Ancient Races

Twin-Head

(OOC: Well...Uhh...Thanks, I guess ;) )

Ghroqmoore bellows in celebration, lifting his machette high in the air and calling out the ancient Orcish battle-cry.

"FOR STRONKHOLT!" he finishes, as he heads for the bar. Tommorow he will see about redeeming his coupon, but he has other plans for tonight.

Ztraag gasps and clutches the spike, barely hanging on to life.

Clearing his mind, a difficult task with all the pain, he manages to mutter a spell of anti-gravity before slumping into unconciousness.

His last thought, a prayer for Orcish constitution.

Meanwhile, in Dolicot, the Orcish citizens erect a Longhouse, and enquire about the purchase of more land.

Other than the Koblaks and a few Human sects, the Orcs are pretty much alone in Dolicot, and many Orcs are pleased to see thier presence grow.

Faction Status: Unsurpassed

Political Status: Neutral - High Alert

Infantry: 540War, 15Spy, 8Sor, 80HWar, 20Elite

Artillery: 115 Cannons

Heavy Forces: 8 Orcish Tanks

Resources: 33,000 Gold, 1,900 Crystal

1 Quest Point.

5 Spies at Encelon

Anti-Goblin Attack Force: 126War, 2Sor, 20HWar, 5Elite, 27Cannon, 1 Tank. Encelon.

Fingon and the Turtle Riders of Encelon

Stronkholt: 2 Townhalls, 140 longhouses, 4 Mines, 2 Barraks, 1 Blacksmythe, 1 Tower of Wizardry, 1 Faktrie, 14,000 residents.

Orhkland: 5 plots, 2 farms, 1 Townhall, 1 Longhouse, 100 residents.

(OOC: Exactly *what* does a quest point do?)

warlord Fingon invites all of the orcs of the expiditon force and the W.U.N.F soilders, and all civilians in Encelon, to a great feast at the central square. total cost 5000 gold

Encelon status

Units

Civilians: 242 growing by 15%

Soilders: 43 Guardians. 10 Bowmen

Infrastrucsture

110 residences

1 barrack

3 forge

1 tempel

Armory: 75 swords, 75 full plate armor and 20 bows.

Gold: 12114 + 492

Goldmine: 250

Tax: 242

Forces camped outside of Encelon

1 warturtal not ready for battle

(OOC:Whooo...Nice :) )

Walking into Megot's Magic Weapons, Ghroqmoore is surprised to see the shop run by a halfling, and a ferocious one, at that.

"Can I help ye, Orc?" asks the weaponsmaster.

Ghroqmoore then unviels the gift certificate, which Megot studies closely before nodding and walking around the counter.

"Here, have I a few weapons ye may be interested in." says the halfling, businesslike, "Here's ye Dragonmaw, a katana of most fearsome power. And here's the Elf-sword Sti-- ehh, no, you wouldn't be interested in that, now would you?" says the halfling, looking at Ghroqmoore as if it were the first time he noticed.

"Ehh, what about that one?" asks Ghroqmoore, pointing a most jagged and gleaming blade.

"Ahh, no, I'm afraid that one's out of the price range." says Megot, almost chuckling.

"Ah? How much 'out of my price range'?"

Grinning, Megot replies "50,000gp." earning a scowl from the Orc.

"Perhaps I can enchant a weapon already in your possesion." says Megot slowly, "Perhaps that machette there...For a low price."

Growling in a deep part of his throat, Ghroqmoore says, "For 3,000gp you ought make it a mighty, flaming sword, shooting magical missiles and summoning dragons!"

"Well..." begins Megot.

(OOC: Twin Head, will you please write whether Ztraag's spell was successful? And if he wakes from his coma? I don't mind (too much) losing him, but if it's not a must, then I don't want to give up.)

Farrel, still at Encelon, agrees to stay for the feast, while sending a scout back to Stronkholt with the latest status report.

Faction Status: Unsurpassed

Political Status: Neutral - High Alert

Infantry: 560War, 15Spy, 8Sor, 80HWar, 20Elite

Artillery: 115 Cannons

Heavy Forces: 9 Orcish Tanks

Resources: 34,000 Gold, 1,900 Crystal

1 Quest Point.

5 Spies at Encelon

Anti-Goblin Attack Force: 126War, 2Sor, 20HWar, 5Elite, 27Cannon, 1 Tank. Encelon.

Fingon and the Turtle Riders of Encelon

Stronkholt: 2 Townhalls, 145 longhouses, 4 Mines, 2 Barraks, 1 Blacksmythe, 1 Tower of Wizardry, 1 Faktrie, 14,500 residents.

Orhkland: 5 plots, 2 farms, 1 Townhall, 2 Longhouses, 150 residents.

(OOC: I spend my quest point on 40 guardians, 10 bowmen and one warturtel)

Fingon's feast continues for a 5 five days, but then it's all over.

Encelon status

Units

Civilians: 278 growing by 15%

Soilders: 83 Guardians. 20 Bowmen

Infrastrucsture

110 residences

1 barrack

3 forge

1 tempel

Armory: 90 swords, 90 full plate armor and 20 bows.

Gold: 12834 + 528

Tax: 278

2 warturtals not ready for battle

Before the feast is over, Gab asks Fingon if he has any leads on Lord Moogie's kidnapper or if he has yet to find a lead to any royal heritage. Additionally he makes an inquiry based on claiming to the throne (Ringon battles), mainly concerning if anybody has made any challenges and who is allowed to do so

Gab's scout's reach their target destinations...

''Hmmmm there are so few soldier here'' muses the scouts... observing the Fenrir camp from behind a fallen trunk

He moved behind the fallen trunk, despite it being a more dangerous place to move to, to observe a discussion between Fenrir's

''I can't believe our leader was swallowed... by that thing!'' exclaimed one as her fist collided with a tree, uprooting and causing it fall over

''Woah!'' whispered the scout out aloud

''Well, according to the head mage, it will be of great value... besides that thing may just be our leader at heart...'' The other Fenrir replied casually not even sparing a glance at the fallen trunk... of which the action of it falling seemed to be a mere triviality like a greeting

''Time to report my findings back to Gab'' He thought after which he crawled away, remaining blocked from the view by the trunk, until he reached the tree... from there he dotted from tree to tree until he left the forest clearing at which point he was also a good distance away and so started on his way home...

Meanwhile the other scouts reached the animal race's camp

He spotted Ursa (or whatever that animals chick's name is) uttering a few un-decodable words... that he knew that it was certainly a language of sorts...

With this new found stirring knowledge he moved further from the camp outside audio range since the animals talking was indicative of at least some intelligence...

''These animals can talk? why not? I've seen them walking and the like... it's not a really big surprise... ah well pull back from this camp...''

He remained prowling the perimeter's of the camp are for quite some time so as to get a perfect and full exterior picture of the camp... he couldn't peer inside the far and few hollowed out trees that the animals probably called structures but he now had the layout of the camp and full reconnaisance of the territory and the nearby geography. After his reconnaisance and general base layout mid-to high intensity scouting, he left to report back to Gab''

Gab spotted Fingon leaving the barracks.Fingon's training drills were over and he had just left. And so Gab took the opportunity to speak with him...

''Fingon, You've told me much of this new created city of granduer... Dolicot... I'm thinking of transferring some of my men there but of course they require a cover... I can't simply send them in as citizens since the authorities there would then inquire as to whose citizens exactly are they. If you could provide them with the cover of being Citizens from Encelon and a man with them to prove it, that would be appreciated. I suppose I may send a few citizens to. but enough details. But to more important matters... I was wondering if I or one of my men could make a challenge for the throne'' Gab asked without a twitch

''A challenge to the throne! I'm not sure if anyone is allowed!'' Fingon replied

''Well if I or one of my men are allowed to make a challenge for the throne, then I don't see why not... That's if it's allowed...'' Gab said

Fingon replies by saying...

"well, the dwemar are a poeple of warroirs, so our king should be the greatets warrior, and if a human can beat a dwemar, then he is more fit to lead the dwemer, and about sending some of you citizens to Docilot, I would advise to let tehm remain here and adobt to our world, before venturing out, but I would be most please if you would care to tell me somemore of the world you left beheind"

''Thanks for the advice Fingon, you're right... we should learn more about this new world before venturing out of you're generosity... I guess I was just to quick and hasty. But feeling the need to take whatever opportunity is an attribute tributed to my world of which you seek knowledge. It is a world filled with war and hatred everywhere and worst of all, a terrible henious evil tyrant rules most of it. He and his people are conquerors... they conquered almost everyone even when much of the galaxy banded against him... then my people stood in our way. Victory was so close I could taste it and then everyone and everything was utterly destroyed... except for me of course. I fled litterrally without a choice to a planet called Earth where I joined a group called the W.U.N.F to fight off the Edians... the conquerors I mentioned earlier. Of course the W.U.N.F weren't clost to enough to stop them despite their Strategic genius and perhaps unparralled expertise in espionage... The fact may people were similar but were annihilated was a testamant to that. And thus it was fortunate that they allied with a peaceful and previously hidden civilization called the Magic Forces.'' Gab replied

''So these Edian have now been banished from you're... galaxy?'' Fingon asked

''Unfortunately they haven't... and though we still remain battling them, the future appears to be quite bleak however, relatively speaking things are starting to lighten up besides, I will gain my revenge as my honor code demands!'' Gab replied, the last words coming out in an even colder tone than his usual voice

"I see you are a men of great honor" Fingon replied "I'm thinking of recolonizing another old dwemer city know as Avalon, and I have come to think I will need some one to take care of Avalon on a daytoday basis, if I recolonize it, would you do me the honor of accpeting the job, if need arises?"

''With pleasure. After all... You've virtually saved us from becoming a puny settlement in a cave and allowed us expansion. It's time we returned the favor... One thing though: The maps of the territory around Avalon as well as the map covering the city's proposed area would be most useful. That way we can do more than just keep an eye on the place. If I remember correctly, the goblins destroyed Avalon as well as Encelon so I'm assuming that Avalon is close by and that the goblins were mainly based on these mountains. Does that mean they have been utterly wiped out?'' Gab said

"the goblins are cowards, they lack curage and honour, thay prefer to crowd together in one place, and only expand if there is dire need. and ofcause you can get copies of the maps. but I must ask you of two favors, frist I must ask if you would be so kind to use one of your scouts to take a look at the ruins of Avalon, and the second thing is, I have seen some of you peoples techs, and I wonder if you can teach some of iot to us?" Fingon replied

''I share you're opinion on the goblins... but if they only expand when there is dire need... why are they always attacking people? Actually never mind, goblin politics and strategy can be discussed later. I owe you my gratitude for the maps but all of my scouts are currently away on a mis...'' Gab said

''Reporting for duty sir,!'' Came the sudden voice of a scout

''I see...'' Fingon replied, amused

''Well I guess now that my scouts are back, I will send to two to Encelon. One for some high intensity scouting of the territory around Avalon, who will also observe the main entrances to the region that the enemy is most likely to travel through... provided he finds some. The second scout will scout Avalon out, checking and mapping every nook and cranny. They will use the provided maps to start their own mapping and decrease the time it will take after which they will return here with the updated maps... however on the note of tecknology you wish to receive. I have no doubts of you're people to comprehend it. Especially becuase they seem to be tecknologickally advanced but we dont have the actual specifications... Wait. Forget that. Thanks to my men's highly specialized training, they each know everything about their weapons and equipment to the finest detail, from their manafucaturing and specs to how to use them most efficiently. I will personally introduce you to my men if you wish, who will then have a discussion with you or you're scientists, regarding their weapons.'' Gab said

''Sir... that's a lot of trust! how come you never did the same with the Magic Forces?'' the scouts asked

''Though it was never their Emperors doing, they did purposefully betray once besides it's not really a lot of trust if you think about. We'd probably have eventually been killed by the goblins if it weren't for them and they risked total destruction by letting us into their town without permission from the orcs. But most of all, if we ever get back to our... plane... what they know will be irrelevent besides, excepting our sniper rifles, were not really providing them with any serious tecknology'' Gab replied

''Good point'' The scout replied seeing the logic in this

''Well, if you wish I'll give you a quick brief on the roles of my men now and then you can have the more specific discussion with them at a later stage''

''With pleasure. However, you will of course only be able to make simple weapons for now that don't require more refined materials and factories but in time you will have refined the neccesary raw materials and the factories will be complete at which point you will be sporting the modern weapons my men have. For now, I guess I could outfit some of you're mens weapons with some simple muskets and we could probably get some cannons going, the former take few posts to complete and the latter a little longer... Speaking of cannons, I've noticed that the civilisations seem to be lacking in a few clever ideas of the ancient history of my world's past. Though not currently neccesary, basilisks could prove to be very useful. They are special cannons desighned to elimenate enemy siege cannons such as the ones being produced by the orcs. As it stands, the orcs basically own you since their proximity and huge force means that if you do anything they don't like they could easily destroy you with their cannons. With basilisks, you could give them a nasty surprise. Though the orcs don't appear to be planning to betray you or anything like that, it's always that nice to have a little something backing you're politics. Do you have a basic alchemist Fingon?''

''Hmmm... We may have a suitable one in the keep but it doesn't have it's own building or anything'' Fingon replies (OOC: of course I may be mistaken)

''Well, I suppose if you have an alchemist in you're keep it'll do, but know that in the future you'll require a full scale laboratory if you ever want to possess some of our more advanced weaponry.Of course we'll cross that bridge if we get to it for now, you must meet my men and my scouts to since they should be back by now. If there's anything else you need to know about them or just want a general description of them instead of the stats and such they'd give you, I'm giving you the following files to view in you're keep...''

W.U.N.F flamethrower

W.U.N.F ice thrower

W.U.N.F N.V.G(Night vision goggles)trooper

W.U.N.F scout

W.U.N.F shotgun trooper

W.U.N.F sniper

(OOC: ask about a unit and I'll post the info on it)

Fingon meets the men, learning everything about them also he received the updated map documents with the unit parcel which has been delivered to his keep

The maps and reconnaisance brief display the following info:

Territory: You fill in

Avalon is a totally destroyed city but the ruins provided excellent cover and hiding spots for us which allowed us to discover some of the well hiden raw materials are still intact along with some perfect weapons. In the streets there is little, not even battered equipment and weapons. It appears the goblins have been quite thourough in their initial searches of the area... on that note, there are quite a few goblin bands that are probably treasure hunting in the area. They are fairly great in number but are scatted though there is probably a main goblin force ready to reinforce the area, we only reported enough camps on the reconnaisance of the surrounding territory (mountains to be exact) to house a mid-sized goblin force and thus the main goblin force would take quite some time to actually reach Avalon since they are nowhere near to the surrounding territory. This means that you could destroy the camps on the way to the ruined city, in such a battle you'd have a nice height advantage because you'd be crossing flat territory and then a cliff area where the goblins are stationed, fortunately this doesn't detract from Avalons defensive potential becuase the mountains are very far from the city and I suspect no cannon has enough reach to bombard Avalon without have to descend and leave the mountains far beyond, never mind an bowman. Once in the city, the scattered goblins would be quick to unit into a strong force but if you're men attack by surprise the goblins will be easily dispatched before they can band together. As a result, using such methods to remove the goblins would mean very few casualties however we have discovered the goblin treasure huntings bands are planning to leave the city in 5 posts max. It seems not even their greed could sufficiently nourish their impoverished powers of will. With this method you could also avoid destroying the goblin camps by coming in from the west instead of the North, in which case you're new colony would be totally secret for some time since no battle would ever take place and thus the goblins would not be aware of the colony or the forces garrisoned there which would be in perfect condition. Simply put, opting for a Southern approach to the city (from Encelon) and thus battle would mean massacring a large amount of goblins with very few, as a matter of fact, neglible casualties on you're side but option 2 would leave the goblines unaware to you're similarly unharmed army and the new colony at Avalon for quite some time...

Enemy troop composition:

Goblins at camp: 1900 regular goblins

100 hob goblins

Goblins at the ruins of Avalon: 4990 goblins

10 hob goblins

Goblins main force suspected: Unknown, few details though judging by the layout,type,position,siz,e.t.c of the camps,housing,paths,check points,towns,e.t.c the main goblin force is believed to be over 25000 goblins

Suspected battle results if battles were to occur at:

The camps:

Goblins would be defeated, losing 1900 regular goblins

100 hob goblins

Dwemer losses: 3 bowmen, 2 guardians, 5 reg soldiers

Assuming that the paths up the cliff are strategically blocked off,the dwemers are organized, the troop composition is well planned,e.t.c and that the plan is generally followed

Goblins at the ruins of Avalon:

Goblins would be defeated losing 4990 goblins

10 hob goblins

Dwemer losses: 7 bowmen, 3 guardians, 7 reg soldiers

Assuming the use of the cover provided by the ruins are used efficiently, the main paths strategically blocked off,the dwemers are organized, the troop composition is well planned,e.t.c and that the plan is generally followed

Gab offers to lend Fingon gold to train some troops from the populace at Encelon as a gift for Fingons warm welcome of his men and villagers

(OCC: the dwemar don't use regulars, they only use guardians, bowmne and warturtels. and you were right about my alchemist)

"thanks for this info" Fingon said, but now I must be off to talk whit one of your N.V.G tropps. I've hear that one of you men have got some magical powers, and let me tell you, magic is like a fire, it needs fuel, and that fuel can't befound under themoutains"

Encelon status

Units

Civilians: 318 growing by 15%

Soilders: 83 Guardians. 20 Bowmen

Infrastrucsture

110 residences

1 barrack

3 forge

1 tempel

Armory: 90 swords, 90 full plate armor and 20 bows.

Gold: 13362 + 568

Tax: 318

2 warturtals not ready for battle