Do aliens exist

pointybum

What help would an alien give?

If Afghanistan had their ways they'd use cranky wooden trebuchets to launch their so-called stinkbombs against the 'mechawarrior' clad american army.

It's definately 3 minos vs 1 assault tank when it comes to comparing ranks.

I think the aliens would sit in and watch this one. 8)

In England a group of scientist tied to find out how how humans would react to alien invaders (through means unknown).

These people obviously get out to much, any one who has seen a SciFi movie or played a game knows exactly what we would do - get the biggest gun availabe and blow them back to the infested pit they came from.

;D ;D

Why does everyone assume the alien has evil intentions? They can be followers of science, for example. For diplomatic relations, for another example.

And if we see an alien invasion, why the hell won't we get the biggest gun? Anything that threatens the existence of humanity, should be terminated with prejudice. That's the way of the world. The crybabies who don't go extinct.

They might be technologically superior, but they can still be peaceful. Or perhaps they might be technological because they didn't have the issues we had or the wars we had, and all they had to do for a millenia was advance to inter stellar travel. So they could be morally, socially, ethically, scientifically (excluding the required areas to know in order to work on interstellar travel), etc, inferior to us. We might be gods to them, but this is just a possibility. Anything can be, anything can happen.

That's utopistic. If we were not able to contact them without our technology, so if they come to Earth, they will be superior to us. And it's only a question of time, when they will enslave us.

Tell me, if Nasa was to discover a species similar to ours but less developed, would Nasa enslave them? LOL. No, of course not. Don't be so paranoid. Don't worry about. If they are friendly, great! If they are hostile, we're goners, so there's no sense in worrying about it.

well first of all, aliens if they existed for the sake of argument, actually existed. They would look nothing like us or have the same structure of body as us. They probably wouldnt even have intelligence. If they did though and we could communicate with them somehow, we would of course be nice to them but after time all imperfect things resort to evils.

Tell me, if Nasa was to discover a species similar to ours but less developed, would Nasa enslave them?

Yes.

Remember what happened to the native americans? That's what humans do to less advanced races. (even less advanced cultures of their own species!)

Edric please stop posting this "humans are evil and will do anything like they did in the past because we have no changed at all and I'm so puritanic that my eyes cry sin" it's annoying man. What does that add to the discussion? And how in the world would NASA enslave an alien race?

They would trap them in that weird glass thingy in outer space... ya know the one that they let Superman use that one time and it had those bad guys in it... kinda looked like the shileds from the Lynch movie too :P

Yesss! Down with NASA They are the ones that started the rumor of Bon Jovi having aids and the Moon made of cheese... One nite they abducted me... tried to make me think they were Aliens. They had Elvis and Andy Kaufman... well it could of been the same guy. Tupac Joan Rivers was there and the guys from SouthPark Matt & Trey. They did some weird test to me..... I had a strange dream about Scott Baio... and my friends say I have a Satellite stuck in my arse. :(

Edric please stop posting this "humans are evil and will do anything like they did in the past because we have no changed at all and I'm so puritanic that my eyes cry sin" it's annoying man. What does that add to the discussion? And how in the world would NASA enslave an alien race?

Who said assimilation is a sin? If we are created on God's picture, we are the highest in this Universe. So we have the RIGHT to enslave or assimilate any other creatures.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." - Gen 1,26

(mention that "earth" is written with lower case, so it doesn't depend on only one planet ;) )

I never said assimilation is a sin. I look down upon it unless it's vital to one's culture or life, but nowhere did I say it was a sin. I said Edric keeps posting that humans will always resort to evil and that was the common Puritanist view.

Who said assimilation is a sin? If we are created on God's picture, we are the highest in this Universe. So we have the RIGHT to enslave or assimilate any other creatures.

Are you out of your mind? We Fell out of Heaven. We are NOT entitled to ANY rights over ANYONE.

You are advocating genocide!! AND you want us to enslave innocent peaceful cultures, just like we did with the natives of America, Africa and Australia!

You are a pathetic excuse for a supposedly "moral" being.

Edric please stop posting this "humans are evil and will do anything like they did in the past because we have no changed at all and I'm so puritanic that my eyes cry sin" it's annoying man. What does that add to the discussion?

It adds MY OPINION to the discussion. And humans are evil. Humans will always resort to evil. We are inherently evil creatures, ever since the Fall. Just look around you! The evidence is overwhelming! We are the cause for all the evil in this world. And we are doing it to ourselves.