Fighting The Emperor

death angel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like to lure the emperors units out onto the sand. there are three big worms in that level and they somehow love to stay on the enemy's side of the map when I am playing. sards must tast better, who knows.

then when they have lost some key defensive units that would have prohibited me from total domination, i move in for the kill, i can usually take out both bases with three or four medium sized attack forces. 8)

that is very true, I like to know what other people use in situations, It helps alot, because whether I am better than the next player or not I always learn something. like a new combo, or way in which that the enemy will attack. once, I played against this guy who absolutely loved his turrets, I was forced to learn in a hurry cuz I had no idea way back then that a missile tanks range was one cubit longer than a turret's. I have played many, many people who use what seems like thousands of the same unit in an attack.

I guarantee that I am not the pefect fighter, But I am always learning, and someday, hopefully I will learn some perfect strat for any situation. ;)

amen brother, I do get so annoyed with some players that use the same attack over and over though. And then you play against the next guy, and he uses the same attack. I want to learn new things, but am prevented most of the time because of the lack of diversity in many players. I noticed that I Have Played many, many so called "experienced players" and they almost all use the same strat's some better than others, but I do get flustered sometimes, you probably know what I am talking about.

that is true. But i think that's the fault of Westwood games. Often one attack is easy to do and very effective usually. It's hard to beat it with another strategy. Some other games have this problem also but Westwood has the most :(

Microing can be an important factor to victory. Also try flanking. It is more effective than you might think.. it's hard to learn but i found out that it works very well in every game. (well in some better than in others)

yeah both of those strats are very effective, have you ever tried catching the attention of a worm on purpose to have it chase your trike all the way to your enemies base, since worms love the taste of missile and siege tanks much more than that of trikes, the trike is spared and the heavy vehicles of your opponent is eaten.

that is a fun one, but I also love my airstrikes. Taking out key buildings and units. I wish airstikes had more armor, cuz it only takes one shot from a missile tank to take out one of your three orni's.

artreides missile tanks shoot two missiles at a time, so I count it as one shot. rocket turrets are one of my main defences around my bases but I hardly ever use more than 4-5 of them, unlike some of these guys that place them in rows and rows, making a huge waste of time. I like mobility so I usually stick with vehicles.

artreides missile tanks shoot two missiles at a time,

Huh? This is Dune 2000 right? I'm positive that Atreides Missile Tanks are exactly the same as Harkonnen Missile Tanks in the way they work. They both fire one missile at a time. I've never heard of any Missile Tank firing two missiles at the same time. ???

• 1 month later...

euh.. i made that up ::) :P

well it's true i guess, if my strategy works, i'm quite pleased with myself, even though it might not work again in another game, for the moment it worked :)

everyone designs new strategies every new battle, no strategy is the same... you always adopt yourself to the current circumstances

(well there are exceptions, like one of my friends who is so lazy at thinking of a strategy that it is a horror to see his forces being butchered)

When I get bored(which rarely ever happens) I like sending some infantry (bouta hundred) outside the enemy base and see how long they last. Nother reason I send infantry- I like their piteous cries on getting crushed ;D (Ain't I quite the perfect little sadist?)

heh perhaps, but i got some guy who keeps asking me on MSN if i know some games where you can tortute people, cutting off limbs and stuff. :) if that's all he cares about, i don't think i should give him any of those games, cuz it will only turn out bad.

well, what can i say. You play Eric, a warrior armed with sword and shield and you walk around in caves and stuff. Fighting and killing cobolds, pigmen, ogre's and more. You can cut off every limb, and more blabla

You can grab heads, arms, legs and whatever comes off those bodies and use that to kill other enemies. (you can for instance grab a pigman arm, with an axe still attached to it and kill another pigmen with that)