Emprworm's Riddle #17: Mess of Tokens

emprworm

i have soooo many responses to that right now. but i'll be the stronger man and stop this from progressing. :P i'm so proud of myself. see, i also change colors when i'm proud of myself

*turns bright orange*

*triumphantly marches in circles until he marches himself right into a wall and falls*

and dj, *gasp :O * is that...spam? you can't spam. it is not allowed. especially for a landsraad. tsk tsk tsk.

this is spam [img height=135 width=135]http://www.spam.com/assets/hp/GoodGone3_animation.gif

I was trying to encourage empman to use laymen terms cause I couldnt quite figure out what this one was asking either but he didnt need to take it down to Four year old land like you asked... laymens is good enuff :P ^-^

[hide]Just so everyone knows I'm joking me and Rogue (spelled it right this time) do this from time to time... didnt want anyone think we were actually flaming each other ;)[/hide]

SOLUTION TO FED2k's MAGIC NUMBER

No winners on this one. :(

ANSWER:

[hide]

The solution to this riddle is simpler than you all realized. So simple, in fact, you will be kicking yourself by the time you are done reading this. The riddle states: 'The first integer which cannot be described in less than one hundred words is called FED2k's Magic Number'. It then asks you to provide a logical explanation of why this number cannot exist. Acriku came close, but not quite what I was looking for to give him credit. The reason it doesn't exist is because it sets up a paradox. If the first number that cannot be described in less than 100 words is called 'FED2k's Magic Number' then we just described it in 3 words. he he he. Pretty funny eh?

[/hide]

thanks to all who participated. good luck on the next one...

yeah, you spelled my name right b/c you didn't have it in red font. lol. and yeah, nobody take what either i, or djsid say seriously. i'm almost constantely talking in sarcasm and he just likes making cracks. lol. it's actually quite fun.

anyway we should really get out of emp's riddle thing here. i know people don't like spam in their topics. sorry emp :-

EMPRWORM'S RIDDLE #13

Hanging By A Rope

You awake to find yourself trapped inside a prison cell inside a castle tower, the result of someone's twisted game.

A note reads,

"The two ropes are each 10 meters in length. The metal bars on your window have been pried away. It is exactly 19.5 meters outside from the ground to your window. Your legs have been broken, I highly advise against any jumping. If you do not escape from your cell by tomorrow morning, you will be executed. muahahah"

You just dont like the sound of this. Inside your room are only 3 things: a wooden chair, a pocket knife sharp enough to cut rope, and a sink firmly welded to the wall. The two ropes are a bit less than an arms length apart, and they are both firmly tied to metal rings attached to the ceiling. Your legs are splinted and healing but very very sore. Doing any kind of jumping will risk very serious injury and cause unbearable pain. However, your upper body strength and climbing skills are top notch. You are wearing only a pair of shorts, so there are no 'clothes' to use in your escape. What can you do to get out of here, and minimize any risk to injure yourself further?

cell.jpg

Hmmm.

[hide]

First you'd search for any door or any other means of how they got in beisde the window. secret passege etc. If that din't show anything then.

I'm guessing you'd cut the chair into peices. Let the sink overflow the area climb up cut the rope off where its tied up. Right afterwards you'd fall. <Cut the cushen part off to make it take most of the heat of the fall and hurt your legs less> fall into the water face down. then See if you can get off any pipes of the sink. Don't turn it of <Run up there water bill Wayyy up for inprsioning you ;D>

Ok now you got a Rope two metal rings <i'l call them bolts for now> Not. use your knife to cut the chair into peices. the the metal rings to dig in to them. this screenshots shows where all you'd cut and what it might look like in the end. it would probbly be long enough then. if not then you might could cut your shorts <Ewww not cloths!> in half and tigh them around a pipe or two to make it a little longer. + a cushen pecked inside the part of the chair of the wood useing a knife to make it even longer!

If none of this works then see if theres any other windows on the castle if there is swing into them!

You could also cut the cushen into a rope like peice and cut off some of your hair and try and wrap it around the cushen. <if your a girl you probbly got lots of hair ;)>

Also look for any trees that you might could swing down to and grab a hold of with your hands. this would be a good short cut to the ground. just make sure its not a cactis ;D

also look for wide enough space to slimb the castle in the stone with your hands. there may or may not be.

[/hide]

I bet i got this one. I gotta admit i put a lota thought into it this one ;)

EDIT its BMP i don't feel like converting it to jpg right now and i g2g soon anyway. so i'l post it tommrow JPG maybe.

[offtopic] emprworm do u make this riddles by ur self? [/offtopic]

partially. they are bits of riddles i've known for years. I then put my own "spin" on them in order to prevent ppl from "googling" the answers. For this riddle, I took a premise from a riddle i heard 3 years ago, and I drew up the picture you see, and added some extra elements to the premise. SO its half-way original, but the answer is entirely invented by someone else.

[hide]First climb up one of the rope...then cut the other. I assume I would have 30cm less of the rope due to knot which was cut of, that means 9.5m of rope.

Then I would tie the rope to the chair. The seat of the chair seems to be of the same size of the window...I'll block up the window with it.

Then I'll overflow sink until I can touch the ceiling. As the window is blocked, this is possible. I'll then cut the other rope, then pull off the chair and let the water flow out.

Now I've got 2 rope. Tie them up, and I would have 19m of rope. Then I would tie one end of the rope to the chair and another end to the bars, then climb out. The rope length is shorter then 19.5m, but from the scale of the picture, the height of the chair should offset the shortened length...[/hide]

lets see..

[hide]take the chair tie it to one rope, climb the other rope and cut the rope with the chair but catch the rope before he fall, now get down and wet the chair using the sink, now climb the rope without the chair catch the rope with the chair with ur other hand and cut the rope without it, now ull go down till the chair go to the metal ring, then release the rope and the chair will fall, now tie the 2 ropes and get outa there :P [/hide]

no need to. yay iv got new answer!:

[hide]first, tie both the ropes in the bottom part of them. then climb one of the ropes, when u reach the top, cut the other rope and catch it before it fall down, now pass the cuted rope thru the metal ring tille the tie part reaches the ring, now cut the rope u use and get down using the rope that passed thru the loop and when u down, pull the rope till it falls down and then tie it to one of the broken metal bars on the window and climb down to earth! (lol, the chair and the sink is for u when u tired u go drink water and sit :P ::)) [/hide]

am i right plz tell me im right!