Cryo alive, yes, DG, surelly not...

AlteaDeo

Manisse posted in the french's DG board...

Yes, cryo is alive. Cryo is games like Versaille and such.

DG is cryo networks.

Yes Cryo interactive had been taken back, still, Cryo Networks had closed their doors on august 3th 2002. For now, nothing let us think that Cryo want to re-open Cryo Networks, as for Dg, as for the DG's team.

Still, Cryo (interactive) still got the lisence of Dune.

• 1 month later...

Apparently a lot of morons... ever heard of Xbox Live? or even Ultima Online? How bout Sega.net they had a following too. If the game is good enuff then I will concider pay to play. Like PSO for Xbox Live as long as its not outragious then I'm in like Flinn

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I'm not gonna pay for Earth and Beyond. THe beta was fun but Im not gonna pay that much for a single game online. Thats why I like Xboxlive you can play most multiplayer games on it... When I say most I mean cetin companies like EA wont go Xbox Live, guess that sucks for EA... another reason to boycott them ;)

• 3 months later...

I hate to say this, but...

What moron pays to play a game that they HAVE ALREADY HAD TO PAY FOR? :P Just seems like corporate greed to me.

my thoughts exactly. well, a condensed version. ;D to eternally pay for a game you have ALREADY purchased is nothing short of Extortion (note the CAPITAL "E")

(oops my bad, didn't notice how old this was til i posted. sorry bout that)

• 1 month later...

Actually, what we are paying is the server, the maintenance and the upgrades. This is the official story.

The sideline is that they are happy to get a a model permitting them to get money every month from you by renewing the offer (and demand) constantly :D

All of the above services , including the "popular" Sims Online are loosing money. (Mind you, this is by corporate accounting methods)

They spent to much money promoting thier wares only to have less than half the expected return.

Only two PayForPlay services have ever succeeded, Ultima Offline and EverCrap.

Xbox Live seems to be handling it right. Don't get me wrong but they have their share of complainers but so far it seems things are going great. The only thing I have to complain is the Hunters License for PSO sucks and I still don't know how much my next year of service is but I don't have to worry bout that till November.

I had Sega.net when it came out but I didn't have a dial up service at that time so I ended up coming out ahead on that deal when the closed. And got to play some killer games over the DC with ppl from every where.

I was more of a console gamer growing up. My dad never let me put games on his PC it wasn't till I got my own many years later that I got addicted to PC online games. I may be a sucker but DG was most likely getting my money plus what ever charge came along. I was really looking forward to it. I understand that you have to pay to keep the servers running in a continuous live environment so as long as its not way over pricey I'm down with it.

• 2 months later...