The Harkonnen Airstrike

Timenn

If defend with Harkonnen, i think building a turret will be much more effective as well as cost effective, or a bunch of troopers would do the same job or a devastator or a Missile tank. ADP is seriously, seriously useless from my point of view.

Its also the least effective AA defence out of all 3 houses. 1st-weak armor 2nd-high price 3rd-long building time and finally-too slow.

Besides the AA mine which is the best AA unit in the whole game

No that's far from the truth. AA mines miss their targets quite often, and destroy themselves when used, which makes them inefficient. I'd say the best AA unit in the game would be the Harkonnen Missile Tank, or the Atreides Air Drone. :)

In the first place, you wouldn't come that close to an AA mine. You would fire the first shot (out of range of the AA mine), and then turn. The Air Drone would get another shot at the AA mine while its turning, and the AA mine will be crawling through the air because its been damaged. Just one more hit, and the AA mine will explode. :)

I hate it when i do not play atreides and someone comes with many gunships, with atreides i have never problems against gunships!

When gunships try to come to my base i kill them with drones before they arrive, drones are also faster...

ok if some1 comes with 30 (!!) gunships u can have 30 drones a few gunships will come to your base and destroy any building but without drones many gunships can destroy your full base!

With ordos i have problembs, well aa mine and aa infantery does not really kill much gunships the aa mine is good but drones are much better!

Harkonnen have no antiair untit like aa mine or drone, i use soldats and missile and of course some turrets !

There is also the sardaukar elite that fires very quick to air, with hark and ord i allways use them against air attacks!

The point is Ordos's AA defence is relatively POOR, even Sarduakar Elite's attack does do much to anGunship unless in groups of 5.

If you only could build Ordos units for AA purpose, AA trooper and AA mine is always the best choice.

If there's rush, try order the AA mine specificly to attack a gunship before its at your base, so 2 AA mine won't be going for the same target, and the AA trooper will finish them off when they're hovering to attack.

When i play ordos i have never build very much aa mines well have to try it :)

Yes of course but that does not really help to kill gunships, but u are right !

One question :

Does a aa mine destroy one gunship ? or u need 2 or aa infantery to kill it, i am not sure but i think the mine does not destroy a gunship...

But can you mount your AA Mines that way, that they all take out those Gunships. Because you can build 2 AA Mines in the time of 1 Gunships, I think

Two AA mines cost 1200 solaris (2x600). One Gunship costs 1000 solaris. So you'd eventually lose more money than the Harkonnen player if you killed 1 Gunship for every 2 AA mines, which is inefficient.

Though, the AA trooper can do much damage in groups of then, spread through your base, but just not big enough...

And rtz, the Harkonnen have an anti-air unit, the ADP (not a good one I must admit)

But it dishes out more damage than an Air-Drone. It'll be a smart choice to leave an ADP in the middle of your base.