Total War

ordos45

Ha! Finally found one idea no one has tried.

It is an alternate history. The year is 1700. The countries of Earth are vying for supremacy.

Now the rules:

1. You can be any country you wish.

2. The troop/ship/artillery combined limit for a country is one million. If you have more than a million soldiers total in your military you cannot increase it.

3. During every battle, 1/5 of your forces are automatically killed as to keep everyone in line, plus however many are killed by the enemy. Thus, no battle can be longer than five posts.

4: Country sizes-

Small- These have few territories. They also have smaller populations. They gather 1,000 troops a post until they hit the 1,000,000 limit if they ever do. Example is Switzerland.

Medium- Larger than small countries but not quite large. Example would be Spain. Gathers 5,000 troops a post until the limit.

Large- Countries such as Germany and France. They have large areas of land and gather 10,000 troops a post until the limit.

5: Highest Tech Levels

During the RP you can never exceed the following tech levels.

Muskets- The best gun you can have. You can't get a better gun.

Cannons- Best artillery you can get, can't get a better one.

Battleships- The best naval ship you can get. It has 20 cannons, and carries 500 troops in addition to its crew.

Trenches/Forts- The best wooden defensive structure you can have is a fort. This is a large wooden-walled compound. A few cannonballs can destroy it. Trenches are dug, and add to your defense, the best trench type has spikes either inside it or in front of it to impale rushing troops.

Magic- None. No magic is allowed.

6. Normal fanfic rules apply.

7. No Superweapons, you can only use up to the tech listed in #5.

8. To avoid large rushes by bigger nations in the beginning, everyone starts with an army of 500,000 soldiers, but no navy or artillery.

---

Let the wars begin.

I will be Spain, Gob we need the other mod in fanfic vote finished soon, if you can. Since we can't moderate it because we're in it.

King Philip orders the construction of trenches inside the mountain ranges that hold the Iberian Peninsula seperate from Europe. The half a million soldiers go to comply with that order, while the 5000 other soldiers are dispatched to defend towns.

King Philip looked out at his new batch of military might. 5,000 artillery. He ordered they be dispatched to the hills Spain had within view of the seas.

(Figured I better be ready for seaside invasion.)

Trenches in mountains at 25% completion, 25% more each post.

(Ok as to not confuse anyone as to the amount of troops/artillery/ships you have I am asking out of courtesy to post them on your post. That way you and everyone else do not lose track.)

2,500 more cannons and infantry are ready. King Philip orders their move to the coasts as well to aid in project fortification.

Project Mt. Trench: 50% complete, growing 25% per post.

Project Fortification: Forts being stocked with troops and artillery at rate of 25% per post. Currently at 25%.

When these projects are completed, I'll most likely expand. But not before.

(yes Prussia was very powerful, but it was so off topic I deleted the posts. China would fall into large country so 10,000 troops a post.)

The mountains blocking the iberian peninsula from the rest of Europe were now lined with trenches in the mountain sides of passes, and along the peaks of the other mountains. (Yep this is my original half a million troops location.)

Project Mt. Trench: Completed.

Project Fortification: 75%

Total:

Troops: 512,500

Cannons: 7,500

Ships: None

(Good, next post I'll have my seaside fortified with forts full of troops and cannons.)

King Philip looked over to his advisor, "So the trenches in the mountains are completed?"

"Yes my Lord," said the advisor.

"We have a few internal problems I hear..."

"My Lord, The Basque, Jews, Muslims, and Protestants will not remain in Spain for long."

"Good."

Spanish Inquisition: 50% Complete.

Growing 50% per post.

read the top.

The jews and muslims that escapted into the sea are welcomed as heroes to the ottoman controled algeria.

Navel forces have begain massing in the ottoman controled algeria to protect the coloney from the vial spanish grasp.

15 battle ships,23 destroyers,12 crusiers and 31 frigets have been massed in algeria.

20,000 troops have also been brought to help foritfy algeria.

Forts and fortresses are being set up as well as trenches

20% fortified growing at 30% per post.

Ship consturction begins in the black sea.

3,000 artiler units move up with 4,000 janisarries

to mass with the troops on the georgia boarder.

total forces on boarder

20,000 regular forces.

5,000 artilery units.

8,000 elite janisarry units.

total forces. 540,000

I will be Russia.World DOMINATION!

----------------------------------

Czar Alfreck the I orders his 500,000 troops to spread out evenly among the Russian border.10,000 more troops.We start setting up artillery,forts,and trenches along the Russian border.We als o start preparing a naval fleet.

China would be a large country so you get 10,000 more troops a post, decide whether you want them to be infantry, cannons, or ships. Everyone starts with 500,000 troops no matter the size.

---

Project Fortification Completed.

Total:

Troops: 512,500

Cannons: 10,000

Spanish Inquisition completed except for those who escaped to the Ottoman Empire.

King Philip looked down to his advisors," Before we do anything else, we need to deal with Portugal. How should we?"

One timid advisor spoke up," We could mass infantry in order to march on the capitol and take it."

King Philip nodded, and they all knew what that meant.

A shadowy organization based in Malta controls several islands across the Mediteranean. Their army is small but well trained in the arts of sabotage and assasination. They are the Byzantine Empire, what's left of it. And they have sworn a bloody vendetta against the Ottomans.

So far, nobody knows the Byzantines still exist (you are not allowed to discover our existence unless we actually DO something on your territory, okay?)

A great leader surveys his fleet. He is the Basileus Constantius XII, and he knows his time has come at last.

A shadowy organization based in Malta controls several islands across the Mediteranean. Their army is small but well trained in the arts of sabotage and assasination. They are the Byzantine Empire, what's left of it. And they have sworn a bloody vendetta against the Ottomans.

So far, nobody knows the Byzantines still exist (you are not allowed to discover our existence unless we actually DO something on your territory, okay?)

A great leader surveys his fleet. He is the Basileus Constantius XII, and he knows his time has come at last.

Aren't you suposed to be a REAl country?

Alternate history, aren't you supposed to have lost a fifth of the troops you sent to conquor another country? lol.

---

King Philip Stood proudly amidst the ruins of the Portugese Capitol City, however every soldier devoted to the effort had been killed. All 5,000 of them.

Portugal "Liberated". Even if it did cost me all my troops this turn.

(OOC: Mind if I join in? BTW, since this is "Alternate History", can I construct Sea Fortresses?)

A loose-knit alliance of islands merge in the face of sure annihilation and create the Harkos Pirate League.

The 500,000 troops mass on the multiple beaches and begin ship construction while 1,000 fresh recruits run out onto the training plain to accept thier posts in the new HPL Army.

Today is a proud day. Today is a glorious day.

(OOC: Ok, for my own information in the next post, exactly how are the ship classes set up? I take it I can't build up 1,000 Battleships next round in leiu of my 1,000 troops...right? BTW, you've got to admit you got the "year 1700" idea from my "18th Century Earth" post...I'm just curious why either you or Ex haven't joined... :) )

(OOC: Yep. Ok since we need ship stats then:

Destroyer: 200 Troops worth.

Cruiser: 500 Troops worth.

Dreadnaught: 700 Troops worth.

Frigate: 1000 Troops worth.

Galleon: 1500 Troops worth.

Battleship: 2000 Troops worth.

Anyhow, I didn't join so I can moderate it, it looks easy to moderate.)

Total:

Troops: 517,500

Cannons: 10,000

Spanish Troops, currently the 5000 for this turn are massing along the border mountains with France, these 5000 don't have trenches however.

(to complicated for my blood)

Artillery slams into the anicent georigan castel.

blowing large chunks of concrete and limestone to smitherines.

Arcers on top of the old decaying towers fire down on the charging janisaries.

The cannons re aim and fire.

the towers fall to the ground.

georgian calvery units rush out and engage in a charge of the janisareies.

The janisaries are slaughtered. but as so are the georigan calvery.

The battle continues for hours. the georgians fight valently but are overwelmed by the sheer numbers of the ottoman forces.

2/5th of the ottoman forces are killed in the caos.

but the georigan states are added to the ottoman empire.

1,000 artiler total forces on boarder

10,000 regular forces.

4,000 artilery units.

4,000 elite janisarry units.

mass along the georigan boarder with russia

total forces. 538,000