Dune 2 clone - 1024x768 shot in-game editor + sand hills + new RMG

stefanhendriks

> You can see the smoothing of the hills is done correctly, but Dune 2 does not have any tiles which will make sandy hills connect to spicy hills (and vice versa).

Then make sure sand and space are not 'connected'.

BTW, the app looks nice. Is it resolution independent or does it work on 1024x768 only?

you are right, i have added mountains aswell and they also cannot be connected to sand directly (there has to be a normal rock tile between for correct smoothing).

I will add these checks shortly, for now i don't really care yet. I also have a lot of school stuff waiting for me which really should get done asap.

The app is in-game, so, its the same program. Basicly the Dune 2 clone can run in 512x384, 640x400, 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, all 16bpp. Whenever you run the game in 1024x768, the editor will be aswell.

Don't worry, it wont take to long before any beta release will be made. I want to open the project on the Allegro community site so i can update it easily there for the Allegro.cc website. There you'll be able to download it and i will notify everyone about that here.

When a full version is ready, i bet i can get it hosted up here ;)

WOW!

man... i mean WOW!

that's some hard work on the clone....

well, it must be demanding A LOT !

if there is anything we, in the community can do to help, plz post a messy `bout it

that's really great... and in my opinion it looks better than any dune fan product (dune 2000, emperor etc.) i have ever seen !!!!!

;D

thanks. I suggest you take a look at Dune Legacy if you didn't, its a very nice clone!

Yes, its very demanding. I want to match the Dune 2 things as much as possible. Like animation (flags, animating refinery, animating units, etc). Also get the Dune 2 feeling is hard, because it aint Dune 2 at all and there are some improvements. I like it how its going now , i might have Carryalls working soon (if i ever fix my darn angle bug) and working. When they work, i will post a screenshot again.