Website Updated (at last)

emprworm

My last and final update is complete. Please let me know of any bugs. Though I wont be doing any more updates or adding any more material, I will fix obvious bugs, so let me know if you see any- especially the exam section. I didnt really test it a whole lot. Hopefully it will not bug out or anything and actually give you an exam, score, and reveiw (lots of ASP coding in that sucker!) Ok, well, I took everything I know about this game and put it up on my strategy site. I hope that it serves someone well. I had a fun time with it. Thanks to ixianmace for debugging it for the last 2 weeks.

Make sure you all drop by!! And keep an eye out for Gob and Edric. U might see them in there somewhere. ;)

Its very graphic intensive so if you have a 56k modem...well...I'm sorry to hear that. :P

http://www.songwave.com/dune

Lol, i did the test A and this is my result:

YOUR RATING: Atreides Infantry (Newbie)

While you have some basic knowledge of this game, you still have a ways to go. I recommend that you continue to play single player until you can beat the Emperor Worm with all the houses before coming online. Keep it up!

This is the End of Exam. Want to review the results?

hehe, good that i am currently #1 Hark in qm ;D

My score: 734

(Test A)

YOUR RATING: Atreides Mongoose

You have some decent skills. Play against players that are better than you in order to refine your playing and become an even greater player.

Ok so it was probably biased because I helped emprworm with the tests and I took the test a few times before, but still. ;D

LOL bigerr lol 8)

The correct answer is D. Bulding a cheap 500 solaris gun turret would be more than adequate to remove this threat. Even though building a rocket turret would get the job DONE, it would take too much extra time and require an additional windtrap to power it.

LOL i pressed B be coz i tough that if i press C you wud tell me something like:

WRONG! gun turrets can only be build by harks!

you shud re type it and write this: Machine gun turret. gun turret is hark adv turret LOL :)

Beautiful job, Emprworm. Great site and fantastic work. You are all class. And as for the complements you gave me, I'm not worthy, really. Sure I offered some encouragement, but that's just because I saw great talent and wanted to see you show it to its fullest. I'd love to join you on Starwars Galaxies, but I just don't want to pay to play . . . not yet, unless the PC game industry goes that way, and then I'd probably just play my kids' Xbox. LOL. Before you call it quits for Emperor, make sure I have your e-mail and you have mine. Later, bud.

Sorry to gush like a school girl, but DAMN, that financial tip is AWESOME, Emprworm. Although I've been playing the game off and on since it first came out, I have only begun to realize the principles you discuss in that tip within the last two months. And I figured out the cancel trick only very recently. But I never perfected the principle. I still have long games where my money is at 50K, and I'm thinking, WTF, why do I have so much money when I could have had more stuff? That tip alone was worth its weight in spice.

YOUR RATING: Atreides Infantry (Newbie)

hehe, good that i am currently #1 Hark in qm

heh, i knew that this kind of thing was possible- much of the quesitons on the test are for all houses and are regarding LONG 4 PLAYER games where you have a teammate. QM is just 1 vs. 1. There is only 1 question on there I think that is 1 vs. 1.

Also you have to really read the questions and look at any images that come with them. The higher level questions are very tricky! I did test them all to make sure the answers were right, but they are still darn tough.

How the test works:

there are 4 levels of questions. newbie, average, advanced, expert level.

You begin the quiz with 500 / 1000 points (it assumes you are average).

If you miss ONE SINGLE newbie question, you lose 100 points!! (very heavey penalty).

So when it asks you something like "What color is a fremen tent" and you miss it, you are going to lose a LOT of point. Conversely, if you answer a newbie question right, you only get like 20 points.

The exam will require that you answer 3 newbie questions right before you can move up to the next level.

If you miss 4 newbie questions in a row, you're done! (gives you a funny score too. lol)

At the other end of the spectrum are the lvl 4 questions. Worth 65 points each. If you miss one, you only lose 3 points.

However, If you miss so much as 1 single newbie question- you will never see a lvl 4 question. If you miss 2 average level questions, you will never see a level 4 question.

Anyway, thats kind of how it all works. Max score = 1000