Dragon rider/ house wars

The_Sadukar

Count Gephart orders that his dragon be saddled up but just as he is doing so an aide comes with bad news.

"My leige, your brother was headed here on horse back when an Orcish raid attacked his party. His forces won (is this ok Sarduakar it's not a major batle, its a plot element and I can't let my brother die) but he was injured. He is in the Infermary now lord, recovering well. However the physicians say he will not last a long journey".

"Ok, see that he is well looked after in my absence, for I must leave the Emperor commands it". Sorrel replies.

Count Azmeth sat on the dragon, along with his personal guard.

"I hate flying. It's cold up here, and I get this weird feeling in my stomach when I look down."

"Be patient, my lord. We will arrive at the emperors castle very soon now."

The dragon flew over a hill, and in the distance a large castle became visible.

Later in the throne room, a servant proclamis the araviel of the two counts, the counts enter, and the emperor greets them "We are glad you could make it, we have a lot to discuss, but time is short so lets beign, 1st we've expricend problems of whitcs here in Hartland, they are whorshipping the gods of blood and carnage, extreme pleasure, never ending change, and corruption. we surggest thay we all redubel uor efforts to save these unfortunate souls by fire and sword. 2ond Katarina, our nobel beast, have told me that is breeding season for dragons, and we wonder are any of your dragons (I asumme they are both male) willing to be her mate this season? (dragon only coupul it the breeding season (once every 20 years)). 3ed in the intresset of bringing develoment to the more rual regions, we wonder I count Sorrel would let his younger brother stay here to learn about the new industries and factories. 4th I hear the good count Azmeth is looking for a husbund for his sister, so whit your premission count Azmeth we would like to propose to her (pernament allince). Tommorow lets go mutant hunting in Hartwald"

Imprial(my) Army: 6000 men-at-arms and 12 warturtels

Imprial gold stocks: 161.5723

Tax Income

form vassals: 2950

taxes from local popluation 70.000

bouns income: 5000

Hartland county (my personal county)

Pesants: 70.000

Castels: 3

Note: the many factories give an additonal income of 5000 gold.

Speaking quite coldly for one speaking to the Emporer Sorrel says:

"Sire, do you forget my nations love of the natural way of living? We canot have such methods of production within my home forests. However I support you in the other matters especily the purging of heretics. Also you have my permision to use my dragon (Azreal) for mating with yours.

Franz looks at Sorrel for a few seconds, then he says "I understand, but you must know that my only interrest is to help and protect my subjects, so if they want to live natural, then let them do so. And about you offer We and Katarian thank you"

The Reiksguard (the emperors guards) ran to the Emperor, and chaos ensured, but after a few minuts the emperor was back in control "Order" he shoutet and after a few simelar shouts the situaton was back to normal. The emperor was once again takling to the counts "What do you make of it" he said "I cannot see why Count Azer Haloran, should want to do this, oyu have never made any moves against him sire" Count Azmeth said "Unless, he is a follower of the cursed gods, and a patron of the dark arts" count Sorrel said.

Franz looked at Azmeth, then he said "This in most ceritenely good news, as for the imprudent ghostlander, We say that we should just snet a diplomat to his castle and ask him to explain this incident, but it wouldn't be wise to go hunting ghostlanders, in stead we say we should get a good nights sleep and then go hunting mutants first thing it the morning"

"I agree sire" count Sorrel says and a servant asks if he would like to be lead to his chambers. He agrees but first asks the Emporer if they have any more bussiness to discuss and apologises to him for speaking so forthright. He shakes hands with count Azmeth and kisses his sisters hand as he bids them fair well.

Franz turns to Azmeth and say "we are glad that you are loyal to us in person, form now on you sahl only pay 1/4 of you total income to me in taxes" "well thank you my leige" the count replys. The Franz kisses the counts sister (whats her name?) and walks to his chambers.

07.00 the next morning.

The Emperor Franz Hargendorf V had been up since 6 o'clock, doing his moring gym it his hunting gear. (medium armor) he called for a servant "we are going to take our morning bath, call for the counts, and make sure that the are ready for hunting, and also bring me my hunting bow" "yes milord"

the two counts was standing in the throne room when the emperor came back from his bath "ahh we see that you are ready whit both bows, swords and medium armor, well then let nothing delay us"

a few hours later the hunters were returning home, it hadn't been a good hunt only 50 dead mutants or so.

Suddenly a manticore landed on Katarina, the manticore was in a position to kill both the emperor, who is helplessly trapped in his saddel, and the dragon. what does the counts do?

First Sorrel fires an arrow whuch hits the Manticore in his left eye proving the marksmenship of his people. Next he jumps up and together with count Azmeth attack it with there swords.

(OCC you know all this is happening up in the sky, and hwo did the counts get free form their saddels, the rider is usaly strapped to his saddel, nevermind)

The manticore turns to the counts and jumps for Azmeth, it rips off the counts left hand (the price of loyalty) but before the manticore can do any more damege it's skillfully beheaded by count Sorrel.

Franz turns in the saddel and yells to Azmeth's dragon "Nobel beast come to you riders aid" the dragon (name?) picks up count Azmenth and and the other two hunters fly home on Katarina and Azreal.

Azmeth fully recover in 5 posts, by earthnuker that is,

Mmmm, by full I assume you mean without his hand?

Sister name: Melissa Katrina Azmeth

Dragon name: Oltoth

Later, count Azmeth looks at the stomp wrapped in bandage, what once was his left hand.

"Damn manticores" he thought.

But he didn't have time for grumbling. He was on his way to the emperors hall to prepare the wedding ceremony for him and Azmeths sister Melissa.

yup, and by the way it's spring in this fanfic now.

The emperor and count Azmeth had been talking for 20 minuts or so, when teh emperor said "If you arrange the wedding, we will pay for it, ask Kurt Helborg, the Reiksmarskal (The emperor's right hand) if you need any thing, we must be going"

while Count Azer Haloran is out hunting deers (from horseback) in a local forest, he rides into a clearing, where he sees an angel, amrd whit and emerald sword and armord in golden plate mail, slaugthering a group fleeing orcs menawhile the angel sings a vers for an old angelic warsong "Face me evil bastard, smell the hate of angels / Glory, pride and bloodshed /Cowards and beholders, rapers of my wisdom / mix of dust and bones / Go back to your abyss, Algalord will not fall / but your heads will soon roll

Test the blade of heroes, fury of the thunder / hit my golden shield", the count dismounts and sneakes closer, The angel turns and let the orcs fell "Ah, grettings good lord" says the angel in a frendly tone "would you do me a big favour, take this blade to the emperor, the shadow of teh cursed gods will soon falle upon this world, and if you weild this balde of heroes you will survive, but if the Franz Hagendorf weilds it at that time the world will be saved, but you might not, teh choice is yours, here is the blade"

The angel handles the count the blade and then he is gone

"Huh..."Grunts Haloran."Bloody pigs....Always making us do hard deicisions...Hmm...I think I shall keep it-for now.If that bloody bastard the emperor wants the blade,he won't get it unless I approve."Then he stalks off.

(OOC:ALL MINE! >:D >:D >:D >:D)