C&C Generals link

Taqwa11

hm renegade sorry cerb i played the demo of this game multiplayer and i found it so bad ... that was the worst egoshooter ive ever played sorry ... i think that wasnt very badly i think for me hehe...

ok that was bad of ww that they do so sh** ... but i hate this game and it doesnt constitute me anything...

Yeah, they stopped supporting Renegade a while ago... But I'm probably gonna play Generals anyway. I can't pass up the opportunity to watch emprworm make as much of an idiot out of himself on the Generals forums as he did on these :)

Dude [please stop] madluxan i thought you guys would just stop making stupid little bullshit comments. You are AGGRIVATING him, if u get in trouble for starting fights then dont blame it on emprworm this time.This is almost exactly what you did last time.

Well, I'm buying Generals right away. Looks like it might release a bit later than November, though. Fine with me, if that means fewer bugs, better balance, etc.

You guys go ahead and boycott EA. There are just two great RTS game makers right now, EA and Blizzard. Pick one, or keep on playing a game you say is dead and unsupported.

I, too, would like a game company to support a game for as many years as I want to play it, but that is not reality. Business is business. Some of you ignorant twits need to learn that lesson, and thus lessen your disappointment. It's not cost-effective for a company to keep on spending its money on unpopular games just to keep a few of us happy. Any company that spends a lot of money on an unpopular game will soon go bankrupt. Game companies only continue to support games that, first of all sell well, and second of all continue to have a very, very large active fan base. Emperor DID NOT sell well, and it DOES NOT HAVE A LARGE ACTIVE FAN BASE. While all of you, and I as well, really love Emperor, we are very few. Emperor is NOT a popular game at all. You want a well-supported game, stick with one of the big, proven companies, like EA and Blizzard, and play a best-selling game. I'm counting on thousands of fans, maybe even millions over several years, jumping on the latest C&C RTS bandwagon, which is Generals. I'm betting they will. And if they do, you can count on the support RA2 got for several years, as well as patches and maybe a sequel. I may be disappointed once more, but if I get even half as much fun and enjoyment out of Generals as I have out of Emperor, my money is well-spent.

Oh, and please stop insulting Emprworm. He has the best Emperor site on the Net, and he seems to be a good guy. He's definitely a good player. I've only beaten him once out of many attempts under different names. Usually it's very one-sided in his favor. Save your insults for more deserving targets, like me for example. LOL

i think ur missing my point..every1 knew they abandoned emperor but who cares cause not many played it.

BUT!!! YR and renegade had a huge amount of players and they were abandoned and they both quickly died. They stop patching and the cheaters take over..then it just dies fast.

So taq dont sit there and say they stop supporting cause there r few players..its their policy for all games.

It is ww way, just dump the game when something new is released. Emp was dumped for yuris, yuris dumped for renegade, renegade for e&b. I think e&b will last the longest, simply because you have to pay to play, and ww will want to make as much money as they can off of it. Generals will be dumped too, for prob ra3, or something. But ww still makes the best rts games, just havent realized how to keep there fans.

If we stop buying their games, they will promptly go out of business, leaving us with Blizzard. Blizzard's good, but I think almost all of us on these boards prefer the Westwood/EA type of RTS over the Blizzard RTS.

I've said before that Westwood really screwed up in its marketing for Emperor. Yes, Westwood IS at fault here, too. But ANY company's first and most important factor is the bottom line. Emperor did not sell. Renegade was up against MUCH better shooter games. RA2 lasted quite awhile--several years is not a short lifespan for a PC game, and YR was simply a nice attempt at pleasing the RA2 fans and making some more money off their loyalty.

But it all came down to sales and moving on to newer and, hopefully, better things. The RA2 dump was the biggest surprise initially, but not when you really think about it. Generals will naturally take RA2/YR's place, and it will undoubtedly kick ass. The only question is whether EA's support will last for more than a year, and that simply depends on the PC game company competition and the almighty dollar.

Yeah, they stopped supporting Renegade a while ago... But I'm probably gonna play Generals anyway. I can't pass up the opportunity to watch emprworm make as much of an idiot out of himself on the Generals forums as he did on these :)

Get a life