Star Trek - Revisited

Lord J

Alright guys, you know the rules. No one-post battles, no planet-killer weapons, no unrealistic troop buildup.

There will be no Borg or Species 8472. If you're going to play an "unnofficial" species, that is, other than Klingon, Human, Romulan, Cardassian, Tholian, Ferengi or Vulcan, you may only start off with 1 planet.

Each of the affor-mentioned races start off with 3 planets.

Each race starts off with 5000 latnium (sp?) and obtains 500 latnium per week (Not per post. This will help guard against GM'ing) per planet.

There are three levels of ships: Frigate, Cruiser and Dreadnought.

Frigates cost 100 latnium to produce, each, and have a weapons rating of 3, a shield rating of 3, and a special rating of 1.

Cruisers cost 300 latnium to produce, each, and have a weapons rating of 9, a shield rating of 9, and a special rating of 3.

Dreadnoughts cost 1000 latnium to produce, each, and have a weapons rating of 20, a shield rating of 20, and a special rating of 6.

Weapons types are virtually the same, to keep from confusion.

"Specials ratings" include optional cloaking devices, boarding parties, shuttle-bays, mine layers, sensors, colony pods (Dreadnoughts only), extra weapons, extra shielding capabilities, even an extra movement capability, to shorten flights.

Each ship type must have a class name, to keep confusion down to a minimum.

Planetary defense and system defense cannons may be used, and there are 3 types of those as well:

Phaser/Disruptor Cannon, 100 latnium, 3 weapons.

Photon Cannon, 300 latnium, 9 weapons.

Super Cannons, 1000 latnium, 20 weapons.

Defensive cannons are, of course, stationary.

Ship movement is as follows: all ships require 1 week for movement between home systems. All ships require 3 weeks for movement between enemy/allied systems, unless ships have extra engines, which will shorten movement to a minimum of 2 days between enemy/allied systems.

Colonizing is possible when Dreadnoughts are equipped with colony pods and are sent to open space. If a planet is colonized, the Dreadnought is taken apart for spare parts. The colony pod takes up all 6 special ratings aboard a Dreadnought.

I will score all battles personally, to keep from confusion.

New Ruling on Alliances: No more than three races unified in public alliances for a maximum of 4 weeks.

New Rulings on Alliances and Race Representation:

Players may represent factions of a previously represented race. Most cultures are made up of differing cells, and one player may not be able to realistically represent an entire race.

The first player within a given race will have that race's homeworld, which gives an additional 700 latnium per week for the ruling faction.

While alliances outside racial barriers will only last 4 weeks at a time, alliances *within* races may last of to 8 weeks.

Have fun! ;D

[edit] Replaced "day(s)" with "week(s)" - Modified alliance rules. [/edit]

[edit] Added new alliance and racial rules. [/edit]

I visit this place at *least* once a day ;)

*shrugs* but if once a week would be better... So be it.

Alliances...Good point.

New Ruling on Alliances: No more than three races unified in public alliances for a maximum of 4 weeks.

I'll add that to my post. :)

Dang...I had a torrent of ideas earlier... Oh yeah!

New Rulings on Alliances and Race Representation:

Players may represent factions of a previously represented race. Most cultures are made up of differing cells, and one player may not be able to realistically represent an entire race.

The first player within a given race will have that race's homeworld, which gives an additional 700 latnium per week for the ruling faction.

While alliances outside racial barriers will only last 4 weeks at a time, alliances *within* races may last of to 8 weeks.

See you guys tomorrow! Maybe we'll get more players :)

No, the special points are like ports available on the specified ships.

Say the Klingons wanted a ship capable of sending boarding parties to an enemy ship for capturing, something Klingons have a tendancy of doing ;) , they could design a ship class, say a Frigate, and name it specifically, Heghtay Class, and use the special point assigned to Frigates as the boarding party.

Another example would be if a race such as the Romulans wanted a cloaking vessal. They could use the Frigate class, put a cloaking device in it, and voila! A stealth scout.

Each ship type has a compliment of special points, or ports, as listed above, and they may be used for any number of said things.

Cloaking devices, boarding parties, extra weapons, extra engines, colony modules, fighter-bays, minelayers, Tachyon sensors, extra shielding... And I'm open for other suggestions.