I have noticed something...

DRFsimmsy

I can't help you with most of your problems except the crashing problem. On my site I have a program that will allow you to connect 4 players in 4 ways at all times, and stop 2 ways crashing. http://nicksimm.geekserve.org/dune2k/rotorz.shtml

Visit that page and click to download and dune will work fine. Just keep in mind that you must be hosting the games for them to work. If someone without rotorz hosts a game, and you join it will still not work. You must host if you have rotorz.

It's not just that.

If you login in a unknown name, winn a game against a "veteran" player he starts calling you newbie, lucky basterd, just beginners luck and whatever.

Logout, and login as "veteran" player yourself you beat the guy again [ no idea it's you again ] and his attitude is totally different.

Now, go playing on a Japanease server and you'll be supprised how polite the are.

"You loose !"

"See you next time !"

So if I can choose, between LAN games and playing on Japanease server. Or to get axcepted after a while.

I choose LAN's or P2P gaming. So call me a newbie or whatever you like. But remember there is always the change I've played more games, and better aponents than any of the online people you'r refering to.

This is just my experiance. So I'm nor saying you are one of these guy's. Nor that you are connected to any of them.

:)

"its a great game, everyone should play. not everyone is mean there. i have seen alot of nice peeps there, but also have seen some pretty wicked comments too. but overall i think its worth it to be able to play this game! so get online and play. "

Damn, nice to see some positive comments about this game. I agree, go get that patch from WW now. Remember, the game is pretty empty until about 9-10 GMT, maybe later. Also 6-7 GMT is a good time too, both PM of course.