Sonic Tanks-How do you use them?

ethan

I usually only use Sonic Tanks in 2s or 3s at the most. I airlift them to trouble spots and use them to take out slow powerful units. The Sonic Tank's main weakness is its relatively slow speed, and light armour. It also noticeably decreases in speed when it takes damage. Therefore, I just drop them next to powerful units like Kobras or other Minos and then let them do their work. ;D I use a cheap unit like a Sandbike or a scout to draw enemy fire first (this is provided that the Kobras/Minos are standing still, and then drop the Sonic Tank in when the enemy units are reloading. Dropping Sonic Tanks in enemy spice fields can also be very effective at wearing down the enemy economy, since it only takes a few shots to destroy a harvester at close range. You'll rarely see me driving Sonic Tanks anywhere, unless the distance is really short or there is almost no chance of the Sonic Tank getting caught by enemy units.

that counts for YOUR units as wel

He means that the Sonic Tank can damage and destroy units that get in the way of the blast. Those units include your own units, and not just the enemy units.

ken124578, you don't really think i'm a newbie do you? I knew that factor before I've even started playing the game.

And what about that point of it? So what even it'll damage friendly units in front off it? Just have them in front.

I don`t use often the sonic tank he has so light amour but the sonic is very strong, but u can dropp him in enemys base, i hate it that it kill also your own units so u cannot use it in big groups like minos or kobras

I remember to a mission in the harkonnen campagne where u find some sonics about 10 lol they fire to my scout and destroyed their own tanks.

Earlier I used it for devensive it is in front and behind it a few minos and repair vehicle but normally i do not build starport

When you find an effective strategy in using the Sonics, trust me, they are extremely effecive compared to other anti-tank units.

If you build the Starport, you could sometime build discounted units !! I once got 6 minos and each cost $1000 !! But i also obce got 6 adv. carryall for $2300 each !! :'(

Does anyone know why does the price tag changes all the time?

When you find an effective strategy in using the Sonics, trust me, they are extremely effecive compared to other anti-tank units.

If you build the Starport, you could sometime build discounted units !! I once got 6 minos and each cost $1000 !! But i also obce got 6 adv. carryall for $2300 each !! :'(

Prices change due to the availabilty of the units ... ;D

check the rules text. the spacing guild has to deliver to the other guys too, so they have to change prices all the time.

Anna you have no clue how buggy and bad the pathfinding in Emp is LOL

Sonic Tanks *can't* be covered unless you spend 100% of your time Microing *only* your Sonic Tanks. If not, they will either die instantly, or kills YOUR OWN ARMY. No matter *how* many Sonics you have, if you spend 100% of your time Microing them your enemy will slaughter you. If you spend less than 100% of your time Microing Sonics, they will be a huge waste of your money and do you no good whatsoever.

As I said, Sonics suck.

Anna you have no clue how buggy and bad the pathfinding in Emp is LOL

Sonic Tanks *can't* be covered unless you spend 100% of your time Microing *only* your Sonic Tanks. If not, they will either die instantly, or kills YOUR OWN ARMY. No matter *how* many Sonics you have, if you spend 100% of your time Microing them your enemy will slaughter you. If you spend less than 100% of your time Microing Sonics, they will be a huge waste of your money and do you no good whatsoever.

As I said, Sonics suck.

Whats so special about Sonics, that its a unit which casn't be covered?

too bad your units wont survive that long with an sonic tank, trust me, they only kill your units and wont cause much damage against the enemy.

I know what anne lover is going to say "but sonic tanks have an good sonic blast which causes extreme damage" true BUT it has to REACH his target first, thats something you haven't learned yet.

Yes, and i've tried that many times, no matter how good you cover it, each Sonic would probably destroy no more than 1 or 2 units, because most player tends to target the Sonics first, and you could use this to your advantage, use the Sonics as bait instead of main assault unit. If your enemy does target your Sonics first, laugh at them after you've destroy all him main assault units.

whahahahaahahahahahahaha, boom dead sonic tank, boom dead anne army.

a. it doesn't take so long to kill an sonic tank.

b. it costs time to build an sonic tank and its too expensive to make 1 just to use it as bait.

c. if you have an army of sonic tanks THEN WHAT DOES YOUR OPPONENT HAVE??