Why can't humans work together to achieve a common goal?

IxianMace

Telepathy would cause so many problems you couldn't list them in a lifetime. But paramount would be what if you walked up to the president of some huge country and thought "what a great ass", and he or she took offense. That is the one think I think about when telepathy is mentioned. It's a terryfying thought. All you telepathics will agree.

Correct. without War we would most probably be speaking German, or Russian.....I could go on forever!

How so? ???

Without war, if we had come to realize that we are all just humans, and if we could all just genuinely convince everyone else that our intentions are truly good towards them, then perhaps this world would be a better place to live in. Don't you think that if all the money spent on defence and war efforts was put into bettering the human race and the planet (i.e. helping to stop global warming, pollution of the environment, helping to build up third world countries from poverty), that we could have achieved so much more by now? Maybe we could even be exploring the depths of space on a large scale, and colonizing other planets, rather than wasting our time squabbling among ourselves. Why does history have to repeat itself and people just not learn from their past generations mistakes? I dread the thought that the human race will be locked in an eternal conflict with itself.

you don't get the point. Remember the technological advance of rome? If they didn't spread out and take control of the rest of the europian countries then Europe would never have evolved so quickly. Because of war, technology spreads

like what? the fighting or the debates? I personally find the fighting makes life a bit more exciting! ;D

Your still in the relatively peaceful side of the world. When the armed conflict really comes to you, you won't think what your saying now anymore.

you don't get the point. Remember the technological advance of rome? If they didn't spread out and take control of the rest of the europian countries then Europe would never have evolved so quickly. Because of war, technology spreads

That was the case 2000 years ago, but the world has now changed. Technology could still be spread without any armed conflicts. China having the technology to make atomic weapons is a very good example.

There is someone in this world called spy, called traitor.

You are proving my point exactly. Humans are unable to talk without fighting or arguing. Like I said before humans are too intelligent, too dangerous. you don't see the slugs or frogs at war because they don't have religious beliefs or racisim. For that reason there will always be war where there are humans.

"Work together to achieve a common goal"

Sounds like a slogan from communist times. What did communism badly? It was too fast. You can see how unificates Europe now, I hope this will happen in next centuries on other continents too. It is impossible to rewrite nationalistic (or "patriotic") minds of today's people in short time. But once will come it, and whole mankind will work for that "goal". They just have to discover, or better to understand it. Due to much of you are atheists, now you can't understand what goal it is. But do not think it will stop all wars. Human hates control of others and has very smart mind, so in future we'll see much heretics and rebels against world order, even more we see today. Just the culture will be more strong than now. Sometimes I think writing like this is a heresion for this godless time ;D