Dune Sci-fi channel version

mechadragon

Does anyone besides me fear that the new movie may make dune in to a joke? I am anxios to see it but I fear the worst will come of this. I also think that everything looks claustrophoibic, like a closed set with a painting in the background. Geez... I hope I am wrong. Does anyone agree with me on this? Does anyone disagree?

I see that I must be right as no one has posted to agree or disagree with me. =( The end is near. The new version will make us all long for the days of David Lynch's version... and Miami Vice... and Oingo Boingo... and everything that made the 80's cool... the glory days of Dune fanaticism, when the movie first came out... way back when...

I think that it will expose a large amount of new people to the dune universe. There has not been anything since the original movie that will be as well publicized (I am guessing that with a mini seiries this expensive, the guy that owns the network will pull out all the stops) and while for people like vecha who really enjoy the first movie it may seem like an insult to it, but for me (who didn't like the first movie; I am a purist, if it is not like the book, it is not dune) and those who have never seen the duniverse, this will be a great thing.

Oh, vecha if you go to www.soundamerica.com then themes then movies, you can find downloads of both the theme song of Dune and the intro. I thought you might like to know, if you don't already have them:)

The web site makes the mini-series look good--but they've left out my favorite character--Duncan Idaho. They've also left out Rabban. How can you have the movie without Rabban????? Beside the Baron, he's the chief bad guy. This disturbs me.

Maybe they haven't cast them yet--or they haven't put them on their site. Whatever the case...I hope they have Duncan!

I also hope this movie isn't as Dark as Lynch's one. I understand that Lynch was trying to present the pure EVIL of the Harkonnens. But, the first half was just to gross (in my opinion). I liked the second half better. The entire movie was cool in any case.

Well, that's just my opinion. I really shouldn't be talking, because i don't get the sci-fi channel--grrrrrrrrrrrr. When I get famous that'll change...

I guess I'll just get someone to record the series for me--(sigh)

• 3 weeks later...

I just played the trailer, and all I heard was music, I didn't see anything. Arn't trailers commercials? Or is it just supposed to play music? Or am i the only one with this problem?

I just clicked on it and it atomatically stared downloading. It didn't even give me the "Save this file to disk" option, just started to download. It didn't ask me what I wanted to down load it with.

yeah, i'm into all those "side-kicks" to Duke Leto (Duncan, Thurfir, Gurney)--but, without Duncan, Paul would have died half-way through the book (Duncan made himself a "door" between the Sardakaur and Paul and Jessica so they could escape and, sadly, dies doing it)

It would really whomp if they left out Duncan. He's my favorite character :(

Gurney and Thufir are in it. Since I had nothing better to do I sent a bunch of e-mails to different parts of sci-fi.com asking them this question:

Is the character Duncan Idaho going to be included in this miniseries? He has not been mentioned on the casting lists or in the gallery and he is a fairly influential character in the Dune chronicals.

I also asked that if they cannot answer it, if they could re-direct me to someone who can.

I will tell you guys if they reply.