *Cough cough* ::)

Weel, I was bored, so I did something landmark: A real, live, actual install program! Go here and click on "Corrino's Revenge.zip" to download it. It also comes with an uninstall program. I hope that will make it easier to install and play!

Note: If for some reason you want to see it, there's an old preview screenie there too which I can't seem to delete.

Note to moderators: Can you please replace the existing version with this one? Thanks.

Sorry to post it again, but I've made some improvements, and people really should have it.

So you made an install program. Great!

No, lol, I made some balance changes and stuff, too. :)

But, back on topic, I have a few suggestions:

1. Sards need to build faster. I don't think their build time has been lowered at all.

Find some voices for the Smuggler units. Mutes really annoy me.

2. The siege tank needs to do more damage, or have more HP, or something! It's a tad weak.

3. The Lion and plasma turrets appear to shoot flame...

4. The grey icons need that dark blue hue.

See? I can be productive. 8)

Good points! I'll add those to the list. :)

Except #1, though. The Sards are unchanged from the original Emperor, as they should be (except the Elite Sard's lack of AA, compensated by a smaller price). So why would they need shorter build times?