C&C Generals

Apollyon

mm ppl say generals uses same grafix engine as emperor.. maybe xbf's will work with th 2 :P

I don't know who these "many people" are, but the graphics in Generals will be WAY better than ANYTHING to date.

And WestWood says all the "rules" stuff will be included in one "Rules.ini" file, with over 200,000 lines of code! You will be even able to add new sides!

At least, that's what my friends at EA/P say...Well, friends of friends...

so instead of slightly modified renegades engine its a completely new engine with slightly modified elements of renegade ;D :P.

Anyway, heres a thought, if generals is as moddable as it sounds why dont we all band together to make the ultimate mod for it? There are bound to be many ppl outside of this forum who will make mods and we shall show them the might of the Dune Fans ;D :P

Yeah, Westwood says a lot of things... they said they would support Emperor, too. ::)

^Perhaps if some of you had actually BOUGHT the game instead of pirating it, they would have supported it better... ::)

Trust me, though, I get along very well with WW. Helps not to cuss them out in tech support e-mails. :P ::)

(You know who you are. *cough*Razorox*cough*)

Btw, Generals is gonna use a slightly modified C&C Renegade engine.

^No, it won't. It's going to use a totally new engine developed by EA/P, called Sage3D. Renagade engine? That's not even possible, I think. ::)

Generals will use the same file format for 3D models as Renegade (W3D). But Westwood still hasn't released the 3ds to W3D converter they would release for Renegade. So we still can't edit them.

I can tell you that Generals is moddable: but 200,000 lines of ini-like text is a bit too much :S

Editing without a program will become impossible I think (then again, the TibEd 1.x engine can't handle the Generals file formats... Incoming: TibEd 2.x, which was originally designed for Emperor... but I was slightly delayed :O).