I have noticed something...

DRFsimmsy

dune2k is the best online game, some oldbies arnt nice to begine with and boot new players from games, but it is worth staying with it and getting good, its the best online game and most of the poeple who play online are really nice, hope to see lots more on there

well, most people that play for a while anihiliate newbs. are are rude. and dune2k isnt full of angels either.

i went on there and a guy had 20 siege, missle & combat tanks guarding his spice field only. and he had like 50 turrets guarding his secondary base. after i saw that many turrets guarding a SECONDARY base, with only windtraps, i quit.

thatr wasnt an online player, most ppl who play online for a while dont build turrets, normal rules for a game are nerthh, which means no enginers, no rush, no turrets, and no havester hunting

some are rude, but some are really nice ppl, and if you want you tend to be able to find someone who will teach you how to play

I used to play online. Now... the only 'old' games I still play are Half-Life and StarCraft.

And when I did play Dune2k on the internet I kept getting sync errors or something if I played for more than half an hour.

You shouldn't treat newbies badly - you were all newbies once (remember?).

I did not read all the posts in this thread but I saw a few that spoke about people not treating others kindly.

It was the way people continually complained and bashed one another that made me leave EBFD forum. I tried going online a few times and just to get someone to say "hello" was a chore.

I bought Dune 2000 at a store for $5.00 and have had a blast with it. But I have yet to try it online.

I have many games and there are some great forums and places to play where, "winning is not everything."

I would love to get a response to this post that things have changed, but I am not that hopeful.

So, there is my $.02 worth.

Spoot

DRFsimmsy,

No, I might not have made it clear, but what I was saying is that I have been online to play EBFD but people were not all the friendly.

But, as of yet I have not played Dune 2000 online at all.

I hope that makes it clear.

Also, you would think that a game that is dead as EMP is people would welcome new comers to the game and be thrilled that they are there. I have not noticed this at all though. When I stopped going to the EBFD forum people were calling one another cheaters, and still talking about people disconnecting on them in a game and getting the victory.

That just got old to see over and over again.

Hope I made myself clear on this point as well. :)

Spoot

• 3 weeks later...

It seems to me, that hardly any, if no one here plays online. I beg of you all just COME ON LINE and play. It's sooooooo much more fun. At this time we are in great need of new players and without your help the dune community could well die. :(

I would simmsy but since you IM'd me and told me to eat pussy or whatever those kind words were it has not put me in the mood to play online at all, since people like you who don't even know me, feel you need to IM me cusswords, just to be funny?

• 2 weeks later...