Infantry "veterancy"

NeoDevilbane

A second question: If I were to make an infantry unit, CTRL-click it on another friendly infantry unit, kill it, and then maybe CTRL-click it to kill other infantry units, would it "level up" and thus allow me to return it to the barracks and allow me to train Level 2 infantry?

- Neo

your unit must be a lvl 3 chevron in order to inter the barraks and train.

ie if you have one lvl 3 chevron sniper, then you can send him into your barraks (the same way you do an engineer) and he will train all snipers as lvl 1 chevron. so in order to mass produce lvl 3 chevron snipers you will need to have three lvl 3 chevron snipers enter the barraks.

you arent wrong. in AI games its easy to get elite inf for harks against atr unless a sniper tries to pick them off (usually doesnt). you can have 10 light inf and 20 troopers and have the troopers go after vehicles (sand bike, mongoose, devastator, laser tank, sand bike, buzzsaw, assult tank) and light inf go after other inf. this levels them up pretty fast (esp. light inf)

A second question: If I were to make an infantry unit, CTRL-click it on another friendly infantry unit, kill it, and then maybe CTRL-click it to kill other infantry units, would it "level up" and thus allow me to return it to the barracks and allow me to train Level 2 infantry?

- Neo

Nope. All infantry get chevrons (rank stripes) only by killing enemy units. And yes, it's almost completely useless online. The one use for it I might see is maybe a NIAB defendind kindjal that got ranked up that's close to your barracks. I've never seen anybody use it online, nor have I.

i once had an engineer level 2 because it infiltrated 6 buildings!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

how did you get your engi back? mine never comes back after going inside an enemy building... now i had and hark engi lvl up by killing this guys ordos engis that he walked to my base...

:D Actually, my misinformed friends, while it isn't used a lot during online play where there is a lot of uncertainty and, dare I say, rather intense competition, a lot of LANS that I've been to have had players that upgrade Kindjal and move them to the barracks for beefed up forces.

read your manual... ::) or do most you have a warze copy ::)

i will quote for you incase you do... ;D

House Atreides Advantage

The Atreides reap the benefits of an extremely loyal and well-trained infantry. Third level vetrans can return to the Barracks and train all their comrades to the next level of veterancy before they enter the battlefield.

House Harkonnen Advantage

Harkonnen units are extremely tough, well armored, and used to harsh punishment. They operate at full capacity up to the point at which they are destroyed.

House Ordos Advantage

The Ordos have invested in advance regeneration technology for their units. It is far more efficient to allow units to self-repair than to build costly replacements.

becasue of atreides advantage they can send vet units in barraks to train... but that doesnt mean other houses/subs units will not level up... the other houses/subs will level up but their units have diff advanages

yeah rearly is it used online, the ending them back to train thingy... but i im doing a co-op or just playing the single player i might.... but in a big long online game it might be in their interest to train that way

This is a mad trick i thought of a couple of months ago and works only when there are 3 or 4 players playing against you

build 60 scouts easy enough to do

put in one spot

select them all and press o giving them to your teammate

put 3 snipers,kinjal or whatever there

now declare war on your team mate

wahlah lvl 3 troops :)