six days or Restoration

For you on this site who are believers I wanted to talk about this. Many think that the earth and the universe was created in 6 days. Actually translations in the hebrew prove different. in Genesis 1:1 it says that "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." This can be translated in sorts, "In the beginning of time God created the Universe and the earth within it". During this time beings which we call angels were the sentient beings that roamed across the universe. They undoubtedly built civilizations and culture spread. After a time though the prime angel Lucifer fell. He wanted to seperate from God and make himself ruler over the universe in his own ways. one third of the angels followed with him and thus started the great angelic war. Earth was heavily scorched and its crust was destroyed. God then restored the earth and Universe in 6 days after this battle. The Fallen Angels retreated and regrouped. I will put verses from the bible for those of you who are believers. I also want to hear other opinions about this. See what you brothers and sisters think. :)

6 days are possible, if we accept Einstein's time relativity. On the very shore of universe mass it could be still the 7th day. But word "jom" means also undefinied "era", and is like it translated sometimes (i.e. Gen 14,1). Also, for God is one day like 1000 years and 1000 years as one day... - 2 Pet 3,7

Also Lucifer wasn't prime angel. Prime was always only God, archangels, his "generals", have no current leader. But other things are possible, I'll tell you when I die ;)

6 days are possible, if we accept Einstein's time relativity. On the very shore of universe mass it could be still the 7th day. But word "jom" means also undefinied "era", and is like it translated sometimes (i.e. Gen 14,1). Also, for God is one day like 1000 years and 1000 years as one day... - 2 Pet 3,7

Also Lucifer wasn't prime angel. Prime was always only God, archangels, his "generals", have no current leader. But other things are possible, I'll tell you when I die ;)

Well if you ask me when you read the bible and have to make a global description of god i would say that god is just another word for universe. God is everything and nothing. He is life and he is death. There was no brain behind everything that was created. It was just so. And because it is so we describe it as god. God is IMO not a person, he/she is everything. Evolution creation of the universe... everything. There was no brain behind it all... it's all a matter of changing.

So to sum it all up. God is not a person, not a thing it is just... the Beginning and the End which could also be said as. The Alpha and the Omega

But God had contacted us. He is an intelligent lifeform. Still existing. Between dimensions. This universe is His art. It has part of Him, not He is part of it. All logic says the universe, life and intelligence were made by something intelligent. In one book I've read this evolution logic is like "an atomic explosion moving particles to create an airplane". Nonsense, isn't it?

The first problem is that Lucifer is a Latin name for Venus as a morning star. How can Latin be in Hebrew manuscripts before there is an existence of Roman language? In the original Hebrew text, the 14 chapter of Isaiah is not about a fallen angel, but about a fallen Babylonian king, who during his lifetime had persecuted the children of Israel. There is no mention of Satan, either by name or reference.

Outside of this misinformation why could there not be a war nearly destorying the earth and the earth restored in 6 days after the damage is repaired. It just would not be in terms of knowledge that mankind could fathom.

lol wtf quondum??? just because Morning Star or Shining One is compareable to the name of Venus, or the other panthion God's names, that makes it from other religions? In two of the books of the prophets, its talking about God condemning the Shining One. It has nothing to do with babylonian influences. Plus one of the prophetic books is during the time before the assyrian invasion, a couple hundred years before babylon invaded.

wtf ?? lol TMA_1 you should have knowledge of this you read the Hebrew text like myself (or do you?). Isaiah 14, taken as a whole, is a parable, or prophecy of denunciation against the Kings of Babylon, specifically Tiglath-pileser III. In verse 12, the prophet characterizes the arrogance of Tiglath-pileser III as if the king had thought himself fit to appear in the sky as the morning star, but has fallen to earth, being brought low by the vengeance of the Lord against those who would exalt themselves and persecute the Lord's people (i.e., the Israelites). The name Lucifer was applied to Satan by St. Jerome. Jerome had mistranslated the Hebraic metaphor, "Day star, son of the Dawn," as "Lucifer," and over the centuries a metamorphosis took place. Lucifer the morning star became a disobedient angel, cast out of heaven to rule eternally in hell. Theologians, writers, and poets interwove the myth with the doctrine of the Fall, and in Christian tradition Lucifer is now the same as Satan, the Devil, and ironically the Prince of Darkness. Jerome was not in error because in Latin at the time, "lucifer" actually meant Venus as a morning star.

Actually in original wasn't never used word "Lucifer". He is called by many names, much of them are based on mythical creatures or philistine gods (Livjatan, Baal, Belzebub, Asmodej...). Isaiah 14,12 is about shine of Babylonian Empire, which has fallen for its trying to be equal to God. And it was like it, after some years in 537 came Kyros and "shiny star" has fallen.

Also some problems. It talks about the King of Tyre, which was a phonecian king a little north of israel. It is a symbolism between the king of tyre and lucifer the fallen angel. You sound like you got all this information from one source to fuel your debate on christians. Why dont you try reading for yourself quondam. It has nothing to do with the babylonian king because at this time the assyrians are the enemy of israel. And like I said this part was focused towards teh king of tyre who has nothing to do with babylon.

But God had contacted us. He is an intelligent lifeform. Still existing. Between dimensions. This universe is His art. It has part of Him, not He is part of it. All logic says the universe, life and intelligence were made by something intelligent. In one book I've read this evolution logic is like "an atomic explosion moving particles to create an airplane". Nonsense, isn't it?

well if he so called contacted us... why doesn't he contact us now to prove that he exists... till that time i think that religion is just a good story a la Dune

Why he should do it? Because you WANT it? What are YOU for Him? I.e. look for recently died mother Theresy. She was a sign of God's existence. Also, there was Mary's apparition in 1917. Isn't that enough? When you never been in Ulanbaatar, it doesn't mean it does not exist. Because it isn't sending prospects to lure tourism.

Mother Theresy did good work, but there is not a single sign of gods work there... there never is. Why does god not save the millions of people on this world that have so much trouble staying alive while he has such power?

1 reason.. he does not exist.. i think

If i'm wrong and i'm destined to burn in hell, so be it... then it is my mistake. But as far as i see right now. I do not see any reason to believe in him/her

Ah, you don't understand God's main characteristics, but that's no matter. You wan't a sign? I told you, apparition in 1917. Most recent, there were much more. But you know, "to believe" means "to accept a theory without verification". We don't need it. If you were studying christianity, you won't need it too.

"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." - John 20,29

Why dont you try reading for yourself quondam. It has nothing to do with the babylonian king because at this time the assyrians are the enemy of israel.

Why don't you read what I said again you numb-skull. Here I will post for you as you might trip over the words trying to read them. ;D :P

I said "Isaiah 14, taken as a whole, is a parable, or prophecy of denunciation against the Kings of Babylon, specifically Tiglath-pileser III. In verse 12, the prophet characterizes the arrogance of Tiglath-pileser III as if the king had thought himself fit to appear in the sky as the morning star, but has fallen to earth, being brought low by the vengeance of the Lord against those who would exalt themselves and persecute the Lord's people (i.e., the Israelites)." So you see you are wrong it has nothing to do with the Assyrian kingdom.

Mother Theresy did good work, but there is not a single sign of gods work there... there never is. Why does god not save the millions of people on this world that have so much trouble staying alive while he has such power?
Mother Teresa was horrible! She caused everybody who wanted to be "healed" by her to suffer horrible and painful deaths, not healing them at all but claiming to spiritually heal them. She set up her corporation using young girls and women forced by pressure from their parents to become nuns, and her rules for being nuns were rediculous - chastity, complete obedience to the church, and assume the role that the Pope had for women, often starving them.

For the dying she only helped the dying, and let the people who could have lived die with the excuse - "They would have seen God anyway!" With the dying, she did nothing to ease their pain, nothing to relieve them for anything, and let them die a horrible and painful death. She was content on saving their souls, not their bodies, and there is nothing to whether or not she really did save their soulds. Denying the usage of antibiotics, machinery, etc, to her "patients", or victims, when she had heart trouble she went to the finest heart doctor there! She was nothing but a hypocritical, immoral, sadistic, blinded fool. The myth of Teresa was spread by Malcolm Muggeridge, which was helped by Teresa herself.

http://website.lineone.net/~bajuu/index1.htm

http://www.sarahlawrence.org/Articles/MotherTeresa.html

Check the new topic if you want to reply to this.

Ah, you don't understand God's main characteristics, but that's no matter. You wan't a sign? I told you, apparition in 1917. Most recent, there were much more. But you know, "to believe" means "to accept a theory without verification". We don't need it. If you were studying christianity, you won't need it too.

"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." - John 20,29

sure, that's what the bible says.. but any mortal person could write something like that. And everything that is odd is directly hooked to god or the devil.

And so you believe in god, you believe in christianity... then what do you think of for instance... buddism. Is that just a mad story or how do you look upon that? You know. Religion has quite a few gaps

lol errr he was an assyrian king, geesh the numbness of brains is raising.lol Assyria was a completely different civilization from the chaldian empire of the neo-babylonians. good gravy you proved my point.lol oh and I had to modify this to bring up the name "skywalker".lol remember skywalker? hehe ;)

sure, that's what the bible says.. but any mortal person could write something like that. And everything that is odd is directly hooked to god or the devil.

And so you believe in god, you believe in christianity... then what do you think of for instance... buddism. Is that just a mad story or how do you look upon that? You know. Religion has quite a few gaps

Church does not negate buddhist way. We have some mutual points. What is the sense of life? Order in universe. This is same. Have you noticed our Pope's ecumenical tryings? We don't believe everything is made by God or devil. Most of that you see created human, with free will. Bible was written by mortal humans, but why they would write something like it without such thing as divine? It was written by many people in different times and places. And all are speaking about same. Why the jewish nation isn't chosen? How is then possible they survived nowadays as only ancient nation?

Church does not negate buddhist way. We have some mutual points. What is the sense of life? Order in universe. This is same. Have you noticed our Pope's ecumenical tryings? We don't believe everything is made by God or devil. Most of that you see created human, with free will. Bible was written by mortal humans, but why they would write something like it without such thing as divine? It was written by many people in different times and places. And all are speaking about same. Why the jewish nation isn't chosen? How is then possible they survived nowadays as only ancient nation?

That writing was so long ago, there is not realy any proof.... But let's say they did, so god exists and multiple people all over the world knew it... then why doesn't that happen anymore in modern times?

And ok you share some points with buddism, but not all... so tell me... on the points that you do not share. What's right? Christianity or Buddism?

If you said Christianity and someone else would say Buddism i think that there's a complication there... unless there's a different god in different countries... but i don't think that a god would think like that.. He does not see any borders. It's all of humanity or noone..

And why don't animals know anything about god? Nothing special ever happened to them.. If you ask me the animals know more of the truth than we do :)