Fiction Comments Go Here

Gobalopper

My point was that all decent threads be kept, and not deleted or Dunegonised.  Let the new users be the judge of what it is they like best.  I, for one, went without ever reading TGED for a long time; it was just too long to keep my attention, back then.  Short Stories are just that; short.  They're a nice, bite-sized snippet of FED2k's talent, and if they're not there for newcomers to see, then how will they know to ask the authors for a copy?

*Notices Gob's post while previewing*

I'm glad to hear that.  I was wondering why older threads were still around if a system like that was in place.

The forum doesn't automatically delete anything...

You don't need to put posts in the Dungeon unless they are breaking the rules or contain one line pointless responses. If you don't want a particular thread to be posted in just lock it.

Didn't know either way, 'twas only a guess. Locking it serves little purpose as it would still be there to clutter, and un-stickying it wouldn't serve much purpose either as it would fall back and be another worthless back-trodding thread no one would ever post or see. This way is simple and directly referances the new ways which their use shall be implemented: Fan Fiction Comments, and seperate threads for stories (as no one posts these any more it shouldn't be a large issue).

My point was that all decent threads be kept, and not deleted or Dunegonised.  Let the new users be the judge of what it is they like best.  I, for one, went without ever reading TGED for a long time; it was just too long to keep my attention, back then.  Short Stories are just that; short.  They're a nice, bite-sized snippet of FED2k's talent, and if they're not there for newcomers to see, then how will they know to ask the authors for a copy?

And how will they see them back on page 11?

I'm pretty sure there is already a "List" thread, made by Dante, which could be used to remedy the whole sinking through the pages issue.  He's mentioned it to me several times, and made good use of it in FED2k Warlords ;D

The basic idea was to make a list of all major works of Fan Fiction, including topics like the Short Story Thread.  Maybe Dante would like to elaborate?

I'm pretty sure there is already a "List" thread, made by Dante, which could be used to remedy the whole sinking through the pages issue.  He's mentioned it to me several times, and made good use of it in FED2k Warlords ;D

The basic idea was to make a list of all major works of Fan Fiction, including topics like the Short Story Thread.  Maybe Dante would like to elaborate?

A list also on page 11.

A list also on page 11.

Yeah, like Dante said, the idea would be to have "The List" stickied.  Maybe give it a more descriptive name, but it would act as an index for newcomers to browse popular / successfult fics, and also provide existing members with an easy jump-to system, so they could check out their favourite old threads without having to look through the pages.

I don't see how having extra pages with the old topics clutters things. If you are worried about good threads getting lost then as mentioned a good idea would be to have one thread that links to old topics like is in place in the Emperor boards.

It makes a lot more sense then just deleting them entirely as that is pretty much what you are doing when they are moved to the Dungeon. There are only a handful of people that can see that board.

I don't see how having extra pages with the old topics clutters things. If you are worried about good threads getting lost then as mentioned a good idea would be to have one thread that links to old topics like is in place in the Emperor boards.

So that's why there are 6 threads stickied there. ;)

I'm not one to speak, as I havn't done anything about it (except for bringing it up that it should be more structured, in two/three threads instead of 6).

Off to the bars!

• 3 weeks later...

I remember Underwater War, a padawan in FF I was then. Now that I look back on it, I've realized just how much the posting quality has improved since then.

However, I'm feeling sluggish to write anything right now, and can't think of Underwater War as becoming very lively. For some reason I keep seeing the Yellow Submarine in dark blue, murky water.

Wierd.

So I as thinking of creating another Underwater war, at some point in the future. What's the response?

|Vote in the Archive!|

I'm in, The underwater war was one of my fav all time threads. While I never really got interested in factions, I would sure as hell post in a underwater war thread.

Is it that elders become sadistic, or that one must be a sadist to become an elder...?

Since my ah, 'hints' seem to have been a tad too subtle, I'll take this oppertunity to state plainly that I think the Archive should replace TGED as the stickied example of Fanfiction.

I agree with Dnate.That suggestion has merit to it. Instead of the Archive falling behind to page 2 or 3, and newcomers looking just at page 1 to see the active threads, it should be stickied so that newbies can find all of the great fanfiction threads without hassle.

Originally this was intended to go in the Ideas thread. Given that this is no longer possible, it'll just have to go here.

The 'secret project' isn't really a secret. The prospect of Warlords II has been discussed for some time now, and in fact I wrote the rules up some time ago. So here they are, for reviewing and constructional criticism. ;) I've done my best to remove the possibility of god-modding and infinate units. It should also be far less complicated than any of the previous versions. So here we have it. Rules for Warlords II, Mark III.

Units.

Units are not recruited in this thread as they were in the previous thread. Instead, one Basic warband is recruited in every home board thread per post. Each thread can only support a maximum number of units (this is to prevent the overpowering present in the last thread).

Units in Warlords 2 are grouped into

Looks nice.Sopisticated, but nice. I'll probably participate in this one. When does it start?

Update: So halts have to be called in order to restock supplies and reset the range,correct? Also, is there a map, or could you maybe describe the positions of the boards I.E. Duniverse is up north, General in the middle, etc.

Oh by the way, when this gets off I claim An Age of Chaos as my Home Thread.

At the moment there is no set date for beginning, though 'After Factions 2' is as good an indication as any. It also depends, as I said earler, on whether we think Fanfiction is ready or not. Warlords would require a lot of participants. Also, there is a map. I've posted it up before, but here it is again anyway. *Thinks* Maybe I should get it hosted somewhere...

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

I'm still having some problems thinking about that. Warbands with special abilities (the obvious examples being swimming and flight) would have a decided edge over land-based warbands. In this the new system is, I think, inferior to the old one in that it does not allow for individual units to be used (e.g. tunnellers). Hmm.

I think yes, all warbands will be land based. In order to travel via other means, such as water, a Travel tech would have to be researched.