The Butlerian Jihad Reviews

Mahdi

I took the book back to the library so I can't quote them... I do remember him saying, 'like golden lizards the dragoon gaurds stood in the sun' or something like that... and there were others, can't remember them now though. It did have an excellent beginning though that draws the reader in.

Holtzman effect - the shield, which repels all forces that are used against it. Created by Tio Holtzman, not Norma Cenva - he comes up with the equation.

Norma was the one who found out about the reaction of laser to shield - this is what Holtzman effect is in the game.

But originally, Holtzman effect is the equation of the shield itself.

• 2 weeks later...

My review:

The Butlerian Jihad

The book started a little bit bored, the attack on Salusa Secundus isn't so exciting and I know it was meant as an intro, but it could have been done better. But after a while the strong part of the book starts. When Serena Butler has been taken captive by the self-aware robot Erasmus. The philosophy is not bad, and it gives a good impression of the AI in the Butlerian Jihad. Though some things aren't totally correct it is an AI you can agree with.

It now becomes clear which characters play a real role in the book and which ones are not so interesting.

Some characters annoyed me, like Xavier Harkonnen, Norma Cenva, Selim, Ismael. They were to forced written.

But you won't notice that if you pay attention to the cool characters. Like Tio Holtzman, how nice to have an arrogant scientist who is still a genius

And a good thing in this book is how you can see the Jihad approaching.

And then the book is finished very well.

read the book in 5 hours? that is fast, i read it in 5 days. i enjoyed it, the writing style reminded me of the other prequel books(for obvious reasons) just as good as the other prequels, but more magnitude because of the machines. a movie would be cool.

if you enjoyed the other prequels, read this book!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Butlerian Jihad is my favorite of all the prequels so far.

Erasmus is a really interesting character, and I looked forward to every chapter in which he was involved. Trying to figure out what made him tick and how he came to be the way he was was a lot of fun.

My favorite quote in the book is from Tio Holtzman after that failed experiment causes the roof of his testing laboratory to crash, killing dozens of slaves and he remarks "At least no one was hurt."

I'm looking forward to finding out the origins of House Corrino and what family wins the battle of Corrin to establish themselves as rulers for over 10,000 years.