OMG YOU ARE ALL SUCH NEWBIES!!!

DRFsimmsy

Oh my god... Some of you seem to think that 2 harvesters and 1 refinery is acceptable. In reality if you want to play a good game you must build 12 harvesters, and a minimum of 4 refineries. In addition you need 3 of every unit production facility (barracks heavy factory etc.) Some of you guys need to come online and play some real players instead of AI where perhaps it is possible to win with 2 harvesters.. LMAO.

I'll bet that if you played any of the 'good' players online, you would accuse us of cheating you would be so suprised at the amount of units we're producing. We would be continuously building out of the heavy factory, barracks and light factory, whilst simultaneously starporting as much as we can in.

Sorry for posting it in the wrong area, but yes I have played newbies, and there is a post that says "2 harvesters 1 refinery and 2 carryalls" is what you should use in a practise game.... LOL!

Oh and yes, you do need to go practise your English Language skills. If you're foreign, well then I guess I can't hold anything against you. ;D

Yep I play small maps where there isn't much room too. On the topic of Timenn's English skills, they are better than most of what I hear every day in a United States Public School.

Though I am curious as to what English speaking country you are from. From the quality of rudeness I would guess the US, but that would mean you spelled "practice" wrong, as you spelled it with an "s" in the place of a "c".

Oh whoopsy do! I spelt one word wrong out of about 200. This guy was spelling words wrong 100%.

As for the link here it is: http://www.dune2k.com/forum/index.php?board=8;action=display;threadid=1851

Read the post by the guy with coloured writing (forgotten his name).

P.S. Don't pick up on the word "coloured". I live in England. Yeah, the place where you play football with your feet instead of your hands and spell things the correct way. ;D

Can be, that's one of the points where you can edit posts for. Also to remove some unnecessary swearing...

And that guy said 'minimum'. And you can see that word different in many different situations...

Timenn, you missed my point. He commented on me spelling a word incorrectly, while he himself clearly cannot spell, I know very well what the edit command is used for.

But still to even seriously suggest that someone could possibly build 1 ref! Oh dear... Even on a small map. Please, I beg for some of you to come and play online, just play with anyone who doesn't have 1224 after their name or something similar (this is usually the sign they are a newbie), and you'll soon learn how to play this game properly.

Try this build order, you must build it fast for it to work well. Just give it a try in practice mode:

p = power, h = heavy fact, b = barracks, r = ref, o = outpost.

P P R H R R P H P H B B R P B O P STARPORT HI TECH P IX CENTER

Continuously build harvesters until you build your third heavy factory, then continuously build combat tanks, and once you get a barracks keep building rocket men. Watch out for the computer's engineers though. After the IX center you can keep building light factories and refs or whatever. Also keep ordering from the starport too, and before you know it you'll have absolutely F*CK loads of units.

Just curious but why should you keep building light factories ?

I don't play Dune RTS games a lot these day's. Mostly training Yuri's revenge and Unreal 2003.

But with RTS games I think the game is far to easy and no fun if you have a "f*ck load of units".

Infact, when I play [ organise ] a tournament there are usually extra rules wich have the effect of placing players who just build units in a disadvantage.

Now I now you'r taking about online gaming. And for that you should have that load of units. But you also mention newbies. And I think when you just play the game to build units and give your aponent a tank rush or whatever you are a newbie to the game.

This because you just have that tactic. Not being familliar with different units, there unique abileties and having tacktics of your own.

Any newbie can winn with a load of units. But not with just 8.

:)

When I said keep building light factories, I meant build 3.

When we play online, we all have loads of units, so the person with best skill and tactic is going to win. Apart from newbies. BTW, online we all play NERTHH, which means No engineers, **RUSH**, turrets or harvest hunting. We believe those things take the skill out of the game. Oh, and I forgot to say, after you get IX center, start getting sonics and missile tanks. I'm not saying that the more units each player has the more fun the game will be, it just seems to me, Gryphon, that you've never played anyone but a newbie or the computer (you're clearly a newbie yourself, and when I say newbie, I mean someone who sucks at the game, not how long you've been playing).

Ok, quit now with calling everyone newbies. It makes me more think that you are only somewhat better then a newbie. And react your frustations on them.

And NERTHH is a newbie rule. I have to say that. Because why do they take the skill out of the game?

It means to me that you are settings those rules that way, because you can't handle them

Gryphon, that you've never played anyone but a newbie or the computer (you're clearly a newbie yourself, and when I say newbie, I mean someone who sucks at the game, not how long you've been playing).

You are the best guy I have ever met. Able to say how good I play without even knowing me or ever have played me.

Can you guess my passwords to ?

Besides that, I agreed with you that if you play online you need a lot of unites.

But it just happends that the European and world Games are not played online.

Nor are some tournaments in real life. And having different rules for them is not unusual.

But now what is your point in posting this topic and replies. Just to tell how we all suck and how good you are playing Dune 2000 ?

Shouldn't you be giving us tips then sinds this is a forum more directed to helping other players then to flame who ever you feel like.

Oh whoopsy do! I spelt one word wrong out of about 200. This guy was spelling words wrong 100%.

As for the link here it is: http://www.dune2k.com/forum/index.php?board=8;action=display;threadid=1851

Read the post by the guy with coloured writing (forgotten his name).

P.S. Don't pick up on the word "coloured". I live in England. Yeah, the place where you play football with your feet instead of your hands and spell things the correct way. ;D

DRFsimmsy,you really do not know me. I was playing Dune 2000 for years after it came out, and I'm no newbie. I'm well aware that if you want to pump out units non stop out of all the ground production facilities, that you will definitely need more than 2 harvesters, 1 refinery, and 2 carryalls. I DID NOT say, that having 2 harvesters, 1 refinery, and 2 carryalls to fuel your ENTIRE economy was more than adequate, I said it was the MINUMUM you should have. In case you failed to notice, the thread that I posted that content in was specifically for 'practice games'. Mentat_Li (the person who started the topic) asked for people that were great players in practice games . I've never really played Dune 2000 online, because by the time I got around to going to WOL in the Dune 2000 lobby, Westwood had completely screwed up the system and multiplayer was no longer possible. I did however, spend countless hours in 'practice' in Dune 2000. Therefore, I think I can speak from experience. I NEVER mentioned anything about playing online, that is a different matter. Did the person who started the topic ask for advice on strategies for playing Dune 2000 online? NOoooo. As for the part where I was 'spelling words wrong 100%' , perhaps you would like to give me the CORRECT spelling for EVERY SINGLE WORD that I included in that post? After I proofread the post, I could only find one word that was wrong, and I fixed it, just for you. Now I'm not about to start a flame war in this thread because it's not worth it on the likes of people like you, but I will say that your rudeness and lack of depth into what that thread is about, and what my post that you are referring to there is about, disgusts me.

I edited it to be less flaming actually. And before you accuse everyone of spelling incorrectly, I don't use the British spellings. I use the American English spellings, though I don't use the New Englander spellings such as "spelt". Oh well, cheers!

(I just go straight for the Heavy Factories on Skirmish. The comp is so stupid it will never attack with anything large, except infantry. A well balanced dozen or so infantry and siege/missile tanks can handle a wide open base entrance against the comp. But I've never played online, and it undoubtedly better to have fast hitting units early on against other human opponents.)

Oh and here's anothing thing that will probably cause people to write 200 word posts +. I don't defend my base!!!

Nope I just leave it. Using my strat the computer is dead before it starts using tanks, and the rate at which I'm building makes it so i always have 1 combat tank, 1 quad, and 5 rocket men, which is enough to deal with the computers shitty attacks.

Consider me a newbie for not playing online if you wish. I've been playing Dune 2000 since the month it came out. I've beat the game on every diffuculty level of every house, beat any comps in skirmish easily, and have beat the game with mods that give the comp as many advantages as it does you. I've also not been attratced to online play, I've heard about something called NERRTH rules? What are they?

Basically, NERTHH is to stop games ending fast. Rushes end the game quickly and thus make the game pointless. Some people can go a little over the top with turrets and engineers too.

The only thing I consider a challenge on dune 2000 single player is 5 ai on hard mode. You do need some skill to win that one, which obviously I have. =)