Fiction Comments Go Here

Gobalopper

Oh, yeah, that would be fine. :) In Nationstates I roleplayed a nation that was more FT, but modern times will be a nice change. I'm a bit worried about how bureacratic it might turn, but then again, I can always have an autoritarian state. ;)

How would we sort out who owns what land?  Selecting real-life territories from a World Map?

We could see if Dante still has the maps from that fanfic that didn't get started in the end. Or I could try to make one. It would have to be a crude depiction. Nothing like Dante's.

Factions 2 has been gifted with an ending. Just so's everyone knows.

And while I can make maps if people want, and I do still have the old ones, I don't currently have the time to update them constantly. If you have a map, it would probably be best to divide it into certain areas and uses them as territories, rather than having constantly shifting borders.

Edit: And I don't know if anyone noticed, but I also updated the Archive.

Mm, very nice ending. I didn't get very deep into it, but I liked what I saw. :) I admit, though, that it would have been nice to see the Corrino sisters, well, destroy a bit more of everything, but like I said, I mostly skimmed over it, so I might have not seen some parts. :) But big round of applause to Dragoon Knight and Dante for finishing Factions after more than a year(!!) of no posts.

Dante - did you write the ending in one sitting, or did you write it slowly over some period of time?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can't say I would.  :- We just had Factions("just" ha, ha!), and I would like to participate in something more small scale. In fact, just before I saw this thread I remembered about an old, old fic where the idea was not to conquer and win, but merely to survive in a post-apocalyptic world, or something along those lines. No battles or anything, just survival in a strange land. I'd really like to take part in something like that. :) Or anything character oriented, really.

That would be fine. :) It would also be harder to become restricted by canon(which is one of my bigger qualms with a "Make Your Own House" RP) since FH really wrote quite little about day-to-day life on any planets other than Dune. Brian did describe it in House Harkonnen, but that was about Giedi Prime. So yeah, I'd take part in something like that. :)

Edit: Although I can nit-pick about the choice of SS, too. ;D I was just reading up a little bit on it, and the thing is, it seems quite improbable that anyone stranded on Salusa will have any chance of surviving.

Conditions on the planet are so severe that nearly half the inhabitants die before reaching adulthood, and it is infamously known as a "hell world".

If nearly half of the inhabitants die before reaching adulthood, and they're living in a community with others to support them, how is an off-worlder going to have even a snowball's chance in hell of surviving without support, etc. ? Of course, the plot can be tweaked to make the conditions of being stranded more accomodating(i.e., banned from leaving the planet, but not from living in the cities, or something like that), but still...