What is your religion?

irrelevant earthnuker. Opulence is not about who enjoys it, it is about all the money going into the thing. 200 million dollars to make a single movie, all that money could have been redistributed for other things, yet it was all spent just so you could have 2 hours of temporal pleasure. This is pure unfettered luxury in its extreme form. No if's and's or but's. And only capitalism can produce this kind of thing.

irrelevant earthnuker. Opulence is not about who enjoys it, it is about all the money going into the thing. 200 million dollars to make a single movie, all that money could have been redistributed for other things, yet it was all spent just so you could have 2 hours of temporal pleasure. This is pure unfettered luxury in its extreme form. No if's and's or but's. And only capitalism can produce this kind of thing.

In that case every luxury is wrong- just think of all the money it took to develop television and the money to produce them.

However, I disagree with you that movies aren't different from yaughts. Spending 200 million on a single person is absolutely wrong- spending 200 million on several million people is IMO not wrong.

For me a movie is only 2 hours of entertainment, but millions of other people also enjoy 2 hours of entertainment, wich comes to millions of hours of entertainment.

Now if someone buys a 200 million dollar yaught (I know the price is ridiculous ;) ), the amount of entertainment doesn't compare to a movie. So a 200 million dollar yaught is a waste of money.

I can't believe in god. I want to make this completely clear, I WANT to believe in something, I want to know for certain what will happen, I want to be positive that one religion is better than the others, I want to know that there is some kind of eternal reward after all this effort other than slaving away for a government and then twiddling my metaphorical thumbs in a wooden box forever! I sometimes think that I'd be much happier with something to belive in, even if it wasn't religion, but so far I'm stuck with science. But science can't prove everything, give me something that can prove everything, from the existance of god to ghosts and ufos, then I'll try to belive.

But cynisism is so deep-rooted in me that I cannot belive without proof, which is rather annoying as "Without faith I am nothing" says god at some point. And I have no faith.

The other reason I cannot believe is fear, terror that I might pick the wrong one and find myself cringing in pain before Tartarus rather than feasting forever with dead heros. I'm cynical, and afraid, in those ways, I can't belive. Much as I'd like to.

(If I was in charge, religion would GO! It's started far too many wars, and if I get punished for it in some afterlife or another, at least I prevented human suffering by war. That should get me rewarded.)

Okay, for the sake of staying on-topic, I will reply to emprworm's long post (you know, the one I had no time to reply to yesterday) in the new Politics topic.

IF YOU WANT TO READ THE REST OF MY ARGUMENT WITH EMPRWORM, GO SEE THIS TOPIC

Ok, and Dust Scout, which part of "Thou shall not kill" don't you understand? Christianity is 100% against violence. Some idiots want to start wars in the name of God, but that's only an excuse. Religion is the excuse, not the cause.

If I started a war in YOUR name (even though you explicitely told me not to), would that be your fault?

(If I was in charge, religion would GO! It's started far too many wars, and if I get punished for it in some afterlife or another, at least I prevented human suffering by war. That should get me rewarded.)

But the most massive murderers ever to existed on this planet were atheists. I dont see how eliminating religion would eliminate wars or bloodshsed.

I repeat with great emphasis stop categorizing humans as if you are accusing the category! Most mass murderers were white. White people are the evilest devils ever to walk the earth and if I saw one I would kill him/her! Jesus, it's annoying!

You say it was the humans' fault for starting wars, not the religion, yet I'm reading posts saying "most mass murderers were athiest" as if it isn't the humans' fault but the lack of religion! Stop it! Hypocritical bastards all of you! Oh and me too!

I liked it when we studied Islam in history. Sure, Muslims fought each other for centuries. Then when the Crusaders come down and commit ruthless slaughter, everyone forgets Muslim atrocities against each other.

And America fought a civil war. Your point?

My point is that people always overlook Muslims killing each other. And yes America fought a civil war, and if you go to the deep south, you might think its still going on. (IE High School Football Team Names: The Rebels, Confederates, Stonewalls, etc.)

What I'm saying is members of religions have fought each other for centuries but aside from Christians killing Christians other groups are often overlooked as killing each other.

Ordos, puh-lease. Football names like that are respectable to our heritage in the south. I look towards the Confederate flag with respect for the men who died and for my heritage, not for the supposed reasons why they fought.

And we all killed eachother, what are you getting to? No one has overloooked them, if we had reason to bring them up we would.