The World Wide U.S. Catch-22

I got anal in the other thread for a reason. You were justifying the co-ercive and deceptive luring technices of Rick Mercer.

You've got the wrong thread. Go look at TMA's thread called "America". I didn't once mention Mercer in that thread. You offer me no alternative to refer to those from your country. You are offended by the word Yankee, so fine I'll stop using it. You are offended by the word American, because it technically means someone from the American continents. Let me ask this once more...what name do YOU want me to use for citizens of your country? Is that clear enough now?

BTW, about Mercer, have you actually seen his show? Sure it sounds bad on paper but he doesn't mock or put-down the ones that were on that segment. Plus it was a couple years ago that he did this. He was nominated for an award for his segment, and his response says something about his character; he declined his only nomination because (and I quote) "I made that special before the events of 9/11. Now is not the time to be poking fun at Americans" He left 22 minutes (name of show) to work on his other one, and was replaced by Colin Mochary (you might now him from Whose Line is it Anyway)

And maybe you didnt know the thing about Yanks, thats fine. But I'll tell you that calling people yanks is extremely derogatory. Maybe you didnt know that? How could I blame you. Yet how can you blame someone for not thinking there are no moose in Toronto? I wont insult you for not realizing that calling people in the US a "yank" is insulting.

You're the first [insert proper name for US resident here] I've ever heard say that. Nobody else I know ever found that offensive.

Ace, I have known for a long time you resent the United STates.

Again, what gave you this idea? I prefer living where I am now, but I like some things about the US much more than what we've got here. For example, your senate actually does something. Our senate is appointed by the Prime Minister and almost never actually does anything productive. Being appointed is often just a reward for loyal service to the P.M. and his/her party. Appointing = corrupting IMO. People are too biased for their own purposes for it to ever work effectively.

Anyway, overall, I like the US. They are more like us than any other country. I'd prefer living there than I would in the UK or anywhere else in Europe, or even the world for that matter (Save Australia when I retire ;D)

Well in the other thread you felt it necessary to tell me that the word American means somebody from one of the America Continents. Technically you are correct, and I knew what it meant anyway, but honestly, that's just being a smartass. I mean who actuctually uses it's technical form??? It's like the whole february/febuary thing. Most people spell it right but who actually says "FebRUary"?

The sooner that the world becomes a 100% english speaking the better. Languages hold humanity back. I am not saying that there is anything wrong with other languages, it is just that the world needs a common denominator and the best choice due to market share is english.

Watch out by the way Australia is going to take the world over any minute now :P

I pronounce the R. Wanna make something of it biatch?

All kidding aside, no one made english, it slowly evolved from a mixture of other older languages and we keep adding words to it still today. Ain't is a word! It is a conjunction of Am not only to be used after I, e.g. I ain't doing that. So don't say ain't isn't a word, yo.

It is not difficult at all lol. February. Wow that takes years of college english and years of practicing the word r with strange letters. Cmon man, it isn't hard, if you intentional say the r it becomes more useable in casual conversation. Just like I pronounce comfortable = com-fert-able. Not comft-able.

If we go to the US they have a popukation on what ? 300 mio and they all speak english, in Europe we are about the same amount but we all have different cultural backgrounds and language so we have to learn about each others to trade and have relations between the countries, you don't have that obsticle.

We dont have that dam obstical because we did it way in the past, America had people immigrating from every dam country in the world back in the Ellis Island days, and they learned english someway and we learned from each other etc.....