An open letter to Mr Gob

pointybum

Mr Gob,

You managed to ban a little harmless kid just for saying 'I know', and yet nav is still here saying quite unbelievable things below the belt on a daily basis.

It now comes across as you giving preferential treatment - if I read the forum contract to you it will remind you that offending minors will be removed - Navaros is a persistent offending minor using all his resources to upset and offend - his intent is so crystal clear.

It is a free planet Mr Gob, but only free til another is offended - if I said I want to fuck your mother and stick my knob in her hole' on a daily basis, would you wish me a good thrasing, at least in your mind?

This has gone on too far Mr Gob, you have got to start listening to the people that use these boards, and you also need to honour your contracts that protect yourselves as well as the individuals here - Nav is certainly attention seeking and this is clearly all he has in his life, but it is not up to him to offend who he likes, when he likes, and then still gets away with it.

The blocking feature is fine, but imagine standing in a crowded room and someone shouts something offensive to you, and the choice is either to ignore, or respond. It is extremely hard not to respond isnt it. So, in some respects its a useful function, but in reality, it doesnt work cos you are curious to know what was said in order to.... once again, defend oneself.

Ban nav Mr Gob, you know it is the correct thing to do - you have more than enough evidence, more than enough reasons, and more than enough clout to do something that will benefit the main contributors, and it would certainly make your day smoother, wouldnt it?

Gob can you please ban everyone who starts lynch mob threads about me? There are a lot of guys here who do very bad stuff but you don't see me going around starting lynch mob threads about them.

btw pointybum i have been here for eons longer than you and contributed infinitely more to the Emp community than you could ever hope for so if you have a prob with me then *you* leave

Let's use a little logic here, Nav. Every effect must have a cause. People start lynch mob threads about you. What is the cause? Identify it and remove it.

If you have contributed so much to the Emperor community, why do so many people hate you? Analyze yourself, Nav. A little introspection always helps.

Gob can you please ban everyone who starts lynch mob threads about me? There are a lot of guys here who do very bad stuff but you don't see me going around starting lynch mob threads about them.

btw pointybum i have been here for eons longer than you and contributed infinitely more to the Emp community than you could ever hope for so if you have a prob with me then *you* leave

i've been here eons longer than you nav and from what i've seen nav, pointy bum can try to get you banned but it wont happen. and pointy bum nav isn't the worst who ever was here. the worst person was the BARON_99 he had bout 3 fed2k accounts and pretended they were his friends nad much more stuff

i've been here eons longer than you nav and from what i've seen nav, pointy bum can try to get you banned but it wont happen. and pointy bum nav isn't the worst who ever was here. the worst person was the BARON_99 he had bout 3 fed2k accounts and pretended they were his friends nad much more stuff

sorry, had to quote you. can't see nav's posts ya know. nav, the reason you don't go starting a lynch mob is b/c you don't have enough friends left on this forum to call yourselves a mob.

In this post, I talk in the present. The present is now - Nav is the issue - today.

Whoever has been here before me, good luck to them, but it doesnt make them a master no more than a newbie. I am exercising a view that nav has been caught being defamatory on a daily basis - he has publicly apologised but hasnt said what for, and why.

I like to think the mods are acting in moderation to all posts, to protect dialogue from a wide age range, and to keep the standard of topics high.

This is not what we are seeing here - it appears that the banning of one individual for 'spamming' harmlessly and then compare this effort to Nav's posts.

Erm.. I hate to say it but it looks like there is preferential treatment offered here.

There has been objective discussion about Nav, in the Landsraad, representing you all to Gob. There has also been a poll there.

Nav has now been banned. BUT people flaming Nav, whether in his presence or absence, were just as much in the wrong as he was. It takes one to spam, which Naf didn't really. But it takes many more to have a flame war. So those who spammed threads in which he posted, be warned. Just because he has been banned does not put you in the right.

Maybe we were just defending ourselfs, well most of the times anyway. And gob just said he got banned because of the fact that he flamed emprworm AGain in his post about emperor built orders.

So it had nothing to do with the previous ban. But lets drop this. I hope gobalopper will delete all the threads about Navaros.So we can forget him as soon as possible.

Regards

once, long ago on the old forums, i engaged Nav in flame wars. everytime he lied about me, i called him on it- yelled and screamed, etc. It got nothing done, of course. now, on this forum i decided to completely ignore him and smiply IM Gob. A much wiser course of action. however, i did take the liberty to make a celebatory post in the general forum as a result of his banning. not a flaming post, though. overboard? perhaps, but after so much ignoring him, i needed a tiny little outlet. ;D

once, long ago on the old forums, i engaged Nav in flame wars. everytime he lied about me, i called him on it- yelled and screamed, etc. It got nothing done, of course. now, on this forum i decided to completely ignore him and smiply IM Gob. A much wiser course of action. however, i did take the liberty to make a celebatory post in the general forum as a result of his banning. not a flaming post, though. overboard? perhaps, but after so much ignoring him, i needed a tiny little outlet. ;D

Emp, I was inspired by your post on build orders - your website caught my (otherwise bad) attention span and was quite informative - you couldnt really knock it.

It was when Nav raised his ugly piled arse I started to question the moderators integrity at running a fair and balanced web-site. The banning of that young peep for chipping 'I know' was hardly annoying to any individual person, but compared with nav (as if you need telling), its a full on attack regardless of the relevancy.

Good for you with the bo's, keep em comin.