KYA/Setara War: Rebirth

ordos45

She ran towards the Palace Command Center as fast as she could, the tendons straining in her legs. Tara finally came about the corner and into the Command Center.

With a wild eyed look and a tone as cold as the solar winds she said," Report Admiral, what is going on out there?"

"Um..." Admiral Killdeer stuttered.

"Admiral," she warned, her voice a stiletto poking into the primal fear of his soul.

"The revolting citizens that weren't slaughtered or killed are attempting to storm the Palace," said Admiral Killdeer, his voice shaking, with utter terror.

Tara's smile was slowly forming into a look of grim pleasure," Well then. Let's deal with them shall we?"

"We can't! I know you're young but," Admiral Killdeer began.

"Admiral," said Tara, this time her voice resounding off the walls of the Command Center with authority," Do not question me like that again."

"If you..."

This time her voice was a low hissing, sounding almost like a snake," I said not to question. Now, I'll show you why we need not worry!"

With that she went to a panel on the other side of the room and began to tap encrypted symbols in an order that no one had used before. Outside a groaning metal could be heard, and then the screaming began.

The last of the revolting citizens fell from the metal plates which they thought had been ground, onto the steel spears in the trap below. Once the bloody deed was done, the metal snapped into place and the holo technology once again made it appear as though it was normal ground.

Tara turned to the Admiral slowly," Now, will you ever question my judgment again?"

Admiral Killdeer had beads of sweat moving down his face in lines, and bit his lip slowly. The poor man looked as if he had never seen a slaughter before. Finally, in an almost imperceptible nod, he signalled that he understood.

"I'm happy you understand Admiral. Now, get back to the project, you need to start harvestting the spice melange."

He saluted quickly and left, presumably to stop by a bathroom after what he had just seen. He was weak stomached but he did his work well most of the time, this civil war though, it had been costly. For a moment she felt the sting of tears in her eyes, but blinked them back.

Finally she turned and walked through a holographic wall. Finally after an hour of walking through a torturous and treacherous route of chambers she reached her destination.

"How is Project Rebirth going," she asked, her usual attitude clearly subsided.

"It goes well," said someone in the darkness of the lab," but I fear it will not be ready for some time."

(OOC: Not even I know what Project Rebirth is yet, but let me put it this way, it definitly won't be finished before this reaches one hundred posts. I put it in there as a teaser.)

Duke Richard Jarith was worried sick, and the preeches of his mentat Kernas wasn't making him feel any better.

"These people will not tolerate our excuses and stories much longer." said Kernas. "Their hatred against any form of artificial intelligence will be our downfall unless something is done soon."

Richard was walking circles, while grumbling "yes, I know" or "you already told me that a thousend times!"

Kernas foresaw great trouble with the current course.

"Right now they only know we produce android soldiers- but they don't even now how we make them- plus, they don't know anything about...it yet. Should they find out..."

Richard had it. "If you're so smart, think of something."

Kernas drank some sapho, then began speaking.

"Considering the history and mentality of the people of house Jarith, it is highly unlikely we can fool them with propaganda- they are not quite so gullible.

However, several times in Jarith history we were attacked by other houses- in times of war, the Jarith put aside their doubts about their ruler and support him unconditionally- most of the time."

Richard sighed. "True, but we haven't even established contact with any outside faction yet- let alone get involved in any conflict."

"Perhaps that is the primary reason for this uproars. Primitive, unthinking humans need something to focus their anger on, their hostility. In this case, the androids are an ideal target.

However, should we be attacked by another faction, the androids would save the day- and teach the people the androids are fighting for us and are no threat."

Richard smiled. "But how do we set up a war with another faction just like that?"

Kernas' face turned grave. How could any nobleman be such an idiot- this duke couldn't do anything by himself, not even thinking.

"We could set up an attack and plant fake evidence. We could blame the enemy for it- with propaganda you can make people believe anything."

Right then a servant walked into the room.

"My lord, we've just received word that one of our recon pilots has discovered a solar system inhabitated by house Setera! Our first contact with others so far!"

Kernas looked at his lord with a grin on his face.

"I shall make a plan for that wich we just discussed, with your permission my lord."

Richard now began grinning too. "Yes, yes, go ahead."

Kernas walked out of the room, thinking: he is such an idiot.

"M'Lady," said Admiral Killdeer rushing into the room without a salute," We detected a ship from another faction on the outskirts of our system!"

Tara seemed lost in thought, sitting pensive upon her throne.

"M'Lady," ventured Killdeer, thinking she may not realize what he had just told her.

"I heard," snapped Tara, her voice a soft calm he had yet to hear from her before," I doubt anything good will come of this. How good is the planetary defense system?"

"The PDS is fully operational, with lasgun technology fully outfitted onto them. We also have illegal atomic missiles ready for launch on each of them. Though it is highly unlikely that any enemy ships could penetrate the No-Mines that litter the foldspace routes to our planet. They will not reach us until a while from now if they invade...and even if they do, we still have the non-holtzman effect shields from the war your Father was involved in."

"Good," said Tara with a wave of her hand.

Admiral Killdeer realized he was dismissed to plan the defenses and left with a quick salute.

Sharpie looked down apon his world from the palace balcany.

Nearly 2 billion KYA had died due to the disaster.

So many....

And the crew that had braught the cure. How horrible it must have been to them. To have the end of all there pain and horror sitting right infront of them, and unable to open it.

A large monument to them was being built in the capital city.

Sharpie looked down apon the report.

"Is this true?" Sharpie asked General O'Neil.

"Yes it is...Are spies have confirmed their use of stolen MAC cannon tec and Atomic weapons apon there PDS. They have also been reportily slaughtering there populece by the thousands. They are trying to uprise. There leader a..."Tara" has reportly been useing high amounts of biological weapons for these massacures.

"This is not good. This is what started the first war. We must show them that what we would not stand for 30 years ago. We will not stand for now. Increese ship production by 50%. Begin operation Barberosa.

"Yes sir!" O'Neil saluted and walked out.

"Sire,one of our No-Ship patrols have encountered a system with actual people on it!"Advar Richesse gasped.When Dune had been destroyed,the Ixians had been expelled to the deepest reaches of the galaxy,un-hearing for 30 years.....COuld this be true?"Commander,are you SURE that this is not some Tleilaxu plot?" "No,sir,as far as I can tell,nothing there is of Tleilaxu origin." "Alright,send 4 No-Ships to see if they are freindly or not.Arm them with 5 nukes,just in case they are attacked." "Yes,MiLord."Advar tapped his fore-head for some time,then started plans for orbital platforms....

(OOC: Let me get this straight. I never used Biological weapons on the civilians. They were trying to attempt an overthrow of my government, and were rampaging through the streets. And my PDS does NOT have MAC Tech. Btw, you all seem to forget all the mines set up to destroy unauthorized ships entering my system.)

(Who ever says intel has to be perfect? I surely never did.... Look at bushs big adventure...)

[hide]

Messege to Setera Goverment

Are sources have confirmed your slaughtering of civilan forces. Do not think that we will alow such massacures to go un punished. My father would not alow it Nor will I. Cease these censliss massacures or the KYA empire will interveine. Perhaps it may be a rebbelion or a coup. You will not be alowed to masasacure humans as such. Talk before action. If the KYA empire hears of any more massacures.

We will begin suplying arms shipments to the rebelions.

End messege

[/hide]

Ship yards begin apearing of Omega Prime. Ion cannon defensive satlites begin a 70% increese over the planet.

Kernas entered the dukes room.

"Sir, you should know I've devised a plan."

Richard turned his head to face that of his mentat.

"Let's hear it then."

"We will invite them to send a diplomatic delegacy to our Tersus Prime- since they never were involved in any conflict with house Jarith, they will agree. However, before the delegates set foot on the planet we will hijack their ship and execute the delegates. We will then stuff the ship with nuclear explosives and crash it on one of Tersus' provences- preferably Kaltis, since sentiment against us there is particulary strong."

Richard smiled.

"Then I'd have the support of my people if I were to attack house Setera."

"Exactly. I'll still have to work out strategies for assaulting their homeplanet, but we should focus on this moment."

"In that case, make the preparations."

An invitation is send to Setera prime to send a delegacy to the Jarith homeworld of Tersus Prime.

(OOC: I know about the no-mines in the Setera system, but house Jarith doesn't- yet anyway.)

[hide]

To: KYA Government

Re: Massacres

We have just finished putting down a coup, and are now at peace with ourselves again. Any attempt by the KYA military to intervene in our affairs will be met with diplomacy and if that does not work, force.

No civilized people wish for war.

[/hide]

House Setara declines the invite, not wanting to leave their home system yet, but transmits the coordinates to the KYA Homeworld so House Jareth may open negotiations with them.

Kya Colonies begin poping up all over the system.

the largest one so far is on tisuds a small moon of the 6th planet. Large amounts of resourses have been found there and mining has begain setting up defense positions around that moon.

Drafting was restablished in a effort to boost troop and civilan moral.

[hide]

To Setera Goverment

We will not interfere untill we deam it neccisary.

But surely the resaults of are last war still linger in your mind.

However we wish to begain trading and comerce between are empires.

End messege

[/hide]

Operation Barberosa at 41.3%

[hide]

To: KYA President Sharpie

Trade would be welcome, however, any ships with weapons aboard will automatically be destroyed by our mines, unarmed ships will be programmed into our mines to be let through unscaythed.

[/hide]

[hide]

To Setera High command

Trade would be a welcome aditiont to the KYA empire as we are still recovering from the death of two billon.

As to further good relations i propose a KYA embasy on Setera Prime, and a Setera embasy on Omega Prime.

It would be much easier to discuss interplanitary afairs than via this system.

End Messege

[/hide]

Operation barberos at 56.675%

[hide]

To: KYA Government

Agreed. We will sent an ambassador to you aboard a non No-Ship craft, and will clear your ambassador through our mines.

[/hide]

Tara looked to General Vreska, her self appointed Minister of Protocol, whom she despised greatly.

With a small yawn she said," General do you think you can have the Grand Ballroom of the Palace ready for a party? I need it ready for the KYA Ambassador's arrival."

The General nodded, and promptly left. She was increasingly growing more mad at that idiot.

20 miles away from base, 67 rebels dead at his hand, a now crimson covered one, the breeze rippled gently through the green valley, the plants blew in the breeze, back and forth, Johnson now looked down at his friend Hawk, dead to the blade of a rebel, Johnson wondered if he had anything left to live for, but he would do what Hawk instructed in his last moments of life as he clenched his chest and fell "Johnson, go on, accomplish the task and avenege me and Gunner, good bye old friend", his body fell dead right there. Wiping a tear away from his eyelids Johnson now departed.

Chapter II:

Johnson now sat in a red chair in a cement walled room, as the General couldn't believe he was the Avenger, the one that killed so many rebels, the conversation carried on ( Ex, you take over this part )

(OOC: I'm not online 24 hours, so I couldnt reply ::) )

The Ixian ships trigger the alert, and a message is sent to them.

You have entered orbit around our planet without our approval. Why are you here?

Since the Setera have yet to send a diplomatic vessel, the mentat Kernas decides to use one of their own vessels instead.

Half an hour later, the Kaltis provence is struck by an object that falls from the sky- a nuclear explosion results and exterminates all life in Kaltis. 15 minutes later duke Richard Jarith makes a speech on public channels.

My friends...

Today, we were attacked without any provocation or announcement. The attackers were the Setera, who abused our invitation for a diplomatic meeting to cause a slaughtering on innocent Jarith citizens.

In this moment of grief, we must be strong. We cannot allow this enemy to destroy our spirits and our liberty. We must put aside matters between ourselves and strike back!

We cannot allow this crime to go unpunished! The Setera shall pay for this abomination. Let me lead you, and I shall guide us to swift victory!

Advar Richesse closed his eyes.Seemingly the Jarith stole one of their No-Ships...and bombed their own people with them.But,he didn't quite have any solid information yet.It would be better to stay steady and calm when meeting other civilization that they had not seen since 30 years ago.

(OOC: Isn't that strange? I didn't send a diplomatic ship...hmm...so who's No Ship was crashed into your planet since I Never sent one.)

Admiral Killdeer approached cautiously, for Tara was in a type of mood which he called the 'stay the hell out of my way' mood," M'Lady, House Jareth crashed ONE OF THEIR OWN No Ships into their planet and are blaming us. Our spies also report they are breaking the Butlerian Jihad's rules on Cyborgs/Androids/Thinking Machines."

Tara nodded and with a grim look of determination said," Double all military production, activate the No-Mines to target and destroy any ship of Jareth origin, scramble our six No Ships for combat, and activate the PDS, as well as the non-holtzman effect shield my father created during the last great war."

Killdeer nodded that he understood and with a wave of her hand, Tara dismissed him.

[hide]

To: President Sharpie of the KYA

Moments ago I was informed of a terrorist action for which we are being blamed. House Jareth crashed one of their own No Ships, disguised as a Setara Diplomatic Cruiser, into their planet. They have declared war upon us.

We request an alliance against this horrifying threat. They have not only framed my House, but are also breaking the Butlerian Jihadby creating Androids. We must put aside our differeces to combat this threat. Please help us end this threat to the Universe.

[/hide]

Now we have the full story.The Janerth hijacked a Setaran vessel,and bombed their own people with it.And they started making androids.Adavr Richesse said to his mentat Oray Kaan, "They have gone to damn far by breaking the laws of the Butlerian Jihad.Withdraw all ships from their orbit,and send a diplomatic vessel to the Setaran's,saying we wish to assist them in their war against the Janirth.Double unit production."

========================================================

Mysteriously all units pull away from the Janirth planet.