Spelling?

damiok

I'm new here but I just wanted to say that there is an atrocious amount of misspellings when it comes to Dune words. I mean, we're supposed to be fans and we can't even spell Gom Jabbar correctly. This is just an observation so I don't mean to point any fingers at anyone. ;D

• 1 month later...

I mentioned that in another thread actually. :) But I think for most they wouldn't bother since there would just be way too many errors to fix. People should just spend a few more seconds to look at what they post first, I am at the point now where I don't read posts with lots of spelling mistakes. I figure if they can't put together a cohenent sentence they don't have much to say anyhow.

Read a post by ExAtreides and you will know what I mean. :)

If English isn't your first language I can understand, heck most of you are probably better then some of the American posters we have here. That's why you shouldn't go to school in the US. :D

You could set up someone as a moderator just to do the typos and errors (or at least the more dodgy ones). Except - judging by the last time Ex's post got modified (somewhere in Dune Editing), he might get a bit annoyed about it.

It does present a poor representation of ourselves. And it is aesthetically displeasing. Bad spellings need a cure of some sort.