Wicca and Neo-peganism

TMA_1

well I have heard many people proclaim the religions that fall under the area of neo peganism as wonderful. Others think they are satanic and evil. All I know is, is that these cults can be at times extremely silly. Most of their beliefs are a hodge podge of old mythology mixed with new ideas. They also love to boost the place of women who feel insecure about themselves. They can become "goddess'". They are also filled with Mantic arts. Still though they are relatively harmless groups.

There are still though practices of actual witchcraft that is the real deal. It is extremely rare but does happen. Europe a lot more than america. Using fetishes, religious paraphenaila and books to practice "magick". This is the stuff that can be dangerous but not always, because it usually involves "destructive magick" or "force magick".

What do you guys think of this stuff? I think that the Wiccan practice its laughable. I mean if you are going to choose a religion, why choose something that is so phony? Its so made up and silly, and I do know practicioners and people who are Wiccans. They too agree that most of the rituals are refurbished ideas on old mythology. It just is kind of silly to me in my opinion. What do you guys think?

There are still though practices of actual witchcraft that is the real deal. It is extremely rare but does happen. Europe a lot more than america.

True, except for South America and Mexico. You ought to go there sometime around the Day of the Dead :)

Wicca is like any other mainstream religion. It hinges on "belief". I respect it, as a religion, and a money-maker (ever priced a Wiccan library? :D).

true true lord johnsonius.

Also edric, I beg to differ. The case studies on many mantic arts show that it does exist. The real stuff can be vary powerful. You yourself are a christian and should understand that there is power with satan. but to people who arent christians , they too can see that magick, not magic, is very real.

Magic and magick are two different things. Magick is the actual act of supernatural powers. Satan Does not do his work on earth but in the bible his minions do. Possession is talked about, where a demon indwells a human body, oppression of humans by demons is as well possible. Job was even inflicted with problems by demons for the testing by God. If you actually knew people who have seen with their own eyes, things that are impossible, you might actually see the power of demons. The bible says also that believers that are out of line can be handed over to satan and even to the point when they are killed in order to take them from their bad job of being a believer on earth. You can find that in phillipians. Also look at the anti christ who is demon possessed. He mimics the miracles of christ and people will worship him because of it during the tribulation times.

Wiccan people are the nicest people I've ever met. They are true to the earth, and if everybody was a Wicca the Earth would be a lot better (polution-wise). I think it's a great religion for the mind, and a soothing one. No devils to scare the kiddies in Wicca :D

you could say the same to many religions, the reason why it seems great is because the type of people influenced by wiccan beliefs are generally liberal, open, and at times even hedonistic. The people who join are usually already pro environment and so on. Wiccans just kinda boost those beliefs.

Wicca is harmless, just like their "magic". Apparently, some people still haven't realized that magic doesn't exist... ::)

Your wrong. it isn't harmless. The devil has power to do things to you know.

I think of demons like flys. The must have been about that size to be able to infect about 3 per pig in the bible in mark.

You should read this book.

http://www.chick.com/catalog/books/0179.asp

You can also get into some preety bad stuff with D&D Dealing with Demons.

What do you guys think of this stuff? I think that the Wiccan practice its laughable. I mean if you are going to choose a religion, why choose something that is so phony? Its so made up and silly, and I do know practicioners and people who are Wiccans. They too agree that most of the rituals are refurbished ideas on old mythology. It just is kind of silly to me in my opinion. What do you guys think?

And I supposse beliveing in the 'almighty' send his only son to save mankind from enternal suffering, or beliving that 'satan' has nothing better to do than lure humans to suffer eternaly in hell isn't. I mean they must have something better to do.

BTW IMO Wicca seems alright to me.

What do you mean work?

Don't tell me YOU believe in magic... ::)

And calling every bad thing that is or that happens the work of the devil seems childish to me.

Did I ever say that? Most bad things that happen in this world are the direct work of humans.

No, I just didn't know what you meant by work. And if you mean that magick doesn't work, well who knows. Some of it might happen, or if not it doesn't matter. If you are not a Wiccan, then you have NO right to judge it! (I wonder where that came from ;))

I think God wanted humanity to fall. Adam and Eve did not know what was right or wrong, good or evil (since they had not eaten from the tree of knowledge), so nothing stopped them except an old man in the sky yelling at them. And he allowed a snake to get into the garden...