Noah's children

Acriku

Sneezer, if you wan6t to see the sings you can always see them, there have always been wars and rumors of war.

not "Always". there have been for some time. but like i said. there are alot of other sighns of the rapture my falty memory can't seem to recall.

That's because viruses and bacteria mutate. It has been shown that all viruses and bacteria mutated from their ancient predeccesors. Some of those ancient bacteria still exist today - like the blue-green bacteria which is actually autotrophic.

Thats what i was geting at. :)

The myth of the Apocalypse is not too hard to understand. Like the Biblical flood symbolizes it in the Bible, it is clear that the oncoming Apocalypse is global thermonuclear war.

Like everyone knows, human beings are prone to evil and self-destruction. It's just logical that the second will happen in the near future, everyone just hopes that they won't live to see that day.

Acriku, your own blind interpritation of the bible will only lead you down to paths you choose to make. At least open minded sceptisism brings some sort of wisdom. I can tell from your posts that you arent searching for an answer, only asserting what you currently believe in.

Acriku, your own blind interpritation of the bible will only lead you down to paths you choose to make. At least open minded sceptisism brings some sort of wisdom. I can tell from your posts that you arent searching for an answer, only asserting what you currently believe in.

I agree. thats kind of what i was thinking.

EDIT this is most people that got there minds made up about something in general. it was the first thing i posted in this thread.

"Well. the thing i hate about debates is whatever people belive there one minded and don't wanna belive anything else EVEN IF THERE WRONG."

TMA, it may have been a mood I was in giving signals that I have chosen, but I was just playing the devil's advocate. I was wondering what creationists thought of such a subject, and somehow we would all learn from this. But if you don't want to add to discussion that appeals to the topic's name, then I can't help you. Remember, we are all searching - no matter how deep our certain beliefs go - for that one answer, the one answer upon which we shall guide our lives with. Doubt will remain sticking to your inner beliefs, whether you know it or not.

P.S. I have a really bad cold, so I may post angry posts, but keep in mind it's the cold talking. :)

back to the topic of the arc...

whether you agree with God's intentions in flooding the earth, or the Bible, there's still a lot of evidence that the flood/arc story is true...

example... cultures all over the world having a flood story (epic of gilgamesh, etc.)

With that argument, would it not be reasonable to suggest that there were local floods happening over a long time? People do exaggerate such things, especially now when something drastic happens people tell everybody else how awful or enormous it may have been. Or we could say that there were a few floods that were pretty big, and the story of such floods was passed down culture to culture generation to generation, until we get the variation of Noah. And if those cultures did speak of a great flood, wouldn't they have died with it, flooding the very word of such a flood from the people? If they speak of a flood, they couldn't possibly be here to tell it, unless God missed a few people.

With that argument, would it not be reasonable to suggest that there were local floods happening over a long time? People do exaggerate such things, especially now when something drastic happens people tell everybody else how awful or enormous it may have been. Or we could say that there were a few floods that were pretty big, and the story of such floods was passed down culture to culture generation to generation, until we get the variation of Noah. And if those cultures did speak of a great flood, wouldn't they have died with it, flooding the very word of such a flood from the people? If they speak of a flood, they couldn't possibly be here to tell it, unless God missed a few people.

your right just look at 9/11

If this really is a question and not rhetorical, then I can't answer because no parables straight from Jesus come to mind, unless I am confused in some way? Or just misinformed...But a lot of parables are created (notice the word created) just to teach a lesson, so they can make up anything to do this, and we all know how wild the imagination can be.

If the cultures that have records of the flood were, in fact, cultures stemmed from the survivors of the flood, that would make sense. I have not heard of any of the flood stories being localized. It doesn't make sense that Native American, Incan and Babylonian cultures, Israel and others would all have the same story of a universal flood if it didn't happen. The devil, maybe (a universal bad guy), but not a flood... that doesn't seem like some deep niche of human psyche to me anyway.

check out this list of flood/arc stories:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/flood-myths.html

note the stories have both flood and arc elements

example:

Inca (Peru):

The water rose above the highest mountain in the world. All created things perished, except for a man and woman who floated in a box. When the flood subsided, the floating box was driven by the wind to Tiahuanacu, about 200 miles from Cuzco. [Gaster, p. 127]

So you are saying all these different cultures came from Noah and his family? That suggests rapid culture development, and rapid melanin changes to occur, but I am not knowledgeable as to the times of the cultures, in comparison with Noah's time. And couldn't stories have passed through cultures in a long course of time? Maybe? Surely there are other stories not just Noah's ark-variants that are seen in many cultures? It'd be neat to find those out.

Acriku, some have more faith than others on the bible. I hope you can back this all up with a time machine ;) anyways, From the biblical point of view, the flood did happen. Edric is just afraid of science and that somehow christianity is wrong. So he will twist and change everythi ng he needs to in order to keep his religion in sync (n'sync.lol sorry back to topic) with science. Though you dont believe in the flood acriku, that doesnt mean it hasent happened. You usually are very good with this stuff but man you are talking like those people (I wont name) that state their opinions as fact. Like you ARE right. Come on man come back! dont go into the light!lol be cool! lol

With that argument, would it not be reasonable to suggest that there were local floods happening over a long time?

What if all the cultures speak of the same flood. Follow me if you will. After the Great Flood only Noah and his family were around to repopulate the world. The flood story would have been passed down in the same language untill the tower of babbel when God confused the language of man. Now we have all these different flood stories, but they would still all be the same. right? Well what if this is so for a lot of human history? If our cultures speak of similar if not the same events could they really be the same ones only seperated by the language?

Indeed Dj, that may have happened. What I'm wondering now, is that when Noah and his family were on the arc, were there any collection of stories (adam and eve e.g.) brought with them, or were the stories kept alive through themselves, passed down verbally, and if the latter, can we trust what they passed down from being free of any changes?