Niab Tank something to debate about

Barron

Hey, sry I havn't been posting for a while but I have been gone. I think this is a big thing to talk about. Does anyone realize how crappy that Niab Tank is. Now I know my game doesn't lag to much but after folding space to warp to any place on the map; it takes about 10 seconds to get it up and moving agian. Now in dune that is a long time. Too Long! They are a cool little toy to play with but unless you really like ugly worms and teleporting I don't think guild is the way to go.

NIABS suck on their own, but then again, so does almost *every* unit in Emperor except for the Fed. If you use NIABS as a stand-alone assault, yes they will surely suck and be a huge waste of your money.

There are many unstoppable NIABS strats, I even used one myself. If it gets really late in the game and I have not been significantly damaged before then, I become virtually unstoppable by any Ordos or Hark player because NIABS supplementing my force makes me untouchable by anything they could possibly build, no matter what Sub-Houses they use. Though again, I exclude the Fed from that statement, 'cause Feds are Uber.

NIAB Tanks will only show up where a few tanks only are, and will take their shots there. Once the real forces are hunting them, they will have fold spaced already.

And if someone is Guild. You should be Ix, most of you know why... hehe

hahahahahahaha, i like that VIG, your a nice guy, ya you can ask around. I know my stuff. and we did play together. The time you me and peter whoop the stuffing out of a newb, while ago. And back to the topic; maker is beter then Niab tank.

And if someone is Guild. You should be Ix, most of you know why... hehe

Or Guild. If your economy is stronger, or as strong as the other Guild player's, you could go toe to toe against their NAIB tanks with your own. Sarduakar and Fremen also counter Guild well, when used PROPERLY.

maker is beter then Niab tank.

WTF?!?! :O >:( How can that be possible? Makers cost half the price of NAIB tanks, but they are so fragile, take time to fire, are unable to self repair like the NAIB tank, and are just about worthless against enemy armour. NAIB tanks are much faster, give you more bang for the buck, and most surely will kill more enemy units worth than it took to build the NAIB tank. Makers are a waste of money, no one ever uses them. ::)

Eh, Sardaukar fire is not so good against NIAB tanks. Ok they do much damage. But too less, for the speed of the NIAB's. If you have to take out a bunch of NIAB's you must do that before they can fire their first shot, or second. And Sardaukar aren't effective enough then. Warriors ofcourse also not. But Fedaykin do. And they are stealth. So you can trap the NIAB Tanks too if they are going to a specefic spot in your base from which the enemy THINKS it's safe :)

NIAB's are an Uber-unit. That's why they're so expensive. That lightning of theirs can split apart tanks like a knife going through cheese. And they are fast as hell and don't slow down when hit. They also have teleportation, self-repair... NIAB's are very good in late game!

NIABS suck on their own, as does any unit in Emperor other than the Fed.

Anna, your enemy's Guild will never die to Feds or Sards or any type of Inf if you are playing a good player.

Still think people should be required to play Emp online before they post here. Such ignorance abounds. 8)

Eh, Sardaukar fire is not so good against NIAB tanks. Ok they do much damage. But too less, for the speed of the NIAB's. If you have to take out a bunch of NIAB's you must do that before they can fire their first shot, or second. And Sardaukar aren't effective enough then. Warriors ofcourse also not. But Fedaykin do. And they are stealth. So you can trap the NIAB Tanks too if they are going to a specefic spot in your base from which the enemy THINKS it's safe :)

Well yes, comparatively more effective.

But the problem is they aren't mobile when deployed.

They don't need to be mobile. The mobility of the Sarduakar Elite won't make MUCH difference against NAIB tanks, because the NAIB tanks can outrun the Sarduakar Elites. Infantry are best used for short range or static defence against NAIB tanks, they're not going to run round chasing them. Therefore, Kindjal are an excellent defence against NAIB tanks, as are Sarduakar Elite, since both weapons are instant hit weapons, (which helps to alleviate the speed advantage that the NAIB tank has over the infantry), the Sarduakar Elites and Kindjal Infantry can take them out quite nicely. Both types of these infantry specialize in taking out armour, and the NAIB tank is also specialized at taking out armour, so it is weak against infantry.