no splash screens

BooF

It works if you just delete the legals.bik file - I did it after seeing this thread. I'd back up the file anyway, just in case.

I just moved the file into another directory over a month ago and it didn't cause any trouble loading the game.

i deleted that crap ages ago after a guy called Spoot asked that Q on the old boards.

Emperor has been running smooth as a whistle ever since, only now I am not subjected to EA/Westwood propaganda at the very start. I recommend that *everyone* delete that crap immediately.

If you haven't done it yet, this is one of the most important threads you will ever see on this board.

the splash sceens at the begining

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean the intro movie with the legal acknowledgements (EA and Westwood logos appearing), or do you mean the screen that shows the 'Emperor Battle for Dune' picture when you press 'Play' in the CD autoplay dialog screen?

If you want to get rid of the legal acknowledgements, then you'll probably be best doing what Timenn or frosco said earlier. If you want to get rid of the screen that pops up when you start Emperor (not the legal acknowledgements, the 'Emperor Battle for Dune' pop up picture), then you should probably delete the .409 files in your Emperor/Data folder. Back them up first, just in case the game malfunctions.