Emperor Vs Warcraft 3

Repoman

I have had emperor for 6 months now and recently purchased warcraft 3 about a month ago.

Warcraft 3 looks very impressive especially the screen shots. Beautiful detail and graphics make it visually the best RTS that i have seen.

Problem is the gameplay does not last. i have only had the game for a month and i have put it away and got emperor back out.

Problem is that Warcraft 3 tactics are relatively the same. Get 3 heroes up as soon as possible and get a mix of a army 90 food big. Get as mush experience as possible then hunt the other 3 heroes then smash the base. To sum up warcraft 3.

Sensational graphics average gameplay.

I have had games in emperor that have gone over 3 hours back and forth keeping me so close to the edge of the seat that i forget everything (2 hours late for work once, [thanks emp]).

If you have the ability to look at a product based upon its merits rather that the companies ability to market its product to you, it will be quite clear that the most important feature that distinguishes emperor to War 3 is gameplay. The only difference between the success of the two products is marketing and support. If you see through Westwood's incompetence in this area you will agree that emperor is the superior game overall.

Agreed on the point of graphics and gameplay for WC3. I think WC3 is something of a mix between WC2 and Emperor, or something. The "overall feeling" of the game just don't fit in, not on me. I think StarCraft is a better example of all-out-mindless-slaughtering-neverending (AOMSN) war. It just doesn't feel right, I mean, imagine about 600 years ago, orcs, humans, undead and elves having battles like insain, or imagine 1000 years into the future humans in -BIG- armours, slimy aliens and imortally (almost :P) protoss. Okay, yes, I know it's not real :). But still, bullets and bombs fits in war rather than swords and shield, if you look at the Craft series (no, I do not mean LotR).

flame me as much as you like it doesn't change the fact that warcraft3's gameplay doesn't have the longetivity that emperor has. Out debate me and i'll admit my past wrongs. As i said before War 3 summed up is;

Get 3 heroes, get them experienced, pick 90 food units worth of troops and go heroes hunting. The game comes down simply to 1 minute of micromanagement and the game is decided. The rest is just process. I am disappointed that War3 is another classic great graphics average gameplay game :-[

yeah starcraft was really good but it depends what style of strategy game you like

I like one with Strategy. ::) StarCraft, and, already, WarII are overwhelmed by those dumb "Big Game Hunters" maps. THAT is the big advantage to the CnC/Dune resource system; you share the same fields to harvest, an they are limited in resource amount.

whoohoo *dancing around* Scytale, you're the man! ;). And Duke Leto. I agree that the BGH maps are indeed a bit of a spoiler but you can ofcourse join games that use other maps ::). I mean in starcraft you have many games to choose. In E:bfd for instance you can only choose out of like 3-4 games?

And i think that even BGH maps are fun at times. They're quite relaxing if you don't want to play such a strategic game like on official blizzard maps

I have had emperor for 6 months now and recently purchased warcraft 3 about a month ago.

Warcraft 3 looks very impressive especially the screen shots. Beautiful detail and graphics make it visually the best RTS that i have seen.

Problem is the gameplay does not last. i have only had the game for a month and i have put it away and got emperor back out.

Problem is that Warcraft 3 tactics are relatively the same. Get 3 heroes up as soon as possible and get a mix of a army 90 food big. Get as mush experience as possible then hunt the other 3 heroes then smash the base. To sum up warcraft 3.

Sensational graphics average gameplay.

I have had games in emperor that have gone over 3 hours back and forth keeping me so close to the edge of the seat that i forget everything (2 hours late for work once, [thanks emp]).

If you have the ability to look at a product based upon its merits rather that the companies ability to market its product to you, it will be quite clear that the most important feature that distinguishes emperor to War 3 is gameplay. The only difference between the success of the two products is marketing and support. If you see through Westwood's incompetence in this area you will agree that emperor is the superior game overall.

Damn i had the exact same thing, i bought and i totally loved the campaignstory and the movies, then i went into multiplaying. Now i put i away and want to play emperor again ??? Could be becuz i suck but even when i sucked at emp i still wanted to keep playing it.