The meaning of life

Repoman

Constantine brought down the roman empire. Never promote christianity like he did. Not even if it is in a good way. You cant come to christ by the state mandating it. It is by faith that christ saved us through his grace and mercy. Often we try to help christ by our own works. We should let christ work through us as a conduit. Not forcing our own plans and ideas. I agree totally emprworm.

Emp, it boggles my mind that people can honestly believe in god. Come on guys, get a dose of reality.

At the same time i am in awe of the marketing talent of cristianity. If i could get my company to just have 0.0001 % of the market share of cristianity i'd be rich :).

Emp you are getting conned by the biggest fraud perpertrated on this earth.

The point i was making with the roman's was that if it wasn;t for them you would have your faith in something entirely different. It could be islam or hindi, who knows. Do you not see that you are being fooled.

Who wrote the bible, the answer humans. Not only that they were humans that didn't even know that the world was round. You are puting your faith in individuals who were just learning to read and write.

Your mission in life is to find the most genetically and environmentally successful female you can, and build your genetic dynasty. Then while you are alive, help your genetic dynasty to build their genetic dynasty. It is as simple as that. The only reason you are here to today is your mother and father rooted and their mothers and fathers rooted and so on.

We are entering into a new age where humans will be able to control their evolution and these are exciting times. It will be the genetically modified superior humans that will make huge breakthroughs. We live in exciting times, do yourselves a favour and embrace chance or be left in the past.

I bet you that if an alien arrived on earth tomorrow who was much more advanced that us telling us the true explanation on what we don't understand, you still would blindly follow cristianity. A show that i like on TV called Stargate has this concept alot. They meet civilisations that still believe in "gods" and no matter what the team tell them they steadfastly stick to what they believe in as this is all they have known all their lives. This is understandable but you guys do have access to information to the contrary which no offence makes you sound backward.

The difference for me would be if god turned up and said "Hey i am here", i would say "sorry mate, forgive me and i'll be good from now on, Amen". :) and start believing in God.

The point is that no matter what happens in the future, that core principal of helping your genetic legacy to grow will not change. Maybe our thoughts of why and how life came to exist but not that. I do sincerely hope that you all see the truth and not waste another moment praying or going to church. Spend that time with your kids, wife, girlfriend or if you dont have one go and chase one :)

The difference for me would be if god turned up and said "Hey i am here", i would say "sorry mate, forgive me and i'll be good from now on, Amen". :) and start believing in God.

well thats the problem when HE returns, it will be TO late... Believing in God, putting your faith in him without the proof the secular world wants/says is required is the wohle point of it...

You can say we are brain washed if you like but the argument is the same in reverse...

>:D Satan's >:D greatest trick was convincing the world that he doesnt exist... so it is you that have been brain washed...

That is a cool smiley

I wish i could have one shaking his head ::)

Once again you have fallen victim to religion's main weapon, fear. Look how scared you are of what might happen if you don't believe. :'(

By the way What about "god's" propensity to forgive :P

who says anyone is scared? i was not forced or scared into my beliefs... i havent falling to anyting except for my knees in prayer, it was faith that led me to believe. I had been on both sides of the spectrium... i've danced with the devil and looked God in the face... and i can tell the differance of living in the light and not... i know by my faith what the consequences are... you really have one way to look at it eternity... smoking or none? its up to you.

Who says anyone is scared

U did

well thats the problem when HE returns, it will be TO late...

Those lines were straight from the priest from sunday church this week weren't they ;D

... i've danced with the devil and looked God in the face... and i can tell the differance of living in the light and not

???

Hey man If you are going to have a debate don't just preach a sermen that you heard last week. Let me guess you donate to the church :( That is nice of you to do that because the church needs to spend another 10 million dollars on a small church when the world is completely free of poverty. ::) ::) ::)

Okay, Repoman, if you don't believe in God, then I don't think you see the difference of good or evil? How can you judge anyone without faith? So if you go outside your door and kill someone, then you did that for a reason. And if there are no reason, well, then you're mentally sick, right? From your perspective, love is just signals that the brain makes up, nothing more. If there is good and evil, and I mean spiritually good and evil, for instance, you hate someone soo much, that whatever you get or do, you can not get rid of your hate, then it's just something your brain just made up, no?

I believe in God. No one makes me go to church, and my faith doesn't change anything in my life. Maybe there is a destiny, I don't know, and I don't care so much about it. And what if the aliens had faith too? What if they believed God created more than one species? Sure, I hope that we make contact to another race before I die, but I wouldn't stop believeing in God for that.

And as someone before posted: If you absolutely don't believe in God, then, you could as well commit suicide, what does it matter? Everything you do is totally meaningless, right? You still going to die someday, so why wait for the inevitable?

@ Repoman

go back and read my post i never said anyone was scared. you brought it up you ::) you said

Look how scared you are of what might happen if you don't believe.
I never said anthing about being scared... dont put your words in my mouth.

and nope i dont go to church. just a believer.

Your mission in life is to find the most genetically and environmentally successful female you can, and build your genetic dynasty.

That is what all unintelligent animals do. If you act like an ordinary animal, don't expect me to treat you like an intelligent human being.

It will be the genetically modified superior humans that will make huge breakthroughs.

That's what Hitler said, too.

Dude, you have very bad assumptions of athiests. I am an athiest, yet I abide by the Kohlberg's theory of moral development to the last stage (formal stage) - without religion! Just because I don't have a book telling me what to do, doesn't mean I don't know what to do.

I will not kill myself just because there is nothing to live for. There IS something to live for - and that is giving myself to the love of my life and continue my line of heredity. It is when I have accomplished that, that I will be happy to die. But not necessarily looking for trains to run into.

Djcid Looking back i agree that you didn't say you were scared but looking back you did implie to me that i should be scared by saying it will be too late for me if "god" appears. :-[

"that is what unintelligent animals do", Here is one for you Edrico. What did your parents do??? Your dad found the best woman that he could and got her pregant unless you were an unwanted pregnacy. It is what you will do unless you have a accidental pregnacy.

By the way we are animals. Just more advanced versions of chimpanzees. 8)

20 years ago IVF was "wrong" in the majority of world opinion. Now it is a commonly accepted practice. Genetic manipulation is "wrong" in the majority of world opinion. In 20 years it too will be commonly accepted practice, If you can't see that you are being short sighted. ;)

I have a great hypothetical question which in 10 years won't be hypothetical but anyway here go's. Your wife and you are expecting and upon a blood test you find out that your child has Down Syndrome. You have two options, one to see the geneticist and get him to rectify the problem or decide against it as it is wrong in the eyes of god??? I hope for your childs sake that you see religion for it really is beofre you might have to make a decision like this. :(

There is no such thing as 100% proof but subjectively puting a statistical figure to the overwhelming evidence that they do have primarily genetic i would say they are about 95% close to having the proof.

On the creationist therorys, you don't even have .000001% of any type of proof just mountains of contradictions.

Genetics is a language and we are only just learning to speak it. Once we learn this language we will be able to create life you could not possibly imagine.

All the creationists here answer the question that i posted, that includes dude,emp,djcid and edico(evolutionist)

I am a creationist. Specifically, I am a Christian. i will answer the question from my theological views.

You have two options, one to see the geneticist and get him to rectify the problem or decide against it as it is wrong in the eyes of god???

I have the problem corrected. Its a no brainer. But let me help you come up with a better question:

You have two craniopagus conjoined twins. (see example picture here: http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/gif/twinsc11.jpg)

The doctors say there is a 50% chance that one of them will die during if you elect for surgery (since it is almost always the case that one twin is weaker than the other). There is 100% chance they will live if you do nothing.

I elect to seperate.

I do not see the problem here. You are trying to imply that being a creationist means that when a human is ill or suffering, you do not try to cure them if you have the means? Such a thing would be wanton neglect and exceedingly unchristian.

Now, Mr. Atheist/Agnostic (assuming you are one, so correct me if I'm wrong), let me ask you a question:

On what basis can you say 19th centure slavery was wrong, is wrong and always will be wrong? Or do you admit that as an atheist slavery could one day be right and good?

Upon what basis can you ascribe any more value to a human life than a brick, a slick of oil on a sidewalk, or a 90% bag of mostly salt water?

I am basically an athiest, and I don't appreciate you suggesting that they aren't ethical. Atheists aren't always totally beliefless. I actually like a lot of the buddhist practices. I like the practice of ahimsa (look it up, and I don't quite take it their extremes) but Im not buddhist. I like eastern religions, because of their respect for life in any form animals, humans, bugs. I pride myself of on a code of ethics similar to theirs. My dad is atheist too and he has a PhD in morals and ethics.

P.S. I might have misinterpreted your statement.

Yes, it did seem that way Empr as you asked with a preconception that athiests don't have a belief system to base anything on. I do - it's called Kohlberg's Moral Development theory. We develop morals as humans! Not as thiests or athiests!

well geez, i didnt know you were so reactional. Look at the original question asked to the christians:

You have two options, one to see the geneticist and get him to rectify the problem or decide against it as it is wrong in the eyes of god???

this is making presumptions, but guess what? I'm not so fragile that i get all offended. I just answer it, no big deal. If I hurt your feelings, I am sorry. I'll try to reword my questions to make them politically correct that way I dont offend anyones sensitive feelings.