War or Peace on Friday?

I doubt that Vigil. The US wasn't putting all it could into the war, and Canada was still barely in the war, a few hundred were in the D-Day invasion, and not to mention the Allies getting more countries to ally and it would just be an extended war. But if a lot of things didn't happen the way it did, the same effect or worse would have happened.

Oh, don't doubt it. By the time US would have gotten into war, the Axis would have controlled all of Europe and then not even US could have defeated both Germany and Japan. Just think of it - Germany had the biggest and baddest miltary in the war - they fought war on two fronts, and took over most of Europe in several years.

What are you talking about, Canada? They couldn't have done anything - they didn't have a formidable army and still don't.

Russia has the biggest army I was told? Anyways, if it had been different who knows when the US would have gotten into the war, maybe earlier maybe later. But asking what if never gets you to the right answer, so let it sit among your ponderings instead of arguing about it :)

Possibilites, but only posibilities.

If the German Reich had never invaded the soviet union in operation barberosa. They could have spent more resourses pounding the crap out of britten, maybe invade sweeden.

But germany was already involved against Russia before they launched operation Barberosa, The soviet union invaded Finalnd in 1940? i think. German troops and suplies were there as well. Finland could have easily brought Russia into the war.

Well then there is italy. If the axis had held italy, Pushed the british out of the mediteranin, then the Italions could have had time to moderize there navy, military ect which could have been a major factor. Perhaps Spain would join the axis by then, Which would lead to the axis invasion of portugaul. And the ability to hit the axis mid atlantic shiping.

There would be no invasion of sicily, or invasion of italy, Italy would have remained in the war, and could become a major factor against the allies.

but thats just my nickel. :)