The meaning of life

Repoman

I think bringing up your children would be great fun and be the greatest time in your life. I would prefer to be at home with my family than hanging out with my mates. I am not saying that i would never hang out with my mates i am saying that the most enjoyable easily would be spending time with my family.

Unfortunately the marriage age has gone ridiculously high (the average, not the minimum allowable) and that adds up to a lot of time that you have to find something else to do with. Even if you are "average" then you'll have about 10 or so fertile years you'll spend childless, and it's important to find something else to do. And there are always a number of old bachelors and old maids who never are able to pair up. That leaves the sex, babies, and death formula stripped to just death... uhh, that bites. I'd say life should be spent finding fulfillment and making the world a better place for others to find fulfillment. Thanks to several cultural factors my ability to do this is limited, but am working on a couple writing projects and, perhaps, like Princess Irulan, will find solace in that since I will not have "heirs".

I find it quite paradoxical that a society that places such a high value on children and parenthood simultaneously discourages breeding.

Empr, are you saying the christians holding slaves were "less" of a christian than you?

i wouldnt say "less" of a christian, but i would absolutely say disobedient and committing sin.

There is nothing un-Christian about slavery. While racial bigotry is a sin, simply owning a slave or several slaves is perfectly within the rules. Paul wrote in Ephesians that masters are to treat their slaves well and slaves are to obey their masters. If slavery was wrong, he would have written against it.

Power is definitely less easily controled. But you hear some people say that behind every great man there's a woman. I'm sure that this has occured before, but not often. In Chapterhouse, the Honored Matres used sex to addict all the males around them, to form a military and a slave labor force. But I don't think this is a realistic scenario.