What the best??????

Guild Maker

I don't know which is the strongest the Minotaurus or the Kobra?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Mino.

1. Mino has four cannons. :)

2. Slow in reload. :(

3. Slow in movement. :(

Kobra.

1. One cannon. :-

2. Fast reloading. 8)

3. Miedium velocity in movement. ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, you're wrong, they fire both the same 'bullet' (so it's called in the code) So they have the same range, and the same damage. But the damage is also calculated with the rate of fire, so that is very messy all (WW!). Just note they have the same range, it may look sometimes the Mino has a bit longer range, but that's a bug in the guard mode function (WW again!)

Ok, now for the final answer, and believe, I tested it right. So there will be NO further discussion.

Research: Which is stronger the Ordos Kobra or the Atreides Minotaurus?

Execution: I tried 4 possible confrontations between the Minotaurus and the Kobra.

1. They both fire to death, on equal ground, and the Kobra is deployed

2. They both fire to death, on equal ground, and the Kobra is UNdeployed

3. They both fire to death, with the Minotaurus on higher ground (and so it will have the height bonus), and the Kobra is deployed

4. They both fire to death, with the Minotaurus on higher ground, and the Kobra is UNdeployed

When they had to start firing, I commanded the Minotaurus first, and immediatily after that the Kobra. So the Minotaurus has a very small (irrelevant almost) advantage

Results:

1. The Kobra wins, with almost 1/2 of it's health left

2. The Kobra wins, with 1/3 of it's health left

3. Similar to 1.

4. Similar to 2.

These are the FACTS. So NO discussion

Conclusion: The Ordos Kobra wins in all these situations from the Atreides Minotaurus

Kobra is stronger than the Minos if both are used properly. Kobras are *not* fun to deal with even with a lot of Minos on my side, if the Ordos knows what he is doing. Thankfully, most Ordos players have no idea how to use Kobras properly so us ATR players can rest easy.

Indeed? I'll doubt that.

Now here's one solution available: Kobra is deployed, both is out of each others range, you order the mino to shoot, and retreat out of its range once it has finish the salvo and repeat when ready. Although i've never tried it myself, but i know by "common sense" its much better than just stand there and get hit.

Retreating Minos is hardly ever a good idea IMO. They move so slow that they are gonna get pummeled in most cases when they try to retreat. Better to let them return fire before dying, I say. There are exceptions, of course. That suggestion for making the Kobra chase you would probably not work since it does not take the Kobra long to deploy and if both the Mino and the Kobra are being Mircoed directly, the Kobra can quickly deploy again and pummel the Mino.

Kobras are better, but try having a field of 25 minos vs 25 kobras, minos are going to win because they dish out huge amounts of damage in one sec while it'll take kobra the reloading time of one mino to do that, thus making the mino better in one circumstance I can think of.

Exactly, 1v1 and group vs is different.

Because the mino is always mobile, it could always cover each other while the Kobra needs to deploy and undeploy. Although both use the same ammo, but their different firing rate matters too, a Kobra fires constantly while the mino fire a huge burst at a time, that does make a huge different.

And for their range, unlike everyone say they both have same range, i found out the mino actually has a slight better range. A mino and kobra is 1v1 on flat ground, kobra is deployed and i ordered a mino to attack the kobra, when the mino is shooting it i tried order the kobra to retaliate, but it couldn't for some reason.

Kobras are better, but try having a field of 25 minos vs 25 kobras, minos are going to win because they dish out huge amounts of damage in one sec while it'll take kobra the reloading time of one mino to do that, thus making the mino better in one circumstance I can think of.

I disagree. I fought your good pal Netpemp in QM and to my great shock, I lost (on that one occasion, we both beat each other in various QMs). It was his wall of Kobras vs my wall of Minos PLUS my Feds and Sard Elites. I had as many Minos as he had Kobras, maybe only a few less. I also had tons and tons of Feds and Sard Elites.

Netpemp's Kobra wall chewed through my entire army like it was nothing. My conclusion from that game: if Kobras are being used properly, a Kobra wall massacres a Mino wall, no question.

anna that's why i was number 3 ATR in July because I am not good LOL newbies eh? gotta love 'em (for their comedic value)

Vilgent --- yes that is EXACTLY the point I was making! Netpemp is an elite player in my opinion, he's about as good as they get (not as good as Cerb and the very upper stratosphere of Emperor players, but very few ever get that good) - he knows all the strats and counters and how to move his units well.

I am in the same boat. I may not be better than netpemp, but our skill level is very close to being at the exact same level, as we alternate between Wins every time we play QM (and I beat him and you in Custom with Cerb on my team, and that was a fairly long game because all of us are very good at Emperor, otherwise me and Cerb woulda steamrolled over you guys a lot quicker)

Conclusion: When both players know exactly what they are doing, and it's a Kobra wall vs. a Mino wall, the Kobra wall wins.

I think he is better then you.

And again you didn't read my post. I said that it looks sometimes that the Kobra has a slight smaller range then the Mino. But that is because of a bug in the Guard function

No, its not the bug at all, i ordered to Kobra to shoot several times and it did not respond to the ordaer at ALL.