multi nick

Rin0c3rus

Ok if some one thinks that using more then one login in the qm ladder without playing yourself... is concidered cheating pleason post here and tell me why

Cause this multi nick thing is driving me crazy i dont see any reason why you couldn`t. Im not gone tell me brother to stop playing just cause im playing.

The only way i would concider cheating is if a guy with the same IP played himself. But if you do not then i dont see why it is cheating

The way I see things is that if one uses multiple nicks in the same month on QM, you either should say it is cheating, or it isn't. Any other way you're going to create rules within rules, which is going to make things complicated.

Other question would be, why would one want to use multiple nicks in QM within the same month ?

If you are using multiple nicks in the same month, then ur using those nicks to elevate other nicks by playing ppl with these (i.e u play with jack, get 6 losses, then u play with jim and win from the persons that won you when you were using jack) Ofcourse i understand that there r ppl who's brother or sister plays, but there is no way of proving that, since you both use the same ip. But ppl playing QM should use 1 nick per month, so there wont be points wasted to the same person. That's unfair.

Same goes for ppl playing BC for different clans.

I know for a fact that several members of SEUCHE play with different nicks in different clans in the same month.

Yet they were not removed from the winners list.

Just like you are playing as frostypig for PIG and for h3ll with the name pr0m3thuz. Because if ppl lose to both clans, they are losing points to the same person, who is in 2 different clans. Those are double points wich should have gone to only 1 clan.I dont have anything against ppl using multiple nicks in sb, but for the tournament systems ppl should only use 1 nick in a month's play.

Only that way the ladders can give some credibility to its purpose. LOL I mean, if u watch tournaments on television u dont see the same players come out for different teams, do you? ::)

Any judgement aside, I think Skumruler covered it really well. Your second nick can also take away from the points of others while you risk nothing with your first nick, which may be the one you have in the top ten. Like Nav, used to say, if he has 300 points and you have 20 points (with your second nick), he has nothing to gain and everything to lose.

But in the rules it only says if you use it to elevate your nicks...
No, it doesn't. The rules forbid more than one nick in any single tournament month. This is why:

Lets say you, mdkfrost, play a couple games vs me. I'm using two nicknames. acelethal, and cnadntank. acelthal has 1000 points on it. cnadntank has 0 points. Lets say you, mdkfrost, have 500 pointsI play you under acelethal and win. I get like 10 points, you lose the same. You ask for a rematch. I say, sure. But I come back under the name cnadntank. I win again. But cnadntank has 0 points, so you lose 64 and I gain 64, when in reality I should only get 8 or 9 and you should only lose 8 or 9. I mean, after all, you're playing the same guy, so shouldn't the points reflect that? You just got screwed out of 55 points.

That's why it's illegal. The very second you use more than one nick in a ranked game, every person you play after that, with any nick, you are screwing out of points.

Do you understand it now? I can explain it in more depth if you don't get it...

BUT - using a different nickname each month is 100% okay, and some players, including myself, have done this to avoid being ducked.

• 2 months later...

@doompower

hmm I read it. Ok I see... Mulitnicks are not allowed in tourament. But what about skumdoc and pointybum. It is one and the same player. Or me , niubee, in clan and na2sn2se5, without clan. This is correct or? You can have different login but it is not allowed to play in two clans in the same month or?

yep many have got 1st place using milti nicks(and ducking with main nick) and got away with it. Harkdawg comes to mind and zaeblovse.

I remember i had alrdy beat zaeblovse 1 month and i was still undefeated..but he started another nick alr79 and stopped playing with zaeblovse. After that he would only play me with zae while protecting his higher ranked nick alr79.

its cheating plain and simple