The meaning of life

Repoman

I saw the discussion from a gaming thread that was locked and i felt compelled to start a new thread

Edric has almost hit the nail on the head

"We are ONE species. ONE people"

We are human, we are exactly the same apart from cosmetic differences. There is no difference between a caucasian, asian and black human apart from the environment that they have been brought up in.

DS_CL is right when he predicts

"The problem is, I think we will need another world war to wipe out a few of the governments and lower the population enough to scare humanity"

I am scared that many governments including my own(Australia) are making this inevitable. I hoped that maybe September 11 would be the scare that humanity needed but alas we are going to need something bigger like a nuke to truly focus humanity.

Bush is doing everything in his power to keep the status quo which is that America and Britan run this world. The UN is finally generating enough support to break this open. If Bush go's ahead and attacks Iraq unilaterally then "all hell would break loose" and we might just get that humanitarian disaster that we were talking about. Hopefully the governments don't take advantage of the situation by dividing the world even further as Bush has done when this humanitarian disaster occurs.

The problem with Democracy is that the people who decide how the country should be run is done by simple uneducated people. Unfortuantly the majority of people in the world are average. Wouldn't it be better to have the country run by the most intelligent and educated people.

Bush is the leader of America not because he is intelligent or extremely educated but because of a concept that dates back 1000's of years. The only reason he is the leader of America is he is George Bush Snr's Son. A perfect example of his unintelligence is that he still believes in religion despite all the evidence proving to the contrary. America is experiencing what it is like to be led by a unintelligent person.

The sooner we see people as humans rather than christians, muslims etc the better. This world needs to be focused on developing one world order that promotes the human race as best possible. We have 6 billion people which could be working for humanity.

What is humanity?? The question of life.... have anyone here worked it out yet?? ....

It is to do the best job possible on the education of your genectic downline.

Simple as that.

We are all immortal until our genectic downline dies out.

Laymans's terms

Be the best father and mother you can be

Looking forward to the responses

We humans have such a tendency to read things into things which are not there. From long ago, we've believd we're 'special' - something brilliant, designed by God r whatever else sprang to our mind, to comfort ourselves, and prove that there is a good reason for our actions. When we are just bags of excited chemicals. Nothing special at all. There isn't really a meaning to life, the whole concept defies all our (rational) knowledgeso far. Why on earth (or indeed elsewhere) would there be something that makes us special. We are merely fuctioning, as a product of our circumstances, through the millenia.

"America and Britan run this world"

Our power is onl to moderate the US's action, and even to do so drags us into the fray, on occasion.

"A perfect example of his unintelligence is that he still believes in religion despite all the evidence proving to the contrary"

Bad start. There are a lot of intelligent people who are yet religious.

Give a better example, by modifying your first post.

We do need a new movement... I'm working on it, but I need more time

"Wouldn't it be better to have the country run by the most intelligent and educated people"

Tht's not quite the problem. It's more that there is power that can be applied for, and, once gained, manipulated. Popularity contests are simply not an effective measure of who is capable of running a country.

A perfect example of his unintelligence is that he still believes in religion despite all the evidence proving to the contrary"

Bad start. There are a lot of intelligent people who are yet religious.

Despite being pagan, I must also object to that statement. In fact, you contradict yourself, because you use the word believe. Religious beliefs aren't based on any evidence.

Bush is a complete moron, but not because he is religious or an American, so let's get that straight.

Just a reminder to make sure this doesn't turn into a religion thread overnight...

The religion stuff was a bad example- Repoman, if you attack too many things at once, you will be attacked in return from all sides, without any help from those who agree wit you on some grounds, but not on others. Let's just stick to meanings of life, and purposes of things to ensure its fulfillment.

there is no such thing indisputable proof - for anything. And your claim was that religion is not based on evidence. You said nothing about "indisputable proof". And if your claim is now changed to " Religious beliefs aren't based indisputable proof" I respond with simply "nothing in science is based on indisputable proof"

Well, Apollyon, what makes you think believing in God means you cannot have any fun? Have you ever heard of Blaise Pascal's challenge? A philosopher who posed a unique argument for God. Might do you some good to think about it.

Wager of Blaise Pascal:

None of us KNOW whether God exists or not, and each one of us can either believe or disbelieve.

If God exists, and you believe (= bet that God exists), then you lose nothing, and gain everything.

If God does NOT exist, and you believe, then you lose nothing and gain nothing

If God does NOT exist, and you dis-believe, then you lose nothing and gain nothing.

If God DOES exist, and you dis-believe, then you gain nothing, and lose everything.

Therefore, I will believe.

Empr it is because we know how it works, that it works, and that it should work, is why we believe in it. We no nothing about God, or anything of how he works, or if he does at all, so that is a bad analogy. But for crying out loud no religion!

IMO the meaning of life is to live it. Your purpose is what you do in this world, which you will know afterhand. If you choose a purpose beforehand, it is a goal and not a purpose.

EDIT: So empr, you believe out of fear (of having everything to lose)? You fear something bad will happen to you if you do not believe? Then you have played into the beginning reasons of religion.

lol

yes i have heard of it.

I was not actually saying that at all (about bleving in god meaning no fun) u r just twisting my words.

and dont be so aggressive this isnt an argument its a... discussion.

I was merely using that as an example as i know that some ppl to worry about "doing things right in the eyes of god"

this is rapidly becoming to do with religion

plz stop and talk about the meaning of life

if your meaning of life involves god then say why it involves god, how and in what way

dont say stuff like its just God and if u dont bleve in it u suck kinda thing cos that sux (lol)