Dune Legacy News

TonyD

version 0.37 is now available from my page

lots of bug fixes, and I beleive this version to be very stable

try out the single map option to play the map I made for it.

Look at the latest pages for later versions, the game is no longer updated on my web page.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I definately agree with you about the buttons, this is the difficult part because I'm not an artist and I need to come up with a consistant and usable theme. Anyway I will work on that in time don't worry.

I just completed the star port and have the atreides palace working too.

I need some ideas for what the saudukaur, fremen and mercanery palaces can do, and what their special units should be.

Ah yes, that will make things easier - thanks stefen. :)

It's a pity though cause i had a great idea for freemen. I was planning Fremens palace to be able summon a sandworm at a particular location on map. It would then go ahead and eat away there.

The saboteur now works as you suggested Vidiware - he will be seen if he goes within 2 cells of an enemy unit/structure,

I'll release a new version once I have the deathhand working which sould be within the next couple of days

New version should be up on my page in a few minutes.

Try it out, all palaces now work, except the ai dosent use them yet, also starport works, although ai again doesn't use it yet.

From now on there isn't much left to do - a bit of polishing, finishing networking, doing a good ai, and I'll be almost finished

Agreed, don't worry - I'll fix those buttons. Those buttons have been made so that it is actually very easy to modify them - position size, colour, graphic etc. So when I do actually get around to fixing them, it shouldn't take me too long at all.

Its there now.

BTW: custom made maps will not work with new versions, and may unfortunatley crash it, so make sure old map.dlm file is not in directory.

Something else: Can you manage it to make the menu-borders not changing color plz?

What do you mean?, it stays completely black for me if I think I know what your talking about.

I'm very glad there are more people interested in this project, makes it more worthwhile you see. :D

BTW, there are a lot more changes then mentioned in the reamde file, I've just forgotton all of them.

Something else: Can you manage it to make the menu-borders not changing color plz?

What do you mean?, it stays completely black for me if I think I know what your talking about.

Er..let my try to explain:

There are spins, cordels they are blue/gold(Atreides) red/gold(Harkonnen) green/gold(ordos). In the game the cordels change the colors to red/gold if nothing is selected by every house...

thanks, do you insert the graphics in your next version (the windtraps have to be corrected ;) )

six or seven times! I think the speed is just right, but I'll have a go at an ingame menu now which will have a speed option

Basically it build stuff about instantly then after 30 seconds of gameplay a HUGE computer army arrives and kills me.

Tony, does your computer AI have unlimited funds? I had to add a cheat to mine because the spice flow was rather slow on AI's. They will never have less then 500 credits. So this makes them still build simple tanks, but they really need some spice if they want to build bigger stuff (siege,sonic, devastator, deviator etc).

Tony, does your computer AI have unlimited funds? I had to add a cheat to mine because the spice flow was rather slow on AI's. They will never have less then 500 credits. So this makes them still build simple tanks, but they really need some spice if they want to build bigger stuff (siege,sonic, devastator, deviator etc).

That is a cool idea by the way 8)