Who is Who in QM

Marcel71

well look at it this way. if people did know your nickname then what do you think would happen. you'd probably get ducked a lot and wouldn't be able to get more than 200 points within like three weeks. and it wouldn't matter where you were on the ladder b/c ppl would know you are good and are trying to get high on the ladder. that's just how i feel about it. you might have a diferent point of view but i said what i wanted to so now i'm done.

yeah i see, but either way ill (anyone) will get ducked.

If u always have the same nick people will know ur good and duck u, when people see ur high on the ladder they'll duck u, when people find out an elite players new nick they'll duck u.

Its just either way ull get ducked.

And i really, really dont understand people ducking i mean ok if this was a game with 500+ players i would understand. But if u have to wait 10 mins to get a game why would u wanna duck, u do wanna play the game afterall dont u.

I just cant understand it.

most of the more experienced players will not duck for the reason you specified. but the others who are seriously concerned about their points and have nothing better to do, like a certain person we all used to know, they would veyr likely duck. there are still quite a few people like that out there.

I think d3k still holds the record for most feared. Back when the game was fresh, he was ducked by 40 different people in one day. Towards the end of the month people see anyway, but in such a small community, big winning players become almost household names. Having privacy is very important to avoid being ducked in this game. Any experienced QMer (or clanner) will tell you that.

Well, as long nobody protests against multi nick cheaters as Rino alias mdk, i just keep posting who is who. >:(

It's up to yourself if u wanne read the tread or not.

(hmmm, i bet u are going to read the who is who tread anyway ::))

Why do people get ducked for ? If it's because they are better, isn't that a bit weird, due to the fact that you might learn from them ?

Exactly. I've always told people that, and some listen, but most are too attached to the insignificant number beside their name to realize that.

Marcel, why can't you respect people's right to privacy? If they are cheating, then identifying them is a good thing, but if they've done nothing wrong, why bother exposing them? So everyone can duck them?

There's no reason anyone should know if the player doesn't want them to know.

like i said, that's why people make a new name in the first place. and then if they try to make another name to avoid the duckers marcel over there will slap him/her with a cheating sticker. so then maybe he's just trying to point out more cheaters ;D ;)

damn qm is weak now, most the top qm players are lame. today i just play Lem0nz and he quit on me and wouldnt respond to me and then i play coconutz and i rush him... right after my rush whoops him he quits also.... how damn lame >:(

Let the wise Skumruler put his two cents in to this.. ;D

Marcel should not post who is who.

If they are multinicking, then, yes.

But changin names every month just to avoid beeing ducked I would consider completely legit since getting a game without doing so would be significantly harder, and after all we just want to play those qm's without waiting for it all damn day.

So as for the part where marcel exposes multinickers, he's doing a great job, but one person's privacy should be respected as long as there is no multinicking involved to elevate ranks and screwing other ppl out of points.

So now we got all this sorted out, let's shake hands and be good buddies eh ;D

damn qm is weak now, most the top qm players are lame. today i just play Lem0nz and he quit on me and wouldnt respond to me and then i play coconutz and i rush him... right after my rush whoops him he quits also.... how damn lame >:(

So ur finally back into playing qm's (well kinda).

Aint it lame how people still care some much about their rank and points for a dieing game. Im now just playing qm for fun.

I just like qm much more then skirmishes, a good example was a bc i had yesterday with pr0m4gnum.

This was without a doubt the lamest game ever, this dude is the biggest turtler if ever seen.

It was on sandy pass 30k and he was atr (stupid of me to begin this game but couldnt find a qm). I thought lets make this game and not rush him cuz he was a newb, but he immediatly dug himself in and didnt do anything but annoy me with his drones. There was nothing i could do, i couldnt attack i could just wait for him to attack which he never did.

I can always take a loss unless it was a lame game, or the person im playin is a pussy.

Its sad that the people playing qm care somemuch about rank and points while qm is just the most fun to play.

sorry to dissapoint you but i was talking about skirmish games :-[ i just still cant play ladder games for emp anymore :'(

ive been playing way toooo much skirmished, and im sick of 10k im no good at it. 10k stinks theres way less strategy, because if u play against certain houses you are *FORCED* to build certain buildings first. A good example would be if i was ordos and you were hark, im pretty much forced to build fac first cause if u rush your first 3 buzzsaws you win... how lame. Qm you can build an extra barracks first, a frem tent, a sard barr.

i kinda miss qm, but i guess im not really missing out on anything the ladder is horseshit.